PDA

View Full Version : brief summary of Lindsay's match and some pics

LindsayRulez
Jul 16th, 2004, 08:44 AM
To put it simply, Lindsay played really well. She had only one double, 2-3 aces, and at least 6 return of serve winners, the first of which was on the first point of the match. She was serving pretty well and hitting her groundstrokes really well; Skavronskaia seemed a little nervous, she had some good points but nothing to hurt Lindsay with. Uncharacteristic of most Russians, she has a one-handed backhand and a decent serve!! Lindsay was a little mad that she was missing her first serve, but she seemed to be in a good mood, laughing at the crowd. She gave an interview on court after signing tons of autographs. And guess what!! During one of the change-overs the guy announced "Bulova is a proud sponsor, blah blah blah, please check your program, if you have Lindsay Davenport's signature on the Bulova page, then you've won a Bulova watch." Well I'll be damned, I won it! I wasn't even going to look but I decided to, and needless to say, I was very surprised I won!

Anyway, here are just a few pics from today, theyre not great bc I dont have any editing capabilities right now. I also recorded the interview she gave but obviously i cant post that here. I will take many more pics tomorrow of Lindsay, Venus, Patty, etc.

Nikki
Jul 16th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the pics, glad you had a good time & congrats on winning:bounce:

foreva lindsay
Jul 16th, 2004, 03:22 PM
well done lindsay.... GREAT PICS :D take more.. lots more :p hehe

LindsayRulez
Jul 16th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I already have lots more but I could only post a few here bc my computer is so old and slow lol! But I will of course take many more; I'm headed over to the day session now! Lindsay plays in 4 hours :)

!<blocparty>!
Jul 18th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Wow, them pics were amazing, thanks for the summary aswell ;)