PDA

View Full Version : Hotel help & Should I buy USO tickets in advance?

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Hello everyone :wavey:

I will go to USO first week so I want to know if I should buy tickets in advance.
I don't know yet which days LenaD will play. :(
But if it's necessary then I have to buy it.
Can I buy it online? Could anyone tell me the website?
Thank you very much. :worship:

tenn_ace
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:34 AM
if you haven't bought them yet, they are probably already sold out for the first w/e, since it usually attracts the largest crowd (starting with Fri). If you plan to go Mon-Thur, they are still should be avail.

check here http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?keyword=us+open&x=34&y=5

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Go to www.ticketmaster.com

Unless Lena is scheduled on Arthur Ashe, you will be able to buy tix to see her on the day. I woulld take my chances if I were you. There are plenty of williamses and roddicks for Ashe stadium on the first week. Most likely Lena won't see Arthur Ashe before second week.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:39 AM
What kinds of ticket should I buy?
I'm very confused.
There are many kinds of tickets.
Could you suggest me?
Which one is probably the best choice.
I've never been there before.

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:41 AM
if you haven't bought them yet, they are probably already sold out for the first w/e, since it usually attracts the largest crowd (starting with Fri). If you plan to go Mon-Thur, they are still should be avail.

check here http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?keyword=us+open&x=34&y=5
It will most likely still possible to buy tickets for the first weekend at some point before the Open. Very big share of first weekend tickets is reserved by Tour Operators, and they are never capable of selling all of them, so they will be dumping their leftovers on ticketmaster closer to the tournament time.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Go to www.ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/)

Unless Lena is scheduled on Arthur Ashe, you will be able to buy tix to see her on the day. I woulld take my chances if I were you. There are plenty of williamses and roddicks for Ashe stadium on the first week. Most likely Lena won't see Arthur Ashe before second week.You meant I don't have to buy it in advance right?
Oh. Good news. I don't want to go there everyday from Monday to Sunday.
I want to travel in NYC too.
Thank you very much ys. :worship:

tenn_ace
I prefer day session ground passes. they are cheaper than the ones with Ash stadium seating, beside I usually don't sepnd any time at the Ash stadium, but rather go to smaller courts or Armstrong stadium. There are plenty interesting matches going on all over the grounds in the first week.

night seesion starts at 6:30pm and is usually good only for 2 Ash stadium matches (unless there are day session matches being finished on outside courts)

ys
What kinds of ticket should I buy?
I'm very confused.
There are many kinds of tickets.
Could you suggest me?
Which one is probably the best choice.
I've never been there before.
Buy nothing at this point.
Wait for schedule to be released and if Elena is not scheduled for Central Court, be at the gates by 9am and buy Ground Admission ticket.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Thank you - Tenn and ys. :worship: :kiss: :worship:
I will wait then. :)

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:46 AM
I prefer day session ground passes. they are cheaper than the ones with Ash stadium seating, beside I usually don't sepnd any time at the Ash stadium, but rather go to smaller courts or Armstrong stadium. There are plenty interesting matches going on all over the grounds in the first week.

night seesion starts at 6:30pm and is usually good only for 2 Ash stadium matches (unless there are day session matches being finished on outside courts)
That's not always good. For instance, many of our girls will be ranked 9-16 by Open time. That is likely to mean a fourth round encounter against Williams/Davenport/Capriati/Sharapova/Henin and that means Arthur Ashe stadium on Sunday. Or, like last year, Kafelnikov-Agassi match was on Arthur Ashe on Saturday. But I agree, for the first five days of the tournament, GA is all I would need. After that I would strongly prefer to pay extra 8 dollars and have a guaranteed access to all matches.

houseoflords
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:46 AM
A Daily Grounds Pass is definitely your best bet, especially during the first week. A daily grounds pass gets you in everywhere except Arthur Ashe Stadium. It even gets ou into Louis Armstrng Stadium, which is the second biggest court (this changes later in th tourney but not early on) and the Grandstand court. Thre are always great matches on the outer courts early in the tournament. The matches in Ashe are usually routs

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Oh...and if Lena is sheduled for Central Court, what's the possibility?
Will I miss a chance to see Lena if I don't buy tickets in advance?

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:49 AM
There are always great matches on the outer courts early in the tournament. The matches in Ashe are usually routs
In fact, there are hardly any good matches on any courts on Monday/Tuesday. Last year both Monday and Tuesday day program was over by 6:30pm, which speaks volumes.

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Oh...and if Lena is sheduled for Central Court, what's the possibility?
Will I miss a chance to see Lena if I don't buy tickets in advance?
Yes, but it won't happen. But, there is a much easier chance to get closer to her.. Go to her doubles match. :lol:

houseoflords
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Very true. Ashe really doesn't get good matches to the first weekend and sometimes not even then. I worked Ashe during the day sessions the 3 years I worked for the USTA and I saw one upset and one great match in the first week (they ween't the same match). Last year I worked for the AP during the nights and got to watch matches on the outer courts during the day and saw plenty of good action. Ashe early on is really a waste of money

houseoflords
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:54 AM
If you want to see her closely defintely go to her doubles match. That will be on an outer court and you can get a real good view there.

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Go to the qualies on Thursday. You can stand right behind the linespeople. And see how impossible it is to tell if the ball hit the line or not.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Yes, but it won't happen. But, there is a much easier chance to get closer to her.. Go to her doubles match. :lol::lol: & :crying2: at the same time.

I just want to see LenaD playing live (especially singles matches). :hearts:
I'm quite sure Lena won't be scheduled for the central court too. :p
But when I know which day Lena plays (Monday or Tuesday)...then I will know the possible schedule.
I will buy the rest tickets of the week on the first day (Monday).

Lena...don't upset me...:shout:
I want to see you play more than one singles match.

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:57 AM
Go to the qualies on Thursday. You can stand right behind the linespeople. And see how impossible it is to tell if the ball hit the line or not.
I thought that was pretty easy if you are standing on the line of your responsiblity.

Chunchun
Steph remember to take a llooooooooooootttttttttttttt of photos of LenaD!!!

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Stephieva
Thank you everyone. :worship:
I really appreciate. :kiss:

So...I will wait and buy tickets on the first day.
I hope I won't be too damn unlucky. :)

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:00 AM
Steph remember to take a llooooooooooootttttttttttttt of photos of LenaD!!!

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :hearts:
I will share them with you too. :kiss:

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:04 AM
:lol: & :crying2: at the same time.

I just want to see LenaD playing live (especially singles matches). :hearts:

You won't regret attending Lena's doubles match. Trust me. First , she is very underrated doubles player, and her crosscourt angles groundies work absolute wonders on wide doubles court. Second, she will be playing very relaxed and therefore she is a lot of joy to watch. And the third, she is very likely to play on some of the shittiest sidecourts, so you wlil sit 3 feet behind her changeover chair, you can do just about anything - autographs, talking to her, even touching her :lol:, taking pic with her, just about anything, provided she wins and provided Mommy Vera won't be guarding her too much.

I will buy the rest tickets of the week on the first day (Monday).

You can't. During the tournamen they don't sell any tickets for ground admission of any day other than the current day. Never. The other good idea is to check whether Lena plays later during the day, then you can buy an evening session ticket ( which is much cheaper ) and show up earlier. That's a very good idea to catch some action for very little money, especially starting from Wednesday when the doubles matches start.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:11 AM
You won't regret attending Lena's doubles match. Trust me. First , she is very underrated doubles player, and her crosscourt angles groundies work absolute wonders on wide doubles court. Second, she will be playing very relaxed and therefore she is a lot of joy to watch. And the third, she is very likely to play on some of the shittiest sidecourts, so you wlil sit 3 feet behind her changeover chair, you can do just about anything - autographs, talking to her, even touching her :lol:, taking pic with her, just about anything, provided she wins and provided Mommy Vera won't be guarding her too much.Touch LenaD...:hearts:
Good idea. Hope Lena won't call security guards. :lol:
So, is it quite 100% that I can buy tickets to see Lena in doubles?
Is it groundpass?
So I can buy groundpass from Mon-Thurs for sure right?
I'm sorry that my questions might be stupid.
I've never been there or any tournaments.
I don't know about this detail at all.

You can't. During the tournamen they don't sell any tickets for ground admission of any day other than the current day. Never. The other good idea is to check whether Lena plays later during the day, then you can buy an evening session ticket ( which is much cheaper ) and show up earlier. That's a very good idea to catch some action for very little money, especially starting from Wednesday when the doubles matches start.Oh my...I just know this.
Thank you very much. I will print your advice out. :worship:

Verba
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:13 AM
I also have a question. The earliest day I can be at USO is September,4. Will I still be able to buy any kind of tickets,e.g, Daily Grounds Pass?
Thanks...

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:20 AM
I also have a question. The earliest day I can be at USO is September,4. Will I still be able to buy any kind of tickets,e.g, Daily Grounds Pass?
Thanks...
September 4th is the first Saturday. The toughest day to get GA tickets. Toughest meaning that getting into the Groundpass line by 9am or later would almost certainly not get you a ticket. Lining up by 8am would almost certainly work. 7am is a guarantee.

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Touch LenaD...:hearts:
Good idea. Hope Lena won't call security guards. :lol:
So, is it quite 100% that I can buy tickets to see Lena in doubles?
Is it groundpass?
yes.

So I can buy groundpass from Mon-Thurs for sure right?

Mon-Tue you may not even worry about getting there too early. Those two days almost never sell out. On Wednseday you probably might want to be there a bit earlier - like 10am. On Thursday, I would go at 9:30, I think.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Thank you very much - ys. :worship:
This helps me a lot. :)

Verba
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Ys, thank you so much... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
What is the cost of GA ticket? Are the tickets for Artur Ashe Stadium really expensive? I need to know how much money I'm gonna spend... :confused:

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Ys, thank you so much... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
What is the cost of GA ticket? Are the tickets for Artur Ashe Stadium really expensive? I need to know how much money I'm gonna spend... :confused:
Check prices on www.ticketmaster.com. They no longer have tickets. They still have prices. GA normally costs 40-45 . AA costs about 8-10 dollars more.

Verba
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Check prices on www.ticketmaster.com. They no longer have tickets. They still have prices. GA normally costs 40-45 . AA costs about 8-10 dollars more.
Thank you ... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

houseoflords
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Just a word of caution, the cheap seats in AShe are like on the roof, literally. The view is awful. The view of the New York skyline is good from the seats but not of the court

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:57 AM
It sounds boring to me. Everyone who goes should say which parts of the experience they enjoy.

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Just a word of caution, the cheap seats in AShe are like on the roof, literally. The view is awful. The view of the New York skyline is good from the seats but not of the court
True. From those seats not only you can't even hear the umpire's calls, you would have a better view of pilots of the jets taking off from La Guardia than player's faces. Fortunately, it is extremely rare that AA is a fully packed and you can't get 10-12 rows below, And that makes all the difference in the world.

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:02 AM
It sounds boring to me.
What exactly sounds boring?

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Getting there at 7 to get tickets.

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Getting there at 7 to get tickets.
That is only for weekend. other days are easier.

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Everyone who goes should give a report. Not just on what they saw. But how much fun each part of it was.
I need to know the good parts.

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Everyone who goes should give a report. Not just on what they saw. But how much fun each part of it was.
I need to know the good parts. I don't mean touching the players. That's sick.
I think it is very healthy. You ask her permission to take a picture with a player, like someone very nice and kind - like Lena D. just after she has won a match. then you bearhug her and at that moment someone else takes a pic. It must feel wonderful. Never done that though. Saw others to do that.

Good parts.

Go to Lena L. or Nastya singles match. Not only they are very good tennis players. They are also exquisite users of Russian foul language. Some sailors could envy those skills.

Go to Lena D. match. Most likely you won't be able to sit between Mommy Vera and Olga. But sitting next to one of them is achievable. Don't try to talk to them though until the match is over.

Go to Vera's or Sveta's match. You won't get any better of beautiful clean power hitting on hardcourts.

Go to Nadya's match. It will drive you nuts.

Go to Masha's match. Oh.. Scrap that. It's on AA from now on..

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Okay, touching the players isn't sick. And don't forget Kirilenko. Or Dinara(and bro).

Verba
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Go to Lena L. or Nastya singles match. Not only they are very good tennis players. They are also exquisite users of Russian foul language. Some sailors could envy those skills.

Lena D? :confused: :confused: :confused:
I heard a lot from Nastya but never from Lena...

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Lena L., Lena D.'s a sweetheart.

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:34 AM
Lena D? :confused: :confused: :confused:
I heard a lot from Nastya but never from Lena...
Never heard Lena D. to use any kind of not lady-like language. She either has good manners or is afraid of Mommy Vera's belt.

Verba
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Oh sorry, in my mind Nastya and Lena D are associated more than Nastya and Lena L...

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Anastasia and Elena L. are very good friends.

Verba
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Never heard Lena D. to use any kind of not lady-like language. She either has good manners or is afraid of Mommy Vera's belt.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Verba
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Anastasia and Elena L. are very good friends.
I recall Nastya once said she has special friendship with Vera and lena L. I just forgot about that...It's not surprising after RG final when all the talks weree about Lena D and Nastya...

Verba
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Never heard Lena D. to use any kind of not lady-like language.
It'd be an easy way for Lena to express her emotions on the court... ;) :p :lol:

houseoflords
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:55 AM
If you come to the US Open, please come support Maria Kirilenko. I need help. Another match like the Barna one in the 2nd round at the Open last year and I may totally lose my voice. After that match, I was physically andmentally exhausted from all the ups and downs and I was just watching it

Verba
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:03 PM
If you come to the US Open, please come support Maria Kirilenko. I need help. Another match like the Barna one in the 2nd round at the Open last year and I may totally lose my voice. After that match, I was physically andmentally exhausted from all the ups and downs and I was just watching it
If Mahsa survives till September,4 then I'll come to her match...

tenn_ace
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:14 PM
That's not always good. For instance, many of our girls will be ranked 9-16 by Open time. That is likely to mean a fourth round encounter against Williams/Davenport/Capriati/Sharapova/Henin and that means Arthur Ashe stadium on Sunday. Or, like last year, Kafelnikov-Agassi match was on Arthur Ashe on Saturday. But I agree, for the first five days of the tournament, GA is all I would need. After that I would strongly prefer to pay extra 8 dollars and have a guaranteed access to all matches.

just like not always good to wait until the last minute. My first time going to the US Open there WERE NO tickets on sale at 9am. People who were lucky to buy them had be there at 6am. so the bottomline, what worked for you once may not necessarily work for her. Me@LenaD., don't wait too long or you won't be going to the USOpen.

tenn_ace
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:17 PM
asdlo, although the diference between ground passes and Ashe staium is small, Ashe stadium seating will be really high and you will hardly see a ball. if you want to see it you have to pay a lot more which would make the difference a lot larger than $8-10

tenn_ace
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:20 PM
I thought that was pretty easy if you are standing on the line of your responsiblity.
easy? :rolleyes: try that with Williamses or Davenport serving before saying something you have no clue about.

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:30 PM
No need to start an argument. I stood behind a linesperson. I concentrated as much as I could.
And I couldn't tell if the ball hit the line or missed it. It's a guessing game. It's a blur.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Very confused now. :crying2:
I've checked on Ticketmaster.com.
Seems no good tickets left.
Where else can I buy online?
What should I do? :bigcry:

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:01 PM
just like not always good to wait until the last minute. My first time going to the US Open there WERE NO tickets on sale at 9am.

Perhaps you did put it wrong. The box office opens only at 9:30AM, I believe. So what would "no tickets on sale at 9am" mean I could be only guessing. You perhaps meant that those who arrived at 9am would not get the tickets, right? That's what I said too - to get tickets for two weekend days 9am is not good enough. 8am is a very good chance, but it is a nervous business, and 7am is a guarantee.

People who were lucky to buy them had be there at 6am. so the bottomline, what worked for you once may not necessarily work for her.

I do it every year. On my memory there has never been the case that someone who would be in line by 7am would not get it. At 7am the line is normally only starting to climb up the bridge.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Maybe I should buy weekend tickets online.
And how is Friday? The same as Mon-Fri?

If I buy online ticket...is there any fixed seats for groundpass?

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Maybe I should buy weekend tickets online.
Once the tournament starts, the only thing that will be on sale online will be evening sessions. You might still be able to buy them now

And how is Friday? The same as Mon-Fri?
Friday is a very good day. And also a day when you have to get up early to get tickets. Not as early as on Saturday, but at being there at 9-930 is a good idea.

If I buy online ticket...is there any fixed seats for groundpass?
No.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Ok. Thank you very much ys and tenn. :worship:

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:38 PM
OMG...:eek:
Saturday...all tickets are sold out.
I can buy only groundpass on Sunday. (Stadium tickets are sold out too :( )
So...I decided to buy. :)

I will pray hard that LenaD will play any matches on Sunday of course not on AA...otherwise...:bigcry:

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:41 PM
When you buy tickets early, you have to hope the player you want to see stays healthy.
If Lena plays the whole tournament, you should be able to see her when she plays doubles.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:47 PM
OMG OMG...I forgot. I also hope LenaD will survive until Sunday too.
Last year Lena stayed alive til Monday week2. :)
And I will pray hard that Lena won't be unjured and can play USO otherwise I want to die.

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Look at Wimbledon. If you travelled to England, and missed that one singles match, no Lena.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Unless Lena gets injured and withdraw...I should see Lena at least 2 matches (singles and doubles).
And maybe mixed doubles too. :banana:

But of course I hope Lena plays well in singles. :hearts:
It's most important for Lena.

Gee-al ...Plz don't say that. The hotel fees and airplane tickets. :crying2:

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 02:09 PM
I will pray hard that LenaD will play any matches on Sunday of course not on AA...otherwise...:bigcry:
In most cases you might try to get into AA with GA ticket. It is very rare that they really check it.

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 02:25 PM
In most cases you might try to get into AA with GA ticket. It is very rare that they really check it.Can I? :lick:
I hope I won't win that jackpot.
If LenaD plays in AA that day plz wish me luck. :kiss:

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 02:41 PM
I hope I won't win that jackpot.

No, the jackpot would be her being scheduled for an AA Evening Session. That is something I really hate..

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 02:51 PM
No, the jackpot would be her being scheduled for an AA Evening Session. That is something I really hate..Why do you hate that?

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Why do you hate that?
You would pay money for just one match, basically, and you would even not see much of it because the AA stadium is too huge. It is not much different to watching it on TV. I am OK with AA matches when I have a day session ticket, so I would mostly spend my time on sidecourts and would only come in for some short period of time. In other words, I don't like to see a match that I am interested in to be scheduled for Evening session.

ys
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:04 PM
No need to start an argument. I stood behind a linesperson. I concentrated as much as I could.
And I couldn't tell if the ball hit the line or missed it. It's a guessing game. It's a blur.
I don't know. Honestly, it always looked quite an easy thing for me, unless, of course, there is some interference involeved, like a running player .

Stephieva
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Oh...I see. :)
I don't like that too because I'm quite sure I won't get a good seat.
But I think LenaD won't play then in the first week.
There are too many stars to play in AA evening.

jklense
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Good luck, Steph and Verba with your USO experience :wavey:
sure it'll be great time there regardless see you LenaD in person :hearts: - and how near - or not.
Thanks to all mates for good advices and info :worship:

Stephieva
Jul 14th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Thank you - Jack :kiss:

Anyway I just checked prices on Ebay.com.
2 groundpass tickets on Sun Sep 5th [that I bought on ticketmaster.com for $110] are started at $150 with $220 buy it now. :ras:
Nobody bids them...:lol:

ys
Jul 14th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Thank you - Jack :kiss:

Anyway I just checked prices on Ebay.com.
2 groundpass tickets on Sun Sep 5th [that I bought on ticketmaster.com for $110] are started at $150 with $220 buy it now. :ras:
Nobody bids them...:lol:
Check them right now. My friend has bought herself one ( for 09/05) on Ticketmaster just hours ago.

Stephieva
Jul 14th, 2004, 06:55 PM
ys - I have bought 2 tickets yesterday. :D
Thank you very much. :kiss:
It's 46 plus fees + 2.50 = $55.25 each.
I chose to print the tickets out. The cheapest way. :)

Stephieva
Jul 21st, 2004, 01:33 AM
I need another help about finding a hotel.
I tried to search a 4 star hotel.
And for 8 nights...can you believe that I can't find any rooms available? :crying2:
Can anyone suggest me any 3 star hotel with a reasonable price?
Or any hotel that you experienced and think it's good. :)

Thank you in advance. :worship:

goldenlox
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:00 AM
I never stayed in a NYC hotel. I just don't know what hotel is good or inexpensive.
There are hotels and motels in Queens, and all around Manhatten. I don't know which one is safe or affordable, or anything about them.

tenn_ace
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:01 AM
check Club Quarters... it's 3.5 stars, basic but clean and caters to business travelers. Check the one in the financial district. It's cheaper, although it's father down from Queens.

tenn_ace
btw, it should be around $90-100, which is good for NYC.

Stephieva
I never stayed in a NYC hotel. I just don't know what hotel is good or inexpensive.Oh..that's ok.
I used to stay in Hilton and Grand Hyatt in Manhattan with about $200 a night.
But now it's more than $600 a night.
I can't believe it. :crying2:

Stephieva
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:05 AM
check Club Quarters... it's 3.5 stars, basic but clean and caters to business travelers. Check the one in the financial district. It's cheaper, although it's father down from Queens.Is it near China Town or Soho?
is "Club Quarters" its name?
Ok. I will try to check. :worship:
Thank you very much.
Anyway I will stay there 8 nights so I think it's the problem.
Mostly when I check it's availibility Sun, Mon, and Tue are unavailable. :sad:

Thank you very much Tenn. :kiss: :worship:

tenn_ace
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:22 AM
Is it near China Town or Soho?
is "Club Quarters" its name?
Ok. I will try to check. :worship:
Thank you very much.
Anyway I will stay there 8 nights so I think it's the problem.
Mostly when I check it's availibility Sun, Mon, and Tue are unavailable. :sad:

Thank you very much Tenn. :kiss: :worship:

here is a website

http://www.clubquarters.com/home_pub.asp

but I checked the prices and they are ridicuously high... they have gone up so much...

another option is to stay somewhere outside NYC (like New Jersey) and drive. You should be able to find some good prices there (my friend used to do that all the time)...

e.g., Wyndham in Newark would cost only 109 per night. of course, you have to take into account renting a car. but i'm sure you can find something for $20 a day.

Stephieva
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:25 AM
I can't drive. I'm just 16. :sad:
Yes I have checked its price - $198 a night.
Last year I went to NYC in March and stay in Hilton near NBC.
It was $200 a night. This year it's $600 a night.
I don't know what happens. :o

Thank you very much Tenn. :worship:

goldenlox
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:25 AM
Or another borough, besides Manhattan. Queens has hotels. Let me google that.
I don't know about hotels, but here's a few in Queens -

http://res.cheaptickets.com/servlet/reservations.HotelSearchXML?garea=&state=NY&remote=cpt4&city=Queens&country=US&es=

tenn_ace
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:30 AM
http://www.hotels.com/images/p.gifhttp://www.hotels.com/images/ui/stars_3_0.gif (http://www.hotels.com/star_ratings.jsp)
7. The Melrose Hotel New York (javascript:getProperty('15707','ME378684808816',' 001');)
Upper East Side / Central Park / New York City
The Melrose Hotel New York is located in the upper eastside of Manhattan. more... (javascript:getProperty('15707','ME378684808816',' 001');)
map (javascript:openMapWithPropInfo('/map/map.jsp?action=init&windowTitle=hotels.com+-+Map&mapTitle=THE+MELROSE+HOTEL+NEW+YORK&propertyId=15707','&propertyInfoExpr=','%2Fproperty.jsp%3FmtnHotelID%3 D%7BmtnHotelID%7D%26numadults%3D1%26numchildren%3D 0%26numrooms%3D1%26CIDay%3D6%26CIMonth%3D9%26CIYea r%3D2004%26CODay%3D13%26COMonth%3D9%26COYear%3D200 4%26z_property%3DALL%26qKey%3DYO338338402426%26thi sPageNumber%3D1%26page%3Dinfo', 'HRNMap', 640, 480)) | hotel information (javascript:getProperty('15707','ME378684808816',' 001');)
http://www.hotels.com/images/p.gifhttp://www.hotels.com/images/p.gif Proximity Average
Nightly Rate Sep 6 Sep 7 Sep 8 Sep 9 Sep 10 Sep 11 Sep 12 4.99 mi $ 175.00 168.00 174.00 174.00 174.00 174.00 174.00 187.00 http://www.hotels.com/images/p.gif http://www.hotels.com/images/ui/select_button.gif (javascript:getProperty('15707','ME378684808816',' 001');)

ys
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:33 AM
Why don't you look for accomodation in Bronx? :lol:

tenn_ace
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:34 AM
too far to commute.

Stephieva
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:35 AM
OMG...thank you very much Tenn and Gee-al.
I truely appreaciate. :tears:
I will post here if it's available. :D

Tenn - could you give me the website?
I can't open the link.

tenn_ace
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:42 AM
www.hotels.com (http://www.hotels.com)

www.cheaprooms.com (http://www.cheaprooms.com)

and check out this site... there are some good deals for good brands hotels here...

http://hotel.onetravel.com/SearchDisplay.aspx?DK=1000002642&TOKEN=RARE&CFID=4637070&CFTOKEN=2b823e8-fd4cf03a-d008-4e34-8376-b152b69cc827&Lang=English&PID=ac100610&Style=10&Module=Ehotel

Stephieva
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:47 AM
Thank you - tenn. :kiss:

Stephieva
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:03 AM
Maybe I will go for "The Quality Hotel Times Square" - 212.99 per night in USD (3 star).
It's located in "157 W. 47th St."
Have you ever heard of it?
The website said it's near Time Square.

ys
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:05 AM
Maybe I will go for "The Quality Hotel Times Square" - 212.99 per night in USD (3 star).
It's located in "157 W. 47th St."
Have you ever heard of it?
The website said it's near Time Square.
Why don't you try to find out in which hotel Mommy Vera is going to stay? Then you could book the same hotel.. :devil:

Stephieva
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:11 AM
Opps...good idea. :kiss:
But I heard they stay like 40 minutes by driving from USO.
If there is no train or bus...I have to walk.
I have to start walking to USO from midnight. :lol:

ys
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:16 AM
If there is no train or bus...I have to walk.
I have to start walking to USO from midnight. :lol:
Dirty NYC subway is the answer.

ys
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:17 AM
You will not be able to find out where Lena is staying anyway because she will be hiding somewhere with superman from Mommy Vera, but Mommy Vera will track them down eventually and so will you by following Mommy Vera:lol:..

Stephieva
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:19 AM
ys - I saw the superman on video already.
He is :rolleyes:

ys
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:21 AM
ys - I saw the superman on video already.
He is :rolleyes:
You didn't like him? Does he look dumb?

Stephieva
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:23 AM
He looks quite dumb. :lol:
I can't describe but Lena deserves much better than this.
And he is damn bulk like the Hulk. :crying2:

ys
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:25 AM
He looks quite dumb. :lol:
I can't describe but Lena deserves much better than this.
And he is damn bulk like the Hulk. :crying2:
Maybe we can ask the cat to scare him away? Or, better, BallBuster? They could be buddies..

Stephieva
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:29 AM
:haha: :haha:

the cat - plz don't read ys' post above. :lol:
Anyway I know how to describe him now.
His face is like a monkey. And his body is like a cow.
I hope it helps. :lol:

ys
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:31 AM
OK. I know who he is. Nothing to do with Lena. He is Mommy Vera's bodyguard.

Stephieva
Jul 21st, 2004, 04:34 AM
Lena - if you come read these posts I don't mean any harm.
Many friends agree he looks like what I told ys. :kiss:

He might not be Lena's boyfriend.
But he seems close to Mommy Vera.
And she talked to him after Lena's good points.