PDA

View Full Version : Can we make a thread about who is REALLY nominated+going ?!

ChrisGermany
Jun 28th, 2004, 09:40 AM
I wonder if anyone gets the info straight who is going to Athens for each nation or not - press articles, net research, whatever.

There´s some info here and there who got nominated by the national federation but it´s unknown if they´ll go, tips by us here, anything, but only rare concrete facts. When I started to ask this in the "general messages", no response. Maybe here ? :wavey:

What I know from the "general messages"

USA: Williams, Williams, Capriati, Rubin (Williams/Williams, Navratilova/Lisa)
France: Mauresmo, Pierce, Dechy, Golovin (Pierce/Mauresmo, Dechy/Golovin)

So any info from other countries ?

Is the doubles combi -as everybody wondered about France- subject to change ? I wonder wether or not this strategy had to do with seeding purpose as I highly doubt that both the French teams have a chance of a high seed when it comes to doubles RANKINGS as there are by far better to be seeded teams from Italy, Japan, ... ?

HOPE THIS THREAD GETS RESPONSE :bounce:

nitsansh
Jun 29th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Wait a few days and you'll get the official entry list... It should be out until July 5th...

AjdeNate!
Jun 29th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Croatia - Karolina Šprem, Jelena Kostanic, Ivo Karlovic, Mario Ancic for sure, not sure if/who else.

ChrisGermany
Jun 29th, 2004, 09:20 AM
In Germany, the final but one nomination process finished yesterday and there was the discussion about all our 3 top100 singles players. Don´t know what happens. Nominating all 3 of them is one thing but if their rank is enough to enter the elite field of 56 is unknown. Imagine what happens if countries like Australia or Japan also enter with 3 girls. That would limit the number of smaller countries.