PDA

View Full Version : The K-Lina did NOTHING wrong thread!

Strange Famous
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Since there are like 15 threads now saying she cheated...

1 - Even if she did know what happened, she has no obligation to call it. Afer the game both Boris Becker and John McEnroe said they would have taken the point.

2 - ANY asumption that K-Lina MUST have known also implies that Venus must have known. If Sprem knew and said nothing, why didnt Venus who also must have known say anything?

3 - K-Lina was playing better and was winning the match, one point wasnt the reason Venus got knocked out. Venus admitted this and showed a lot of class in her interview.

4 - The umpire messed up, the line judges messed up, there at least ten people who's JOB it was to call it right, why are people attacking K-Lina, who was just trying to play tennis and win her game?

5 - Sprem actually looked like she was about to question the score on 3-2 and Williams serving from the wrong side, but Williams wanted to serve and forced her to play on... she obviously must have thought "well Venus is playing on, I must have got it wrong"

ttaM
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed...but anyone remember that 1r doubles match at Wimbledon where Venus hit the ball twice? I believe it was against Morariu (sp) and Stubbs. Stubbs saw it happen and protested it. Venus either didn't notice she hit it twice, or didn't want to tell the umpire since he/she apparently did not see it happen. So should we think that Venus cheated in that match?

Stamp Paid
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed...but anyone remember that 1r doubles match at Wimbledon where Venus hit the ball twice? I believe it was against Morariu (sp) and Stubbs. Stubbs saw it happen and protested it. Venus either didn't notice she hit it twice, or didn't want to tell the umpire since he/she apparently did not see it happen. So should we think that Venus cheated in that match?
Excellent point!

Greenout
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:37 AM

Yes, I remember this.

AjdeNate!
Jun 27th, 2004, 03:40 AM
K-Lina is an :angel:

jcman
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:07 AM
k-lina played better than Venus , that's the end of story, leave the girl alone plz.

GoGoMaggie
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:10 AM
If she were to blame for the incident, so would be everyone else present there.
I'm interested to know how everyone would have reacted had she admitted she had won a point they hadn't played.

Lindsayfan
Jun 27th, 2004, 08:17 AM
i think she did it right. everyone would do the same thing at her place and who says 'no i wouldnt' is just a liar :p

Kutuzova
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:28 PM
She did nothing wrong. It was the biggest win of her career and she deserved every moment of it.