Good Luck Indonesian Team!!

Jorn
Jul 6th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Slovenia: Tina Pisnik, Katarina Srebotnik, Tina Krizan and Andreja Klepac

Indonesia: Angelique Widjaja, Wynne Prakusya, Sandy Gumulya and Liza Andriyani

Good Luck Slovenian team!! :)

Buitenzorg
Jul 7th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Well....This is a very tough one, may the best team will win ;)

jirobkk
Jul 7th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Go Angie, Wynne, Sandy and Liza

efss
Jul 7th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Best Luck Angie, Wynne, Sandy,Liza...

Give your best shot.. :)

Hayato
Jul 7th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Go Slovenia!!!!!

kfh_9118
Jul 7th, 2004, 07:19 AM
GO INDONESIA :bounce:

Jorn
Jul 7th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Is the matches shown on TV in Indonesia? or can someone get the scores?

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 8th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Day 1 - Saturday, July 10th, 2004 - starts at 1 PM local time

1st singles:

ANGELIQUE WIDJAJA vs KATARINA SREBOTNIK

2nd singles:

WYNNE PRAKUSYA vs TINA PISNIK

Day 2 - Sunday, July 11th, 2004 - starts at 10 AM local time

reversed singles:

ANGELIQUE WIDJAJA vs TINA PISNIK

WYNNE PRAKUSYA vs KATARINA SREBOTNIK

If necessary, doubles' rubber to be played - Pairs to be decided later

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 8th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Is the matches shown on TV in Indonesia? or can someone get the scores?
TVRI - the oldest TV station/state owned will broadcast live FC PO...Wukirasih Sawondari will be the commentator...;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 8th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Yesss, after I just returned from my 4 days siesta in Bali (yes, Bali is part of Indonesia...)...I went to Senayan tennis complex to be on time to meet the Widjajas - Angie's mum and dad...to get the free tickets for 30 crazy fans of Angie coming from all walks of life...One person will arrive tomrrow from Medan, North Sumatra (2 hours by plane from Jakarta)...AFC/Angie Fans Club will rock Senayan again...with our AFC T-shirts...and yells which I have created...Angie's fans came from several cities in Java...we are ready to support Indonesian team...The tickets included free food and drinks...YUMMY!!!

I saw a bit of INA team's practice...Wynne still had problem with serve which is a big concern...:( Angie worked hard on physical training with Dr. Paulus Pasurney, her trainer...INA team did strokes against male players such as Suwandi and Surya Wijaya...

Afterwards at 4 PM, SLO team got their turn...They began with playing soccer on the center court...Then, Kata was on court to practice her strokes...Kata was impressive with fast blistering FH and BH...While, Tina Pisnik was just sitting...Mima was busy picking the balls...Kata was drilled by male coaches...At that time, Krizan or Krican (?)...which one is the right spelling??? and Klepac hit strokes outside with a coach...I could not see...Then after Kata was done...Klepac and Krizan played dubs with 2 male coaches...Krizan was indeed impressive...Weather wise was friendly this afternoon...not too hot...That's all I saw coz I had to go the hospital nearby to visit father of AFC's member who had stroke...

The Indonesian team stays at Menara Peninsula Hotel (onwed by our rich president of INA lawn tennis association) while SLO team stays at JW MARRIOT HOTEL...

Can't wait till Saturday of my life!!!:wavey:

maya
Jul 8th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Yesss, after I just returned from my 4 days siesta in Bali (yes, Bali is part of Indonesia...)...I went to Senayan tennis complex to be on time to meet the Widjajas - Angie's mum and dad...to get the free tickets for 30 crazy fans of Angie coming from all walks of life...One person will arrive tomrrow from Medan, North Sumatra (2 hours by plane from Jakarta)...AFC/Angie Fans Club will rock Senayan again...with our AFC T-shirts...and yells which I have created...Angie's fans came from several cities in Java...we are ready to support Indonesian team...The tickets included free food and drinks...YUMMY!!!

I saw a bit of INA team's practice...Wynne still had problem with serve which is a big concern...:( Angie worked hard on physical training with Dr. Paulus Pasurney, her trainer...INA team did strokes against male players such as Suwandi and Surya Wijaya...

Afterwards at 4 PM, SLO team got their turn...They began with playing soccer on the center court...Then, Kata was on court to practice her strokes...Kata was impressive with fast blistering FH and BH...While, Tina Pisnik was just sitting...Mima was busy picking the balls...Kata was drilled by male coaches...At that time, Krizan or Krican (?)...which one is the right spelling??? and Klepac hit strokes outside with a coach...I could not see...Then after Kata was done...Klepac and Krizan played dubs with 2 male coaches...Krizan was indeed impressive...Weather wise was friendly this afternoon...not too hot...That's all I saw coz I had to go the hospital nearby to visit father of AFC's member who had stroke...

The Indonesian team stays at Menara Peninsula Hotel (onwed by our rich president of INA lawn tennis association) while SLO team stays at JW MARRIOT HOTEL...

Can't wait till Saturday of my life!!!:wavey:
Thank you very much for your report :D !

As for the Slovenian names; it's actually Krian ( sounds like J in Justine if you say it the proper French way) and Klepač (č = like ch in cherry or chair).

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 9th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Maya means cyber in our language...Indonesian...;)

Yup, the local reporter here wrote Krican...as far as I know Krizan...:wavey:

Nicky2002
Jul 9th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Go Indonesia! :bounce:

I really miss Yayuk :sad: What's she been doing now? :confused:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 9th, 2004, 08:29 AM
I still communicate with her regularly and I met her last week...She has been coaching junior players and her student, Mia Sacca 15 yo came out as champ in Thamrin Cup ITF Grade 4...:cool:

Nicky2002
Jul 9th, 2004, 08:44 AM
I still communicate with her regularly and I met her last week...She has been coaching junior players and her student, Mia Sacca 15 yo came out as champ in Thamrin Cup ITF Grade 4...:cool:

Thanks Shine! Will she play in Bali this year?

Jorn
Jul 9th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the report and info!! :) Hope for more after the matches... :)

I first saw Tina play Fed Cup in Holland 1999, its fun to be at a Fed Cup.

pcrtennis
Jul 9th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Will Yayuk try playing doubles again this year in Bali or is she done with that??????

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 9th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Go Indonesia!

Harju.
Jul 9th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Will Yayuk try playing doubles again this year in Bali or is she done with that??????
The last time she play doubles was with Diana at a challenger. Diana was her coach, but she's no longer coaching her. I doubt she will still play though cause the last time she play she lost to the young Indonesian pairs. But for the ACTUAL news, then we'll have to wait for Adjie.

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 9th, 2004, 04:47 PM
If I see her again, um gonna ask Yayuk...okay???:cool:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 9th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Under my leadership, AFC/Angie Fans Club will rock Senayan stadium again!!!;)

Thanks to the Widjajas...we got 30 free tickets along with lunch coupon for Angie's loyal fans...and today I got 33 more tickets and I have distributed to tennis friends who deserved to get free tickets...We will wear our AFC T-shirt and I have some yells to be cheered together with my gang...:bounce:

It is gonna be fun for sure!!!:D Go, Indonesia...it is now or never!!!:fiery:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 9th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Where have you been? MIA. eh? Come join us...hey, did you get Angie's post cards by mail from me? I just returned from the US to be on time to meet my beloved mother who passed away 26 hours after I arrived on June 22nd...then I brought her remains to Jakarta on June 29th and she was buired peacefully in Jakarta...She died of pancreatic cancer in Arlington, VA and she was 71 yo...I have been strong for sure...I managed to give the best for her...Where ru now, pal? I lost you for sometime...:eek:

Harju.
Jul 9th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Where have you been? MIA. eh? Come join us...hey, did you get Angie's post cards by mail from me? I just returned from the US to be on time to meet my beloved mother who passed away 26 hours after I arrived on June 22nd...then I brought her remains to Jakarta on June 29th and she was buired peacefully in Jakarta...She died of pancreatic cancer in Arlington, VA and she was 71 yo...I have been strong for sure...I managed to give the best for her...Where ru now, pal? I lost you for sometime...:eek:
Hey, I did sms you quite a lot, I guess you didn't receive then.. Well I went back to Medan, but I didn't go to Jakarta because of family problem. I heard bout your mum. My deepest condolonces [I did send you sms bout this too when I have the news from yahoo's indotenis]. Well I did receive the postcards :bounce: Thanks alot buddy :worship:. And I'll try to send the money.

kj-
Jul 9th, 2004, 05:04 PM
hopefully i can post photos tomorrow... :D

yay i'm so excited..

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 9th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Actually the local provider in Indonesia sucks...I ordered for international roaming but it was active by the time I returned to Jakarta...It was on in Changi...stupid provider!:( Apparently, after that my SIM card had problem and now I have different number 0815-949-9661...urs still da same, right?

Well, I just returned from my siesta in BALI...It was great fun!:cool:

Take care, pal and hope, I can visit you in the land of uncle Lee when I have free time...

Less than 13 hours to go to Senayan...Come on INDONE:bounce: SIA!!!

watrat
Jul 10th, 2004, 07:19 AM
I believe the first match is on its way.
DAJMO KATARINA!!!

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Angie beat Srebotnik 64 63 :woohoo: :banana:

rhz
Jul 10th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Are you serious????

If yes!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! go ANGIE:bounce: :bounce:

pcrtennis
Jul 10th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What An Awsome Win For Angie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Are you serious????

If yes!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! go ANGIE:bounce: :bounce:
yeah ;)

Adjie smsed me a while ago..

:woohoo: for Angie.

rhz
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:17 AM
2nd Match Prakusya leads Pisnik 3-0!!

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:19 AM
;) WAs about to post that too...

Go Wynne!!!

Nicky2002
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:22 AM
congrats gie! great work!

now c'mon wynne!

watrat
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:23 AM
:sad: :crying2: Kata

But wait a moment Tina is coming for revenge...

watrat
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:25 AM

She just needs some games to get warmed up :p

rhz
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:30 AM
She just needs some games to get warmed up :p
Hehehhe.. Wynne will win!

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Wynne leads Pisnik 6-1 :woohoo:

rhz
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Woohoo!!!!

watrat
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Is Tina doing any better now? Who's watching the match? Some info pls!

Nicky2002
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:39 AM
keep going wynne!

rhz
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Is Tina doing any better now? Who's watching the match? Some info pls!
I don't know, i am in the U.S. I got a text msg from a friend of mine who is watching live at the moment!

watrat
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:41 AM
star playing Tina

Is Tina playing badly or is Wynne on fire?

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Ok, this is what ADjie said. Wynne plays smart while Tina plays a lil powerful. Wynne is more consistent with her shots.

Nicky2002
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:53 AM
how's wynne going in the second set?

watrat
Jul 10th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Ok, this is what ADjie said. Wynne plays smart while Tina plays a lil powerful. Wynne is more consistent with her shots.

thanx

Hope tina starts using her brain soon.

rhz
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:02 AM
no update yet!

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Wynne leads 5-4 in the second set :banana:

Tina is serving now.

Nicky2002
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:23 AM
break her wynne!

watrat
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Come on tina, don't sell yourself and your country so cheap!

rhz
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Wynne wins 61 64

rhz
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Indonesia 2
Slovenija 0

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:26 AM
:banana: Oh yay Wynne :worship:

:woohoo: Huge chance for Indonesia to reach World Group again :woohoo:

Nicky2002
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:29 AM
yeh yeh great work Wynne!

watrat
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:31 AM
OMG !!! :eek: :eek: :sad:

I know this year is far from being the best for slovene tennis, but 2:0 lost to Indonesia. :rolleyes:

All credits to Wynne and Angie thought.

Jorn
Jul 10th, 2004, 10:32 AM
NO! :sad: Tina :sad: Katarina :sad:

Better luck tomorrow!!

thanks for posting the scores!!

Guritna
Jul 10th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Wooooowww !!!!!!

Congrats Angie and Wynne.......:worship: :worship: :worship: It's been so long.......

Go Wynne and angie for 2'nd day...:hearts:

Hantuchov
Jul 10th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Kata :o
Tina :help:

efss
Jul 10th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Wynne was playing so smart, eventhough her serve isn't strong enough but she hitted the ball right-left...

I watched the game, in my opinion wynne showed her best , i'm so proud of you wynne...

Angie started her play wasn't good enough, she still worried her bad experience while playing with German team, but she began to calm herself and played better, in he other hand Katarina did many unforced error. In the second set Angie has found her best playing and took the set easier...

Good luck INA team, may tomorrow you keep your best performance... and welcome to world group.. :)

kfh_9118
Jul 10th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Congrats for good perfomance on the first day, INDONESIA :cool:

Angie :bounce:
Wynne :worship:

Good luck tomorrow ;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 10th, 2004, 01:47 PM
I arrived at our meeting point, Tabloid Tennis office located at Tennis Indoor Stadium where I asked all tennis manias of AFC/Angie Fans Club to gather to get their free tickets compliment from the Widjajas...as well as getting AFC T-shirts and we did practice our yells!!!

Fans are hailed from Singapore, Medan (North Sumatra 2 hrs by air to Jakarta), Semarang (Central Java, 250 miles away from Jakarta), Surabaya, East Java (1 hour by air from Jakarta), Bandung, West Java (Angie's hometown - 3 hours away by train), Bogor, West Java (35 miles south of Jakarta), Banten (1.5 hrs by car), Bekasi (1 hr by car), Pontianak (West Borneo/Kalimantan), and absolutely mostly from greater Jakarta.

Age range of AFC is from 60 yo to 11 yo!!! Then we marched together into the stadium to be on time for the opening ceremony at 12.30 and before that there was a mediocre band IMO entertaining the spectators.

Weather wise was not hot and it was overcast and it was kind of cool especially on the 1st match. But then on the 2nd match, it was sunny a bit but slightly cool.

I saw Yayuk Basuki were sitting with all the sport reporters. AFC did our yells each time the players were at interval between games...Go,Indonesia go...clap clap clap...Fight,Indonesia fight...clap clap clap...Win, Indonesia win...Go,fight,win INDONESIA!!! TWICE...Also...from coast to coast Indonesia is the most...I said from coast to coast, Indonesia is the most...Nananana...
From earth to sun, Indonesia number one...I said from earth to sun...Indonesia number one...Very patriotic indeed...We brought plastic baloon clappers, too...Free tickets plus free lunch with choice of KFC, sodas, french fries or hamburger with sodas and fries...YUMMY!!! We waved our long Red and White flag...It was so jubilant!

I love AFC...lawyer,enterpreneur, college students, junior high student, retired Finance Director of conglomerate, IT consultant, senior high student, EXIM professional, HRD consultant, head hunter, translator, college teacher, market researcher, chef, hotelier...from all walks of life...different races and religions are united to support Angie and Indonesian team!!!

Angie, IMO - did not play at her optimum capacity...her BH was good...she hit 2 ACEs...her FH was okay...she could hit hard but Kata hit harder...It was full of long rallies...Kata served better actually but then she made UEs...Angie made a good number of winners...In the 1st 5 games in 1st set,there were some bad calls which were disadvantage for Angie...local linesmen were so bad...Angie was easily behind 1-4 but then she regained her composure and fought back courageously, then she closed it out 6-4! Angie came into the net only once...In 2nd set, Angie was playing better and won 6-3!

Wynne stole the show this afternoon! She used her brain despite of her less harder stroke than Pisnik...IMO, Pisnik did not have any weapon...she sliced a lot but her serve was superb...While Wynne's dangerous FH worked so well...She did variative strokes to wear down Pisnik's physical fitness...Lot of long rallies and Wynne made a lot of winners than Angie for sure...Her passing shots were so good...Eventually, Pisnik was pissed off since she could not hit the ball and she threw her racquette on the court very hard...Big PO,Tina!!!

IMO, Wynne was amazing today!!! She was such a smart player and she was very consistent indeed...Great fight by Wynne!!!

Post match interview:

Tina Pisnik and Kata were very kind in their comments...They admitted that Angie and Wynne played better...Tina said that the two Indonesian players' current WTA ranking did not affect the actual capacity...Tina stated that she believed that Angie and Wynne would return to top 100s again...Very nice words from Tina...SLO's coach, Mima said also that the weather was friendly for her team...The crowd was great!!! Yay, AFC...,right??? Hahahahaha...No bad calls for Slovenia...

But Mima said that Slovenia will win the both singles tomorrow...She was very confident!

Wynne said that she was very confident today...she just kept on fighting with her smart tactics...Yay!!!

After the match was over - some of AFCers played tennis on outdoor clay court there...It was fun!!!

Go, AFC and go, INDONESIA! BE UNREASONABLE TOMORROW!:bounce:

kfh_9118
Jul 10th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the report Adji :)

Hope we can win at least one match tomorrow :)

kfh_9118
Jul 10th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Glad to hear Wynne got her confidence back ;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 10th, 2004, 02:24 PM
The Widjajas came to meet us when gathered at noon...then after da match, Angie greeted us closely to our seats and said big Thanks and asked us to watch her match tomorrow...:wavey:

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks Adjie for the report :angel:

Glad that Wynne's making progress.. hopefully we can win the match 3-0 so that Liza and Sandy have the chance to play.

kj-
Jul 10th, 2004, 03:43 PM
i'm so glad that INDONESIA is leading right now.. and as i promised, these are photos which i took earlier today..
enjoy.. :)

kj-
Jul 10th, 2004, 03:51 PM
photos #2

pcrtennis
Jul 10th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Can't believe how decisively Wynne and Angie won their matches!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

jirobkk
Jul 10th, 2004, 04:27 PM
The Widjajas came to meet us when gathered at noon...then after da match, Angie greeted us closely to our seats and said big Thanks and asked us to watch her match tomorrow...:wavey:Thanks Adji :worship:
Congrats INA. Hope THA and INA won tomorrow's 3rd match.
After an interview I told Tammy that INA also wins 2-0. She said " Really ". It's great.:kiss:

rhz
Jul 10th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Thanks Dji!!! Wynne with Adidas?????

rhz
Jul 11th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Widjaja-Pisnik 64 24

Jorn
Jul 11th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Thanks for posting scores!

Come on Tina!! :)

rhz
Jul 11th, 2004, 04:46 AM
64 44

rhz
Jul 11th, 2004, 04:48 AM
64 54

rhz
Jul 11th, 2004, 04:55 AM
5-5!

Brinyi
Jul 11th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the scores -- tense moments...

Harju.
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Fight G :fire:

rhz
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Deuce

Brinyi
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:02 AM
RHZ, do you know who is serving?

rhz
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:04 AM
no i don't ! 6-5 for Pisnik!!!

Brinyi
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Okay, thanks anyway!

rhz
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Pisnik was serving last she wins the 2nd 7-5

Jorn
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Atleast we have a more close match today...

Come on Tina, win the set or TB!! :)

Harju.
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:10 AM
:tape: Fight G!! :fiery:

Jorn
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Pisnik was serving last she wins the 2nd 7-5
:bounce: wd Tina!! ;)

pcrtennis
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Come On Angie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jorn
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:34 AM
It will be tough for Tina to beat Angie, the crowd, the heat...playing early... ;)

Come on Tina!!

rhz
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Angie 3-1

Brinyi
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Finish the job, Angie, gooooooooooooooo

rhz
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:40 AM
4-1 Angie

pcrtennis
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Yay Angie! 2 more and Indonesia's in the World Group!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicky2002
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:49 AM
C'mon Gie! win this!

skanky~skanketta
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Lets Go Angelique!

rhz
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Angie wins 6-1 !! Indonesia in the world group

Brinyi
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Congratulations to Angie and Wynne, well done Indonesia :)

Condolences to Slovenia, must be a big disappointment, especially to go 3 and out.

skanky~skanketta
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:54 AM
:woohoo: :yay:

pcrtennis
Woot! Go Angie!!!!!!!!!! You Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicky2002
Wonderfu Wonderful

Congrats Angie! :worship: :kiss:
Go Indonesia! :bounce:

watrat
Jul 11th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Why, why, why..... :hysteric: :crying2: :bigcry: :sobbing: :tears: :sad: :banghead:

Come on Kata! Bring home those 2 remaining points. This is at least you can do for me. Please, please, please....

rhz
Jul 11th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Kata is not playing...

Liza Andriyani vs Andreja Klepac

watrat
Jul 11th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Ow.. They've changed the pairs. Who is going to play in doubles?

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jul 11th, 2004, 07:36 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: WIDJAJA :hearts: :kiss: :bounce: :bounce:

Guritna
Jul 11th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Congrats Angie:worship:

Congrats Wynne :worship:

Congrats indonesian fed cup team:worship:

Really make my day:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Jorn
Jul 11th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Blamage!! :sad:

HOPE Tina find her form soon.....

musgrave
Jul 11th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Tina, Jorn do you have any idea as to why she has been playing so poorly this year

as for Angie finally back in some form

I hope Liza can beat Klepac

*JR*
Jul 11th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Congragulations, Angelic Angie. :angel:
Kata, Krizan (your "regular" coach) sux @ that. :mad:
Would be nice 2C Andreja (A junior I used to follow) get a win here.

kfh_9118
Jul 11th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Remaining results:

Klepac def Andriyani 7-6(2) 6-2
Prakusya/Widjaja def Klepac/Krizan 6-2 6-2

Indonesia def Slovenia 4-1 :bounce: :worship:

Thanks to Wynne & Angie :bigclap:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 11th, 2004, 02:42 PM
I got there 9.35 AM and some AFC's friends were waiting for me near the gate...Then we went inside to be on time for the match Angie v TP...Again, Angie got some bad calls from our local linesmen and lines women...The chair umpire also was unfair...IMO, since he is white man so he defended Slovenia in certain points...Yes, of course for some white people Indonesia is a poor and unknown nation in this world...but for sure, I can say to you all here that we are great and beatiful people...From his body language, this white chair umpire was just not just at all...Also with the Indian woman...also the chair umpire...sorry to say, she was a bitch!!!:(

This is the problem with the human resources of our national sport especially in tennis...we have no good umpire...not very interesting job for many Indonesians...I think, we have only one umpire with white badge...many Indonesians who applied fro this job...mostly they came from low economic background and they lack of English proficiency...That's the job of our Lawn Tennis Association...:sad: LTA of my country sucks big time...

Angie, IMO - still played not at her best capacity but she played better than yesterday in terms of having winners...Pisnik played much better than against Wynne yesterday...So, da match btw G v TP was such a grueling match indeed...they broke each other several times...Angie did well in managing her game to play into the net and got some awesome winners...She mixed with some moonballs as well...She played smarter today...though at time, she could be erratic...Lots of long game btw G and TP...long rallies and strokes competition...TP got pissed off again...she was booed by the spectators after she did her emotional outburst...The weather was not too hot actually and it got cooler most of the day along with rain delay...So, SLOVENIJA was simply outclassed by INDONESIA...Yay, G won 6-4, 5-7, 6-1!!!

Andreja Klepac showed her tenacity against 24 yo veteran already, Liza Andriyani...AK's groundies were solid...Liza was basically defensive...Poor, Liza...She has great body for tennis player but she has no sponsor...she is lack of intl tours...AK won 7-6(2), 6-2! Congrats, AK for having a win 4 da 1st time in Fed Cup...The funny thing...in TB, after AK got her 1st point then she was automatically about to serve again...and the Indian chair umpire was slightly late to realize that AK was not supposed to serve again...AK was blur or blank um sure...:o The spectators laughed at her...:lol: What an entertainment!

AFCers were rocking again with their yells from time to time...

BTW, after Angie won...then she hugged the coach, Suzanna and then Wynne, Liza and Sandy hugged G, too and they were jumping together in a circle...They all did victory lap with our Red and White flag...Great moment indeed with standing ovation from all the crazy fans...Then G approached AFCers at the tribune and from the court she threw red cap and hand grips to us...One fan got the red cap and I got Adidas hand grip...Thanks G!!!

The dubs' match was btw Angie/Wynne v Krizan/Klepac...AFCers were shouting Kata...we want Kata...we want Kata...Yes, we wanted to see Kata on the court...in the middle of the match, Kata came out and she sat on the bench...during break between games, I communicated with Kata...I shouted: "Kata, come to Bali and we will watch you!" and she replied: "I want to watch you!" with her great simle...Some other fans of FC were also cheering on Krizan...We did cheer on whoever showed their good shot..Um sure, Slovenian team enjoyed their visit to the world capital of traffic jam coz they met us very friendly fans...

In the 1st game of dubs' match, TK was about to serve and she said to AK to be in certain position near the net...apparently, AK did not get it and she squatted near the net...and TK came to her that AK was in wrong position...What a laugh!!! Yay, AK still needed to learn a lot for sure...I hope that TK spoke in her language with AK...Quite hillarious!!!

Angie and Wynne did great to defeat new combo, TK/AK...6-2, 6-2!

Then, after the tie was over the Indonesian gals were dancing together with accompany of a local band...The band was slightly better today...but they performed some Indonesian songs which I thought they were not appropriate for this world event...All about love but just shallow kind of love...IMO...THe and was just not my taste at all...Not bad, when they sang "Fallen" and "Still a friend of mine"...

After all done...I was intentionally to meet the Slovenian team and I had the opt to shake hand all the officials and the players except emotional Tina Pisnik...She was not there...I was so happy that I had a picture being taken with my fave, Katarina Srebotnik...I chatted with her and she said that she will play Palermo next...I wish her all the best in her tennis career...

Thank you Slovenia for letting us to provide you our warmest hospitality in our own way...and congrats to Angie, Wynne, Liza and Sandy!!! U go gals!!! Stay rocking!!!:bounce:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 11th, 2004, 03:19 PM
:D Indonesia

Harju.
Jul 11th, 2004, 03:22 PM
:woohoo: Congrats to Indonesia :worship:

Too bad Liza could not win.. :tape:

ex hopman
Jul 11th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Congrats!! Indonesia!!! :)

Buitenzorg
Jul 12th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Indonesia :bounce: well done good luck in the world group :bounce:

spyro
Jul 12th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Team Indonesia ... i really proud of you :)

esdee
Jul 13th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the great reports, Shine on Silver Moon,sounded like everyone had a great time!

watrat
Jul 13th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Good luck Indonesia in World group. Hope you stay there more time than we did, or even better wait there for us to join you.

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 13th, 2004, 07:45 PM
On Monday night, I went to Sukarno Hatta airport to see my stepdad off...And then I saw some familiar faces...Yup, I met Kata and Tina Krizan again...They were surprised to see me there...I said to Kata, "All the best in ur career"...They both smiled very nice...BON VOYAGE!;) :bounce: