PDA

View Full Version : Maria Sharapova's grandmother Galina talks about Maria.

the cat
Jul 19th, 2004, 02:34 PM
It's an interesting article from Maria's grandmothers perspective and it's located at www.russianlondon.com/uknews/sport/21404 (http://www.russianlondon.com/uknews/sport/21404)

Maria's grandmother Galina played a role in Maria's parents move from Belarus to Siberia after Maria was conceived. She didn't want Masha to be born and live in Belarus where that fallout from the Chernobyl disaster was being felt.

I just hope now that Masha is going to be very wealthy that she take care of her grandmother and find her better living conditions than she currently has.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 19th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Thanks a lot.

the cat
Jul 19th, 2004, 03:23 PM
You're welcome.

no1mariafan
Jul 19th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Thanks cat, thats one of the most interesting articles ive read about her. Great information on Masha's history

the cat
Jul 19th, 2004, 06:12 PM
You're welcome no1. This is a different kind of article on Maria. It's through her grandmothers eyes and that's why I posted the link to it. I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 20th, 2004, 07:41 AM
...It's through her grandmothers eyes...
"grandmothers" - from your posts I thought the article writes about 2 grandmothers of Masha.

By the way, babushka Galina is still so young.

the cat
Jul 20th, 2004, 02:23 PM
No MSF. I meant one grandmother. And Galina Sharapova sounds like a wonderful grandmother. :)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 21st, 2004, 01:26 AM
...Galina Sharapova sounds like a wonderful grandmother.
Maybe she is also Dasha's grandmother?

the cat
Jul 22nd, 2004, 02:17 PM
Yes she is. Good point MSF. I didn't even realize that until you mentioned it.

Ballbasher
Jul 21st, 2005, 12:59 PM
Who thought at this time that Maria will be the best russian player in future???

Club_Fed
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:36 PM
that article goes back to post Wimbledon 2004, EVERYTHING has changed since then. The grandmother has been moved into a nice apartment but Yuri told her that if she ever speaks to the media again she will be cut off from the family.

Also, Maria is seeing, not necessarily dating Andy Roddick right now, but they definetly have a casual bf/gf thing going on.