PDA

View Full Version : The Talk of the Week: "She Knew It!!!"

DiZZiA
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:12 AM
:lol: :devil: :worship:

Wonder if this controversy last to the end of the season??? :o
Wonder what happen next time when Venus and Karolina play against each other? :rolleyes:
Wonder what happen in all the umpires' minds now??? (Oh shit.... we can really get fired!!!) :devil:

Jericho
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:14 AM
Did she know or didn't she? that'll be one of the biggest mysteries in tennis history :lol:

Ballbuster
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:15 AM
(Oh shit.... we can really get fired!!!) :devil:

You deserve to be fired to throwing a bomb in players livelihood.

cheo23
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:16 AM
U guys need to SEE the Match AGain! Both of them were So Confused after that 2-1 Point..Get it Together!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still pissed off at the Crowd..they should have Shouted " Wrong SCore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I would!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:18 AM
:lol: :devil: :worship:

Wonder if this controversy last to the end of the season??? :o

No. Its over.

Doc
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Did she know or didn't she? that'll be one of the biggest mysteries in tennis history :lol:

Who? Venus?

Seriously; It may end up as a tennis trivia question eventually. That's as "big" as this tiny incident will get.

Tennis Fool
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:26 AM
I watched the rerun (I don't have cable) on NBC with Mary and JMac. K-Lina and Venus were both confused, but it did seem that K-Lina knew that she was the beneificiary of the ump error, as she looked up at her box and was like "okaaay, I think he just awarded me a point."

It was so screwy that even if she got the feeling she had benefited, I probably would have kept quiet too, because I wouldn't have to too sure what had happened.

I don't think the ump smirked as if trying to help out K-Lina. He just seemed out of it.

As Mary said, this would not have happened at the US Open because us New Yorkers would have booed so loudly the ump and players would have known something was wrong and the error corrected.