PDA

View Full Version : DVD-R of Venus vs Sprem?????

YourBoyDan
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:06 AM
How can I buy a DVD-R that plays on my Panasonic DVD recorder of the WHOLE Venus vs Sprem Match on best quality record????????

I kept forgetting to tape it and only got today's nbc partial tape.
It looked like a great match

Fingon
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:14 AM
if you have an old DVD player it might not work.

You should go to the Panasonic web site and check the specifications of your player to find out which DVD (- or +) R you can play.

You need it recorded in the most standard possible format, which is the problem because there isn't really an standard, a DVD+R or -R may play ok but another may not. Some brands may work and some may not.

also make sure that whoever records it uses a DVD encoder software to record an image and not just burn a jpeg that likely won't work.

YourBoyDan
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Fingon,

Thanks for the reply, I use DVD-R TDK/MAXWELL DVD's for all my recordings. My question was i did not get the full VENUS-SPREM Match and am looking for someone who is selling/trading the match on the same format that I can play in my recorder.

Fingon
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Fingon,

Thanks for the reply, I use DVD-R TDK/MAXWELL DVD's for all my recordings. My question was i did not get the full VENUS-SPREM Match and am looking for someone who is selling/trading the match on the same format that I can play in my recorder.
oh I see.

Unfortunately I don't have a video capture card yet :fiery: neither I have the match :fiery: :fiery:

Fingon
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:22 AM
and forgot to say, my recorder records +R

YourBoyDan
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I could KILL myself, The match has been shown like 4 times and all i have is the NBC partial.

tennisvideos
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:34 AM
How can I buy a DVD-R that plays on my Panasonic DVD recorder of the WHOLE Venus vs Sprem Match on best quality record????????

I kept forgetting to tape it and only got today's nbc partial tape.
It looked like a great match

Well you have a few choices.

I have it complete and I recorded it directly on my Panasonic DVD Recorder which uses DVD-R.

You can either get a copy direct from me, or you can order it from Sports Resources in England who have it also.

But first let me explain something ... when you record on the Panasonic DVD it makes the disc in the DVD-R format. This is fine and it will play on any machine that plays DVD-R. However, to get it to play on just about any machine we FINALISE the disc which then coverts it to DVD-Video.

This is the best format to get the disc in as it will play on just about anything. DVD-Video is the same format as the DVD movies you buy in shops .... notice how they play in just about any machine.

So there you go. If you get it off me or from Sports Resources it will play in your Panasonic DVD Recorder and it will also play in just about any other DVD player or computer.

The website for Sports Resources is:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/tennisvideos1/

Their email is: sports.resources@tennisvideos.demon.co.uk

PS: The match isn't listed on their website yet, but they will be getting all the Wimbledon matches loaded on the website soon. But you can still order it off them.

Cheers

tennisvideos
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:36 AM
PS: I also got some of the Venus press conference after the match and a 2nd version of the 2nd set tie-breaker (so you can hear the reactions from different commentators) and these are included on the disc.

YourBoyDan
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Hi,

Whats thw difference if i get it from you as the source or the tennisvideo as a source? Please let me know. How is the quality? Price? Thanks so much!!