PDA

View Full Version : If one of our Olympic Players is injured..who should be the replacement...

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Just say one of the Williams, capriati
or Rubin injures themselves a week or 2 before the start of the Olympics..who should Zina send as a replacement.??

vettipooh
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Does she have a choice,then,or does it have to be someone who played fed cup within the last 2 years.I'd say Meghann,Granville,or Alex.Lindsay has already declined.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Does she have a choice,then,or does it have to be someone who played fed cup within the last 2 years.I'd say Meghann,Granville,or Alex.Lindsay has already declined. When has Rubin played on the Fed Cup team ? :confused:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:19 PM
i think lindsay SHOULD be there but i guess she's too scared. I think they should replace an injured player with marina :lol: j/k
umm lisa would be a good choice and also meghann who played fed cup last year

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:19 PM
chanda played fed cup last year .v. italy

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:21 PM
chanda played fed cup last year .v. italy Oh ok..thanks..is there a FED CUP rd coming up BEFORE the olympics that zina could slip in a player to help them qualify for theOlympics >?? U never know what those williams, Rubin or Cap wil get injured! :rolleyes: :mad: :sad:
Anyone ?? :D

alwayshingis
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:22 PM
i'd love it to be shenay, but i think it would be meghann

geewhiz
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Oh ok..thanks..is there a FED CUP rd coming up BEFORE the olympics that zina could slip in a player to help them qualify for theOlympics >?? U never know what those williams, Rubin or Cap wil get injured! :rolleyes: :mad: :sad:
Anyone ?? :D

You don't have to have played Fed Cup, you only have to have made yourself available to play if you are chosen. With the possible exception of Amy Frazier who has some kind of long-standing issue with Fed Cup and so who may no longer make herself available, I'd assume that everyone else who the USA might consider sending is already qualified either through playing or through making themselves available to play.

esquímaux
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Frazier of course! :smash::p

Spunky83
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Just say one of the Williams, capriati
or Rubin injures themselves a week or 2 before the start of the Olympics..who should Zina send as a replacement.??

According to some posts around here...what about Maria Sharapova??? :bounce: :tape:

sarza
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Laura

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:14 PM
the next fed cup ties are the week after wimbledon :)

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:18 PM
the next fed cup ties are the week after wimbledon :) Thanks again! ;)

MLF
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Amy Frazier wouldn't qualify as she hasn't made herself available for the Fed Cup from 1996 onwards saying she wouldn't play on a team with Billie Jean King involved with it after being snubbed that year.

I guess Meghann Shaughnessy deserves a slot - she's always been prepared to play for the squad.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Amy Frazier wouldn't qualify as she hasn't made herself available for the Fed Cup from 1996 onwards saying she wouldn't play on a team with Billie Jean King involved with it after being snubbed that year.

I guess Meghann Shaughnessy deserves a slot - she's always been prepared to play for the squad.
:lol: :lol: i really do not recal her saying this...i would love to see some proof of these remarks :D
Ps..when did BILLIE JEAN start coaching the FED CUP team ?

azza
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Danielle Spacek.

geewhiz
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:32 PM
:lol: :lol: i really do not recal her saying this...i would love to see some proof of these remarks :D

What happened was that there were a lot of injuries to the US team that year but instead of following the rankings and calling up Amy, Billie Jean King called up Jennifer Capriati who at the time was really struggling to make a return to the tour. Capriati (I think) lost both her singles matches, and Amy did indeed swear never to play Fed Cup for Billie Jean King again.

BJK started as Fed Cup captain in 1995. She captained the team in 1995 and 1996, skipped 1997, and then was captain again from 1998 until Zina took over.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:44 PM
What happened was that there were a lot of injuries to the US team that year but instead of following the rankings and calling up Amy, Billie Jean King called up Jennifer Capriati who at the time was really struggling to make a return to the tour. Capriati (I think) lost both her singles matches, and Amy did indeed swear never to play Fed Cup for Billie Jean King again.

BJK started as Fed Cup captain in 1995. She captained the team in 1995 and 1996, skipped 1997, and then was captain again from 1998 until Zina took over. OOOOOH OK..I DON'T KNOW how i missed that back then! :p
Well..now that Zina is coaoch maybe Amy will get a chance to play in an early round next year :D

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:45 PM
ALSO...there seems to be a VERY large list of players that would not play if Billie Jean was coach... :lol: :lol:

Pamela Shriver
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:58 PM
If one of our Olympic Players is injured..who should be the replacement...
Me!

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Me! Um..yoo hoooo....your little quips became unfunny and unamusing months ago... :wavey:

MLF
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Basically I don't have the time to make things up and post them on an internet board so if you don't appreciate being given info on your favourite player then I'll not bother in future. :rolleyes:

The tie was back in '96 against Austria. Amy had won her two singles matches the year before against Austria and had agreed to play this tie as she was the second highest ranked available US player for the tie behind Mary Joe Fernandez at the time - Amy was around the top 20 at the time. At the last minute BJK dropped Amy in favour of a returning Capriati who had no results or form that season to justify a singles slot and Jenny went on to lose 6-2 6-4 to Paulus & 6-1 6-1 to Wiesner. It was then Frazier vowed not to play for a team with BJK involvement. BJK is still involved with the Fed Cup team.

alwayshingis
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Um..yoo hoooo....your little quips became unfunny and unamusing months ago... :wavey:

Ditto!

*roddicksinme*
Jun 27th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Amy deserves to play :(

crazillo
Jun 27th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Amy!