PDA

View Full Version : Grand Slams

LostGlory
Jul 22nd, 2004, 01:59 PM
Do you think Amelie has a good chance to win the US open or any chance at all of ever winning a GRAND SLAM???....Do you think she can reach the top women's ranking ever...
I think if she wins Acura Classic, Rogers Cup, The Olympics and The Us open, it'll be like heaven for all her fans and the ultimate answer to everyone who battered her through out her tennis career...I obviously think she can do it ....Does anyone agree with me and why??? oh and definetly she would achieve the top women's owners....

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MOM REACH HER POTENTIAL.....

-Em-
Jul 22nd, 2004, 02:35 PM
somebody had a really great signature once. i think it could be a pretty good answer to your question. it said something like "Momo play with your heart not with your mind".
So yes, i think she's able to achieve all that stuff you're talking about as long as she plays with her heart not with her mind;););)

Lapin
Jul 22nd, 2004, 02:41 PM
Hi Lostglory! :wavey:

Personally, yes I do believe that Amélie can win a Grand Slam and become No. 1 (although I wouldn't want to definitely say she will win the U S Open! ;) ) The French players (especially the women) tend to do better later in their careers, so I'm hoping it will be the same for Amélie!! ;)

Josefina
Jul 22nd, 2004, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know when is Mo playing next ?
As I know, she will be at Accura Classic, that starts on July 24th.
Will she play next saturday?
Thanks for the data.
Jo.

-Em-
Jul 22nd, 2004, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know when is Mo playing next ?
As I know, she will be at Accura Classic, that starts on July 24th.
Will she play next saturday?
Thanks for the data.
Jo.

yep she plays at acura next. the schedule will be available july 24th.

www.acuraclassic.com

flyingmachine
Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:45 PM
I don't know if Momo will win the US open or not .I think this is depends on other players but she's definility has a good chance. I think any GS is good for Momo.

LostGlory
Jul 23rd, 2004, 07:47 AM
I don't know if Momo will win the US open or not .I think this is depends on other players but she's definility has a good chance. I think any GS is good for Momo.

I just saw the draws for the US Open on yahoo tennis sports page this morning, they said that Hennin and Clijester announced they will be at the US Open.....Funny part is that they mentioned most of them except Momo....
It annoys me so much the way MoMo is undermined in the international circuit and I have no idea why.....I think she plays better than most....I just wish she wins more often....

sharik
Jul 23rd, 2004, 10:00 AM
I have the same feeling LostGlory! I keep getting angry and frustrated :fiery: that the press and everybody else keeps ignoring Mo so very often. It's so unfair! She's the world's number three, for heaven's sake!! But they seem to think it's more important to tell the world which top 20 players will be playing, as long as they are called Williams or Henin, or are blond and heterosexual. It really pisses me off! Our Mo has played about the best of them all when you look at the overall results this year, but nobody seems to give a shit! GO MO, finally win your GS and make sure they cannot ignore you any longer!
We are right behind you!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sharik

LostGlory
Jul 23rd, 2004, 11:24 AM
I have the same feeling LostGlory! I keep getting angry and frustrated :fiery: that the press and everybody else keeps ignoring Mo so very often. It's so unfair! She's the world's number three, for heaven's sake!! But they seem to think it's more important to tell the world which top 20 players will be playing, as long as they are called Williams or Henin, or are blond and heterosexual. It really pisses me off! Our Mo has played about the best of them all when you look at the overall results this year, but nobody seems to give a shit! GO MO, finally win your GS and make sure they cannot ignore you any longer!

Sharik

Well I guess we all share the same feeling....I think Mo should win more often...she should find the inner strength to control her on court emotions....she had so many chances this year...The French Open.....to loose the quarters to some one like Dementieva...I mean Dem is a good player but personally I serve better than she does...and to lose the wimbeldon semis after being a set and a break up is just more than I could personally handle.....I'm kinda looking forward to next week's acura classic and hoping Mo with get bothe this tournament and the Rogers's cup....she can get the world No.2 spot then and Hell if they dare ignore her achievments.....if she wins Wimbeldon and the Olympics she can get the women's highest honors....waw that would be a dream come true....

flyingmachine
Jul 23rd, 2004, 02:12 PM

Sharik
I bet no one will ignored Momo as soon as she won a GS. :fiery:

foreva lindsay
Jul 23rd, 2004, 07:07 PM
good luck momo, i hope you get to the final...my dream final momo v lindsay :D

hana
Jul 24th, 2004, 11:13 AM
MOMO is great player and i hope she will win her first Grand Slam very soon.I don't understand why the press and other are ignoring her,but i'm sure she don't mind,because she knows she's The Best Player Out There.I've got to ask all of you here - Do you think that Amelie is actually reading these articles?Thanks Good Luck Amelie and keep winning.Your forever fan Hana :worship: :wavey:

LostGlory
Jul 24th, 2004, 07:29 PM
MOMO is great player and i hope she will win her first Grand Slam very soon.I don't understand why the press and other are ignoring her,but i'm sure she don't mind,because she knows she's The Best Player Out There.I've got to ask all of you here - Do you think that Amelie is actually reading these articles?Thanks Good Luck Amelie and keep winning.Your forever fan Hana :worship: :wavey:

Well i dont know if she reads this message board but I read once that she reads the one on her official web site....she has quiet a good Forum there....

hana
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Well i dont know if she reads this message board but I read once that she reads the one on her official web site....she has quiet a good Forum there....
Yes she has nice official web site,but in French.Trouble is that i don't know any french,but i'm learning.Does anyone know if there will be English translation of Momo's web site?Thanks Hana :wavey:

annie b
Jul 25th, 2004, 11:54 AM
The official web site forum is good, and you can communicate in English - but, I've been having problems getting into the forum this past week... I click 'Forum' and the homepage comes up. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas how to get around it? I'm getting withdrawals.... xxxx

Mariangelina
Jul 25th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Ooh, I'm sorry. :sad: According to people on another Amélie board I post on, the official one was shut down. I know there was some mess with the moderator quitting due to being badly treated, and someone apparently posted some nastiness, and it was felt that the board couldn't be maintained with no moderator. I hope they put it up again- people always used to post interesting articles from L'Equipe that didn't seem to get posted anywhere else. Sorry to those who enjoyed it. :sad:

Silvia74
Jul 25th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Hi to everybody from Italy!!! (...and sorry for my english...)

I just want to say that was GREAT see Amélie win in Rome last May... I will never forget those day :)

I hope Ame will win a slam. Maybe US Open this year...?

ALLEZ AMELIE!!!!!!!!!

annie b
Jul 25th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the reply, Mariangelina. What a shame - I enjoyed the chat on the 'official' forum. There's an excellent forum on the 'amelie fanpage' website, which I've recently stumbled across - well worth checking out, for those who haven't... some nice pics too! :dance:

LostGlory
Jul 25th, 2004, 05:48 PM
The official web site forum is good, and you can communicate in English - but, I've been having problems getting into the forum this past week... I click 'Forum' and the homepage comes up. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas how to get around it? I'm getting withdrawals.... xxxx

Yes I have been having the same problem....she has a good website better than many othersbut I dont think it is being taken care of well, that is why the forum was put on hold for a while....the best web site for a WTA player i think is Kim Clijster's....the williamses have a good one as well.....

LostGlory
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:55 PM
After Seeing Lindsay The Past Couple Of Weeks, I Think She Is A Great Challenge To Momo When Talking The Us Open....because Hard Court Is Her Favourite Surface....

LostGlory
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:59 PM
good luck momo, i hope you get to the final...my dream final momo v lindsay :D

ACCORDING TO THE DRAW THEY WILL MEET IN THE SEMIS IF THEY BOTH SURVIVE EARLIER ROUNDS....WHO EVER WINS THAT GAME BECOMES THE WTA WORLD NUMBER 2 ON MONDAY......MOMO AT HER BEST HAS A BETTER CHANCE IN MY OPINION....ACTUALLY SHE CAN WIN ANYONE WHEN SHE IS HEALTHY....