PDA

View Full Version : Guests of Russian Roulette?

ys
Jun 30th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Any time I look at RR, guests of RR outnumber currently active members like 3 to 1. Why don't you join us, guys? We'll like to have you here..

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 06:15 PM
When Maria Kirilenko played Serena, there were over 100 guests in Russian Roulette.
The most I've seen.

And if you are one of the player's support team, we would definately appreciate your input.

ALPHA
Jun 30th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Any time I look at RR, guests of RR outnumber currently active members like 3 to 1. Why don't you join us, guys? We'll like to have you here..

What do you mean by "join us" ? I am a member of this board. Where's the difference between being "guest" in RR and being "member" in RR ?

In general, to answer your question as I understand its meaning, I am no fan of "Russian Tennis" nor a fan of Russian players. I am a tennis fan and Kournikova is one of my favorite players. Tennis is an individual sport, I choose my favorite players not by nationality, but by style of play.

As soon as I can watch some more tennis of Kirilenko, she might join my list. Certainly not because she's Russian or was born in Russia, but because I watched the French-Open match against Serena and I was glad to see a player using brain + shotmaker abilites + touch-in-hands + speed-in-feet.

Bottom line: What's the point of this "request" ?

no1mariafan
Jun 30th, 2004, 07:30 PM
"What do you mean by "join us" ? I am a member of this board. Where's the difference between being "guest" in RR and being "member" in RR ?"

A guest is someone who hasnt registered to the boards at all. Ys is asking the guests to register and post, as there are always guests in the forums.

mostefan
Jun 30th, 2004, 07:31 PM
What do you mean by "join us" ? I am a member of this board. Where's the difference between being "guest" in RR and being "member" in RR ?

Certainly some confusion in your perception, as it seems. :confused:
"Member" is one who logged in (after registering, sure),
and "guest" has not done it. Correct? :)

Epigone
Jun 30th, 2004, 09:34 PM
The viewers at forums is incorrect many times...

Numerous times, I've seen Bovina's Herd have over 10-20 guests, and certain games forums be the same. I highly doubt it's correct.Yes, Lina would would say that Lena B has no fans because she sucks at tennis and fakes injuries :D. But yeah, I saw 46 guests on last night, and I think that number is highly unlikely.

EDIT: Hey, you are Lina :o . Post under your normal account. Thanking you :)

Nastyafan
Jun 30th, 2004, 09:59 PM
I was a guest 2-3 months too. Maybe everyone treads this way;)

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:11 PM
More and more people are joining Russian Roulette. And the players are getting better and better.

ys
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:25 PM
But yeah, I saw 46 guests on last night, and I think that number is highly unlikely.
The thing is that it is _CONSISTENTLY_ unlikely high, which doesn't seem to happen to any other forum. Maybe some of players lurking around? :devil: :hearts:

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:33 PM
The parents won't let the players read this stuff. We inflate their egos too much.

Epigone
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:47 PM
I don't think that Vera would have the patience to read the paragraphs of nonsense that I write about her :o

I do know of a (non-Russian) player who visits her own forum, and people changed the way they talked about her upon learning this fact. I think it reduced the vibrant discussions because people are now afraid of offending her :sad:

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:52 PM
If I knew a player read this, it wouldn't change what I write.
I'm going to try to help each player to enjoy the journey.
It's hard work, but they have a great passion to do this. And to do this well.

ys
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:53 PM
What do you mean by joining RR?
Becoming regular participants ( readers AND contributors ) of threads and forums of RR.

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:42 PM
And if any players read this, I want to say that when you look back, years from now, you want to feel that you tried. That you were true to yourself.
It's not about success. Materialism is fool's gold.
You want to know that deep in your heart, you gave it your best try. That's really all we can do in life.
And then we move on.

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2004, 12:48 AM
Maria tries as hard as she can. I will never doubt her heart and courage.

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2004, 08:44 AM
I was a guest for months before I started to post. And the more I see how hard these players work, and what great women they are, the more I admire them.

ys
Jul 1st, 2004, 04:02 PM
101 viewing a minute ago .. :eek:

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2004, 04:07 PM
It's been a while since we had the final of a major without a Russian in it. Back in January. And Marat was in the men's final.
This fall, the competition between Nastya and Maria will be so much fun to follow.

fresh2flash
Jul 1st, 2004, 05:00 PM
117!!! RR will beat GM soon. :)

ys
Jul 1st, 2004, 05:46 PM
124!!

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:07 AM
I think we will see hundreds of guests in Russian Roulette in about 11 hours.

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2004, 04:53 PM
Russian Roulette is the home of both the Wimbledon and French Open champions.
And many other very talented, and wonderful, Russian tennis players.

sirius21
Jul 4th, 2004, 03:03 AM
I'm still amazed that 40% of the top 50 women players are Russian.

\i think it's to be expected. there are an amazingly large number of russian girls on the tour. which of course provides lots of fodder for discussion here. ;)

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 03:44 AM
This 2 hours after Nastya-Lena L., more than 100 people in Myskina's forum for 2 hours now.
And more than 150 guests in Russian Roulette.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Now there's 120 people in Myskina's forum. And 180 in Russian Roulette.
This topless photos lawsuit is going to be a huge story.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Now it's almost 12 hours after the match, and there are still 75 guests in Myskina's forum.
And over 100 in Russian Roulette.
This lawsuit is a great move to make Nastya famous worldwide. It's marketing genius.

Epigone
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Now it's almost 12 hours after the match, and there are still 75 guests in Myskina's forum.
And over 100 in Russian Roulette.
This lawsuit is a great move to make Nastya famous worldwide. It's marketing genius.I bet that Max thought of a plan like this first, but he couldn't implement it for obvious reasons :tape: :angel:. IMG takes a big cut for a reason.