PDA

View Full Version : Irvin vs Eulinastkaya Report

bis2806
Jul 12th, 2004, 02:14 AM
This match was the first that i saw today at Taube. Both of the players started of pretty quickly and immediately had rallies in the first game. However, this first set was really tight. Irvin was really pissed at some bad calls that were made by the linesmen. It was really funny because at one point she got so frustrated that she told the linesman standing behind the baseline that ''he was not in Russia''... surprsingly eulinstkaya laughed too, i thought she would be insulted by that comment in some way but it was so clear irvin was pissed off... anyways, the game went on and irvin seemed to step up her game a little more while eulinastkya's 1st serve is going to the net all the time! but ironically she made either a couple or no double faults. The game was really tight, with most of the games going to deuces. Throughout the match, Eulinasktaya's grunts were really loud; i think it's pretty comparable to sharapova's i would say!!! she was literally grunting like a wild boar :lol: her shots are pretty hard and i think this russian has the potential to play a much better tennis in the future... she's still pretty young i think and she def. will get better... In the second set, it seemed like irvin kept hitting the balls back and there were rallies most of the time. Eulinastkaya still gave irvin a hard time but in the end irvin was probably good enough to seal the match in straight sets. Both players played well and i was especially impressed with Eulinsatkaya.

I got Irvin's autograph immediately after the match when she was apparently looking for someone by my name, yes 'Joe' lol!

tomorrow i will be watching vento vs danilidou, hopefully i'll get there in time!

Joe

rated_next
Jul 12th, 2004, 03:10 AM
it's eugenia linetskaya

Rita
Jul 12th, 2004, 03:12 AM
:haha:

bis2806
Jul 12th, 2004, 07:17 AM
okay whatever, russian last names are really hard to spell!!!