PDA

View Full Version : ::: Rallyin' Rubin Cheering Thread :::

treiber04
Jul 23rd, 2004, 02:38 AM
After finally winning some matches after a long break Chanda is ready to pounce and win her first Tier I title. If Chanda can keep her nerve and her knee she can easily be a contender for this title. Good luck Chanda and win win win! :D

setpoint
Jul 23rd, 2004, 03:51 AM
Great results last week in singles and doubles. Each tournament, you will just get better. Good Luck Chanda Rubin.

esquímaux
Jul 23rd, 2004, 05:43 AM
:bounce:Geaux Chanda, you got me bouncin' babe :bounce:

treiber04
Jul 24th, 2004, 03:35 AM
Well Chanda didn't get the easiest draw but it's quite possible she can get far! She faces Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi of Isreal in the first round and leads their H2H 4-1, their last encouter in 2003 at Eastbourne where Chanda demolished her 6-0 6-1. Good luck Chanda! :yeah:

Head-to-Head

QF Eastbourne June 22 2003 C Rubin(2) - A Pistolesi 6-1 6-0
1 Zuich Oct 20 2002 A Pistolesi - C Rubin 6-3 6-3
1 Australian O. Jan 30 2000 C Rubin - A Pistolesi 6-3 6-4
1 Ph'delphia Nov 14 1999 C Rubin - A Pistolesi 6-4 6-4
2 Madrid May 24 1998 C Rubin - A Pistolesi 6-3 3-6 6-2

QuicKyMonSter
Jul 24th, 2004, 11:57 AM
good luck

treiber04
Jul 25th, 2004, 03:14 AM
GEAUX CHANDA GO!

V-MAC
Jul 25th, 2004, 05:32 PM
RUBIN FORECAST:after a damp period followed by a drought the last few months, the outlook for the hardcourt season in the Rubin camp is looking extremely positive, with many bright bursts of sunshine which is looking likely to be followed by a heatwave!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :) gooooo Chanda !!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

Bероника
Jul 26th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Go Chanda!!!!

treiber04
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:08 AM
RUBIN FORECAST:after a damp period followed by a drought the last few months, the outlook for the hardcourt season in the Rubin camp is looking extremely positive, with many bright bursts of sunshine which is looking likely to be followed by a heatwave!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :) gooooo Chanda !!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

:lol: :haha:

:yeah:

GEAUX CHANDA!

Everyone vote this thread as 5 stars! :D

Brian Stewart
Jul 26th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Well, back to work. Another week, another test. This time it's the solid veteran Anna. Chanda will have to play well to win. I hope it isn't too chilly when they take the court.

You can win this, Chanda! Best of luck!

GEAUX CHANDA!

GoSandrine
Jul 26th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Encouraging that Chanda played Elena D so close. I saw Elena against Serena and she was really pounding the crap out of the ball. I hope Chanda is over her injury problems although I sense she's still not operating at full capacity. Tonight will be a test against the human backboard. I should be around in the scoring threads if I haven't passed out.

Go Chanda Go! :kiss: :hearts: :yippee:

treiber04
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:33 PM
....if I haven't passed out.

Go Chanda Go! :kiss: :hearts: :yippee:

:haha: :yeah: :bounce: :devil:

GEAUX CHANDA!

kyk710
Jul 27th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Chanda !!! :) Watch out draw! Chanda crushed ASP 6-0 6-3!!!! Well done Chanda, next is Kostanic.

I think Chanda will go very far in this tourney!

GoSandrine
Jul 27th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Keep cooking Chanda http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_13_8.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

:D

Bероника
Jul 28th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Go Chanda!!!! Beat Kostanic!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Brian Stewart
Jul 28th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Great win in the first round, Chanda! Now you have to keep your focus, and be ready to capitalize on any opportunities. You can do it, Chanda! Best of luck!

GEAUX CHANDA!

kyk710
Jul 28th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Chanda def. Kostanic 6-4 6-3.

I think this is a great win for Chanda - Jelena is a very good player that has had a pretty good year and I think has great potential... Next up is Myskina, lets hope that Chanda can finally turn things around and beat her! I think she can pull off the upset.

GO CHANDA!!!

GoSandrine
Jul 28th, 2004, 09:56 PM
:woohoo:

Keep chuggin Chanda! http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_2_113.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Brian Stewart
Jul 29th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Another solid effort. She immediately gave back the break in the second set, but then followed with a re-break and maintained the lead. Up next is her toughest opponent since the injury. It'll be a good chance to knock off some more rust in a big match. Stay focused Chanda, and whatever you do, if you get a lead, don't let up. She is, by her own admission, waiting for you to choke. Keep the pressure on throughout the match.

You can do it, Chanda! Best of luck!

GEAUX CHANDA!

V-MAC
Jul 29th, 2004, 10:33 AM
a GOOD start is vital here fir Chanda in this match and most important of all, if she wins the 1st set, she MUST hold in her opening service game in the 2nd set. Good luck Chanda !!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

esquímaux
Jul 29th, 2004, 11:19 AM
:woohoo:

Keep chuggin Chanda! http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_2_113.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Chuggin' Chanda! Me like :D:yeah:

treiber04
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Good luck Chanda! :D

Just wanted to mention to all you Chanda fans that the website that I've created for her has been updated:

www.geocities.com/rubinfan04/rubinhome.html

Bероника
Jul 29th, 2004, 09:37 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040729/all/l1182779.jpg

Chanda Rubin hits a backhand shot during her third round match against Anastasia Myskina of Russia at the Acura Classic held at the La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, Calif.

Bероника
Jul 29th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Myskina Cruises Past Rubin to Gain Quarterfinal Spot

Watch out Acura Classic tennis fans. French Open champion Anastasia Myskina has brought her “A” game to the La Costa Resort and Spa this week.

The third-seeded Russian played nearly flawless tennis in an impressive, 6-1, 6-2, victory over American Chanda Rubin, which took only 61 minutes on Stadium Court.

Myskina, who lost her serve in the fourth game of the third-round match, broke Rubin’s serve four times in winning the first set in 24 minutes.

The Russian dominated play from the baseline throughout the match as she pounded winners from the baseline off her forehand and backhand.

When Rubin would approach the net, she was unable to put away many of the volleys and allowed Myskina to hit winners.

With a 3-2 lead in the second set, Myskina scored a service break and then held for a 5-2 lead.

Rubin served to stay in the match at 5-2 and battled Myskina in a 16-point game, the longest game of the match.

Rubin fought off two match points, but on the fourth deuce point of the game, Myskina executed a perfect crosscourt slice drop shot winner to gain her third match point.

The match ended when Rubin netted a low forehand volley.

Myskina advances to a quarterfinal match against the winner of the Gisela Dulko / Maria Sharapova match.
Myskina now leads Rubin 4-2 in career head-to-head meetings.
Myskina is ranked fifth in the world.
Myskina is making her second Acura Classic appearance. She reached the third round here in 2002.
Myskina improves her 2004 match record to 30-8.
Myskina defeated Rubin in the fourth round of this year’s Australian Open, 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2.
Rubin is ranked 23 in the world.
Rubin’s 2004 match record falls to 12-7.
Rubin was making her 10th Acura Classic appearance. She reached the quarterfinals here last year.
Rubin was a semifinalist at the 1996 Australian Open

GoSandrine
Jul 29th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Chanda :hysteric:

She looks great in the pic though. :hearts: Better luck in Montreal, Sweetie. :hug:

kyk710
Jul 30th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Poor Chanda :( :sad: :crying2:

kyk710
Jul 30th, 2004, 03:43 AM
good luck next week!

Brian Stewart
Jul 30th, 2004, 07:07 AM
A dissapointing score today. But as is common with Chanda, a deceptive one. There were a few games in the second set which she let get away after having game points. That set score could easily have been reversed, and sent the match into a 3rd set. She should have at the very least been even at 4-4.

And likewise last week, when she should have won that second set against Dementieva.

It just shows the difference between players who have been healthy, playing all year, and playing at the top of their games, versus a player who was out most of the year with an injury that precluded even stepping on a practice court, and is still shaking off the rust after only a handful of matches. If a rusty, C-level Chanda can challenge the top players, just imagine what will happen if she can get and stay healthy enough to get back in form.

Chanda now has 3 "freebies" ahead of her in Montreal, the Olympics, and the US Open. Just one good run at any of those will jump her up several spots. A couple of decent results could get her back in the top 10, or at least very close. If she doesn't make it back this year (she has missed the majority of the season), she should next year. She literally has nothing to defend between the PPO and Carson; 5½ months of "free points".

Good luck in Montreal, Athens, and New York, Chanda! And don't listen to the bashers, who will use this necessary "rust-removal" period as an excuse to write you off. The other players know how good you really are. That's why they are always so focused when they play you.