PDA

View Full Version : Mary's Acura Classic Draw (and it's not good news...)

Declan
Jul 24th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Just seen the Acura Classic draw, and Mary starts against Claudine Schaul again, but then immediately comes up against Venus Williams - again. I know it's a tough tournament for all, but wouldn't it be nice for Mary to be able to gain some momentum with a less daunting draw? Or am I being pessimistic?

David Barker
Jul 24th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Just seen the Acura Classic draw, and Mary starts against Claudine Schaul again, but then immediately comes up against Venus Williams - again. I know it's a tough tournament for all, but wouln't it be nice for Mary to be able to gain some momentum with a less daunting draw? Or am I being pessimistic?

No I don't think you are. Love Mary and this is very tough. She should beat Schaul though. Mary, Babsi and Lina K are my faves - tough draws for Mary and Babsi and Lina not even playing although on tournament update list just thursday. Probably missed her plane!

GOOD LUCK MARY!

amnesiac
Jul 24th, 2004, 08:40 AM
not a good draw!
venus is in a great shape and good form.

Andy.
Jul 24th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Yes it is a tough draw but it is also a good opportunity for mary. i assume she has been working with her brother whichwill boost her game and venus has been playing alot and does not have a bye so may be tired if she plays Mary. i give Mary every chance. good Luck Mary. i also cant wait to see what she is wearing.

Tompier
Jul 24th, 2004, 12:23 PM
This draw is just crap :mad: and you all know this, I have seen Venus playing LA, She was awsome, powerfull, fast, confident, on hardcourts She is very VERY dangerous, I don't see mary in 3rd round but I would love to be wrong though.
Anyway Good Luck Mary, Go Girl :bounce:

sebbe
Jul 24th, 2004, 01:23 PM
I think this is the worst draw she could get.
Venus is one of the two best players right now and I really
hope that Mary will move a little bit faster now, because she really needs
to do that. Otherwise I really don't wanna know the score.
It scares the hell out of me.

But I really wish you good luck Mary and as usuall you can just play
your best and see how far it will take you.

marion
Jul 24th, 2004, 01:36 PM
allez mary!
bonne chance pour le tournoi en simple et en double avec amélie.Je suis sur que lentreinement avec david lui sera bénéfique.ALLEZZZZZZZZZ

m_pierce fan
Jul 24th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Mary will do fine...believe me! Claudine will be "breakfast" for Mary!

aimee20
Jul 24th, 2004, 02:38 PM
we're talking about the lady who could beat anyone at her best.
so if she's ready she'll take the titile no matter how tough the draw is.
but personally,I just love to watch her play.
win or lose I don't care anymore, I just think it's time for her to have fun. :kiss:

saby
Jul 24th, 2004, 09:27 PM
It's not a good draw but I can't wait to watch Mary !!! I want to know how Mary and David work out together again!!!

:angel: :angel: :angel:

m_pierce fan
Jul 24th, 2004, 09:30 PM
VENUS JUST RETIRED from her match against Lindsay....so this is good news for mary, although i think Maam would kick Venus's ass if Venus is healthy!!

saby
Jul 24th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Do you really think she will not play next week?
What was her problem? :wavey:

Andy.
Jul 24th, 2004, 09:57 PM
venus has a sprained wrist which could mean that she will pull out of sandiego which could open up mary's draw a little

saby
Jul 24th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the info...

m_pierce fan
Jul 24th, 2004, 10:43 PM
yeah...i really think Vee is not gonna play next week...im like 100 % sure that she just wants to be 100 % at athens

Go Maam!

Mark Spruce
Jul 25th, 2004, 03:38 AM
Well I hope that Mary will make the most of this event.

Best of luck Mary. Wishing you all of the best. I wonder if Mary is going to play doubles as well.

Mark

Berlin_Calling
Jul 25th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Im looking forward to Mary playing Venus! (if Venus' injury isnt too bad)

saby
Jul 25th, 2004, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=Mark Spruce]Well I hope that Mary will make the most of this event.

Best of luck Mary. Wishing you all of the best. I wonder if Mary is going to play doubles as well.

Mark[/QUOTE

She will Mark, Amelie and Mary are going to Greece so they have to play together (it's the french federation choice) and Mary said it on an interview, they will play together until the olympics games.