PDA

View Full Version : I would not give WC's to Pelletier or Drake!

Capriati/RafterFan
Jun 29th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Maureen Drake and Marie Eve Pelletier and probably Melanie Marois will undoubedtly get wildcards for the Montreal maindraw. I think other promising Canadian players such as Stephanie Dubois, Beier Ko, and Alexandrra Wozniak deserve WC's into this event. I mean Drake and Pelletier will get into quallies!!! And Besides, players like Dubois, Ko and Wozniak deserve it! SO HERE'S HOPING THEY GET WILDCARDS!

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 30th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Pelletier deserves it...She still fights to get high on the tour....Drkae doesn't IMO.....She seems not to care about the tour anymore! And also, Beier doesn't deserve it as much as the other two girls cause she wasn't aprt of Fed Cup and is training in Florida and rarely plays tourneys here in Canada, as Steph won one and reached a final and Aleks reached a semi!

Scotso
Jun 30th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Maureen and Marie-Eve are Canada's best players. They deserve the wildcards.

Randy H
Jun 30th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Marie-Eve has been streaky this year, but she has had some decent wins, and with an okay draw could have a shot at winning a match in the maindraw. She's also been by far the biggest point earner of Canadians in 2004, so she easily deserves a wildcard.

Maureen's chances for a wildcard may by in pretty big doubt though. She didn't play Fed Cup, and her results this year have been very poor. She has direct entry into the qualifying, and I think she is better off playing there at this point.

I'd like to see Stephanie Dubois get a maindraw wildcard, she had a good showing last year in Toronto, and she won the 25k Hamilton tournament so I think she has earned the opportunity to play the maindraw. As for the other one, it's really anyone's guess. Ko has moved up well with some good results in Asia, but Wozniak is probably going to get a lot of support for her Fed Cup efforts. Marois is currently higher ranked than both, but her form has been very patchy since coming back.

I'd like to see Main Draw go to: Pelletier, Dubois, Marois

Qualifying: Wozniak, Ko, Srebrovic, and Biro

FLL
Jun 30th, 2004, 06:25 PM
I'd give the MD WC's to Pelletier, Dubois and Wozniak

Capriati/RafterFan
Jun 30th, 2004, 08:37 PM
I would agree that Pelletier may possibly deserve a WC here, but definitely not Drake! As everyone says Dubois deserves it and I think Woznial too!

CJK
Jul 14th, 2004, 05:23 PM
I'm sure Stephie and Alek will get a lot more WC in their career, but Maureen is not young anymore. I think TC is doing a good job not to put too much spotlight on the juniors, and I dont suppose they will start doing it now (Germany who did that is now in disaster). Not to mention this might be the only year this WTA tournament is held here. So good luck Maureen:).

Peer101
Jul 16th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Wozniak for sure

They should give one to Fichman even though she pushes

She did win 18 nationals

rated_next
Jul 16th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Fichman is 13 and can't compete yet.

LH2HBH
Jul 20th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Wow you guys know a lot about Canadian Tennis!! I'm ashamed of myself!!!!! I think I better get my ass to this tournament!

~CANUCK~
Jul 21st, 2004, 10:52 PM
Mo and M-E for sure, and last one should be alekz or steff, i would give it to the person that doesn't get the main draw wc in the rogers cup

Annika18
Jul 30th, 2004, 02:18 PM
I don't think Maureen doesn't deserve it. I think wildcards are there to give a help up to struggling established professionals and veterans just as much as they are for juniors. If she got a kind draw, one or two good wins and her whole year and career is changed. She is higher ranked so she does deserve it.

CJK
Jul 30th, 2004, 11:52 PM
OMG, Alek actually got a WC into Montreal and takes on Asagoe, let's hope she is not bagelled.
If she comes here, I'll make sure to see her match:).

selking
Jul 31st, 2004, 07:33 AM
I thought navratilova was taking a wc

selking
Jul 31st, 2004, 08:18 AM
I thought navratilova was taking a wc

o nevermind... i was thinking of stolkholm

Marty_mtl
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:44 AM
According to the news here in Qc, Pelletier got a main draw WC. Wozniak got a WC too but I don't know if it is a main draw or qualif draw.

CJK
Aug 4th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Are you sure? Alek is getting it again?:o. It should be announced soon though.
But taking that information it should be Marie/Alek/Ashley.

Marty_mtl
Aug 4th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Are you sure? Alek is getting it again?:o. It should be announced soon though.
But taking that information it should be Marie/Alek/Ashley.

As I was saying, they didn't indicate if it was for main draw or qualif draw. And Marois was saying tonight that she's playing in Vancouver too. So she probably got a WC as well either for main or qualif draw.

Marty_mtl
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:47 PM
According to Tennis Canada website, It's now official that Drake and Pelletier got the 2 main draw WC.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:54 PM
The other WC will be given to a special exempt i guess? And go Marie-Eve and Steph!

crazillo
Aug 6th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Funny story.
I spoke with Mo yesterday and she seemed really nice.

Anyways, I got asked to play tennis again. Unfortunately I am at Niagara and in Quebec next week.

Hantuchov
Aug 6th, 2004, 10:11 PM
I thought Sesil would take a WC :o

MetroCan
Aug 6th, 2004, 10:27 PM
According to Tennis Canada website, It's now official that Drake and Pelletier got the 2 main draw WC.
Surprise.....the other WC is given to Ashley Harkleroad, SE (silver exmempt) player

Scotso
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Ashley is a waste :rolleyes:

rated_next
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Wildcards:

Main Draw: Pelletier and Drake

Qualifying Draw: Rice, Wozniak, Zoricic, and Tetreault

Marois and Dubois are also in the QD

Captain.Canada
Aug 9th, 2004, 03:11 AM
I don't see Ashley in the Vancouver MD...