PDA

View Full Version : I was thrown out of Wimbledon during the Venus-Karolina tie-break.

Eugene Johnson
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Well this is what happened to me while attending this years Wimbledon Championships.

I was sound asleep, I’m not really into Ladies tennis but, due to the noise being made by the two competing players I was awoken from my slumber. I looked directly ahead at the scoreboard wondering what the score was and, who was playing.
Well it was Venus Williams versus Karolina Sprem and, they had just started playing a second set tie-break, so I decided to observe for a while before returning home to my domicile.
You know how things went but, when the umpire called 2-2 I was amazed. The players, linesmen/women, other officials and, the whole crowd seemed not to notice that the umpire awarded a point for nothing!

I shouted at the top of my voice ‘You made a mistake it’s not 2-2’ all and sundry around me looked on in astonishment as, what I can only describe as stewards, asked me to leave my seat for making unwarranted clamour. I tried to explain what happened but, they would not hear another word. I was dragged screaming and yelling, ‘the umpire made a balls-up, it’s not 2-2 are you people blind?’ One of the officials was extremely heavy handed and, suggested that ‘We Williams fans make too much noise’, what he meant by this comment I’ll never know, because he refused to answer when I asked him.
I was taken to the main gate and, told to go home and, not return to again as my name had been noted by the association. I am hopefully returning tomorrow for Sundays play.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:58 PM
:haha: I'm sorry, but that's fucking hilarious. :haha:

And this is a troll anyways, so k.

JoeB_UK
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:00 PM
to be honest, at wimby they are pathetic. they searched our bag and messed up completely, and broke the buckle on our bag

esquímaux
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:01 PM
kk wat the fuk u doin k. Let yuo mind envelope yuo body.
:scared::retard:

sarza
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:02 PM
:lol:

!<blocparty>!
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:04 PM
hmmmm yeah, i find it hard to beleive that you were sleeping for most of the match. and SOUND asleep? LOL

:haha:

Spunky83
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:22 PM
hmmmm yeah, i find it hard to beleive that you were sleeping for most of the match. and SOUND asleep? LOL

Oh, hey...when I attented their previous match-up in Berlin this year, my friend left to go shopping! I was like:"What??? This is the best match so far this whole week! How can you go now?"...At least she didn´t fall asleep.

SelesFan70
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....suuuuuuuuuuuuuure you were there... :rolleyes:

Jarrett
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:43 PM
sure you were there...... riiiiiight.

SJW
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:48 PM

but it is easy to fall asleep....

i was almost nodding off in Greg's match :o

!<blocparty>!
Jun 26th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Oh, hey...when I attented their previous match-up in Berlin this year, my friend left to go shopping! I was like:"What??? This is the best match so far this whole week! How can you go now?"...At least she didn´t fall asleep.
:eek: i dont know how you could go shopping during a match like that LOL, oh well, some people just rnt true fans like us lot :rolleyes: .

hingis-seles
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Oh, but please do tell if you could see John Barrett recieving head from Tracy Austin in the BBC booth? His moans and groans at every shot hit over the net were orgasmic!

Justin
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Well this is what happened to me while attending this years Wimbledon Championships.

I was sound asleep, I’m not really into Ladies tennis but, due to the noise being made by the two competing players I was awoken from my slumber. I looked directly ahead at the scoreboard wondering what the score was and, who was playing.
Well it was Venus Williams versus Karolina Sprem and, they had just started playing a second set tie-break, so I decided to observe for a while before returning home to my domicile.
You know how things went but, when the umpire called 2-2 I was amazed. The players, linesmen/women, other officials and, the whole crowd seemed not to notice that the umpire awarded a point for nothing!

I shouted at the top of my voice ‘You made a mistake it’s not 2-2’ all and sundry around me looked on in astonishment as, what I can only describe as stewards, asked me to leave my seat for making unwarranted clamour. I tried to explain what happened but, they would not hear another word. I was dragged screaming and yelling, ‘the umpire made a balls-up, it’s not 2-2 are you people blind?’ One of the officials was extremely heavy handed and, suggested that ‘We Williams fans make too much noise’, what he meant by this comment I’ll never know, because he refused to answer when I asked him.
I was taken to the main gate and, told to go home and, not return to again as my name had been noted by the association. I am hopefully returning tomorrow for Sundays play.

Is that you, Serena? :confused:

GoDominique
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:02 PM

Oh, and lots of people are sleeping in the stands, so I see no reason not to believe the story. ;)

Looking forward to more reports. :wavey:

Joana
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:25 PM
It always amazes me that some people take threads like this seriously.

harloo
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Hi Diya:wavey: :lol:

GoSandrine
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:30 PM
:rolls: :lol:

GoDominique
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:31 PM
It always amazes me that some people take threads like this seriously.
Indeed. But look at those people's favourite player.
This fanbase is famous for taking everything way too seriously. :)

BRDtennis
Jul 17th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I renmember that match! It ruined Karolina's career :sad:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 17th, 2007, 08:54 PM
:weirdo:

Conor
Jul 17th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I wonder if he was ever allowed back in....

Slutiana
Jul 17th, 2007, 09:06 PM

:lol: :tape:

!<blocparty>!
Jul 17th, 2007, 09:18 PM

:eek: i dont know how you could go shopping during a match like that LOL, oh well, some people just rnt true fans like us lot :rolleyes: .

:help::weirdo::o

Viktymise
Jul 17th, 2007, 09:24 PM

Oh Tim :hug:

Thanx4nothin
Jul 17th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Oh dear....:embarrassment:

Conor
Jul 17th, 2007, 09:38 PM

Idiot