PDA

View Full Version : Did I just saw Monica Seles in Wimbledon on BBC1

wongqks
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Can someone verify?

raquel
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Yes it was! Looking very slim and stylish and her hair looked great :)

wongqks
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Yay so happy to see her. A huge shame Sue Barker didn't say anything about it though :( Hope she will be back soon

SelesFan70
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Monica.... :worship:

I'm sure they asked about "the point" :rolleyes:

Did she speak of coming back at New Haven/Pilot Pen?

DelMonte
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:12 PM
yes, she looked great, didn't she? very elegant and sophisticated.

wongqks
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Monica.... :worship:

I'm sure they asked about "the point" :rolleyes:

Did she speak of coming back at New Haven/Pilot Pen?

No it is not an interview, I wish it was, but it was just towrds the end of the coverage and they are showing random footage on the ground, and Monica was just outside the Centre Court main entrance

SelesFan70
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Oh, cool... :D Can't wait for her to play Team Tennis and test that foot out.

raquel
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Yay so happy to see her. A huge shame Sue Barker didn't say anything about it though :( Hope she will be back soon

Maybe Sue didn't recognise her. It took me a few seconds to realise. I don't think I have seen her look better. Loved the honey-brown highlights and the long hair.

wongqks
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Maybe Sue didn't recognise her. It took me a few seconds to realise. I don't think I have seen her look better. Loved the honey-brown highlights and the long hair.

That's sure, maybe she know but she wasn't sure and of course the last thing you want to do is to guess it wrong.

Still love Sue Barker though, except for her drooling of Tim Henman

Allez-H
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Yeah,I was thinking the same thing..Is that Monica????She looked so good and so much more younger :eek:

tyk101
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:29 PM
what time did they show monica?!

barmaid
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:37 PM
On ESPN Chris Fowler interviewed Monica who he said just arrived by plane...she did look good, was her old "bubbly" self and interjected that cute "giggle" of hers.:hearts: She is supposed to play an exhibition match against John McEnroe on a floating barge..some promotional thing...Mary Jo and Hingis were also in the booth when Monica was there so no doubt got to talk to her afterwards too. Nice to see her back after such a long absence!!:worship:

barmaid:wavey:

tyk101
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:41 PM
what time was monica on bbc?

00seles04
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Ahhh, I swear I kept missing these. Does anyone have it on tape? haha...or do you think they'll show the interview again?

Bright Red
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:36 PM
I wish they'd show her on ESPN. I haven't seen her for a while.

Is it just me or does the thread title remind you of "I tawt I taw a putty tatt"?

00seles04
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Well, the coverage will switch to NBC. If nothing else, I'm sure Jonny Mac will be there and he'll bring the whole event on Monday and Monica up. So hopefully we get to see something.

rfs1999
Jun 27th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Go Monica!

queenz of tenniz
Jun 27th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Go Monica!

Yes, Monica looked very fit, very pretty and gorgeous. This has been the fittest I've seen her since the fateful stabbing in April 1993. She looked very at "peace" and genuinely happy. Just love to see that "giggle" once again after 11 long years.

Many in the tennis world were completely in awe and shock when she joined the exhibition tournament in Tampa, FL with Capriati, Roddick, et al early this year. I just can't believe how fit and slim she looked. She even look so much younger in person and maybe because she lost all those unwanted "bulges."

queenz of tenniz
Jun 27th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Can someone verify?
monica, gracious as ever, made an appearance on espn during saturday's (rainy day) broadcast of the sprem-venus match. with a reported hour of sleep, dressed in a baby pink suit, monica was simply radiant. her energy swept across the atlantic and came over me before the cable waves could even broadcast the dialogue.

she spoke about playing an exhibition on a "floating grass court" on a barge on the Thames vs. mcenroe. she joked with the "anchor" when he vaccuously added, "he likes the net." to which she responded, "is that right?"

she spoke about WTT, playing on the junior mcenroe brother's team and hoping to use it as a fun opportunity to test her foot. she indicated that she would have preferred to return on the clay and that she was preparing and training for the french, but "pushed it too hard." hesitant to predict too far in the future, monica said she's taking things one step at a time.

she also talked about why she's so eager to return after such a tough setback and already wonderful career. she commented that she just loves the game and has missed the rush that practicing, training, and competing provide "I just haven't been able to find that anywhere else." she also said she still gets butterflies before matches and misses being nervous about how the match will end.

finally, she talked about martina, remaining part of tennis after her retirement from the tour, and "the championships" having eluded her all these years. showing just how much she has moved on from '93, they showed a much less fit monica in her first comeback at wimbledon in '96 and she said matter of factly that that was "after the stabbing" and that the fans have been very supportive in london (kind of implying that this was true at wimbledon only from that point forward).

she was giggling as much as i've seen any thirty year old (probably giddy from sleep deprivation) and was just in great spirits. i know in my heart that we will see this energy on court very soon and, in true seles tradition, she will have used this time off to remember how much she loves this game, squeezing every drop of pleasure from it that it can provide. the game and life itself owes her this much.

Glad to see the "Monica Seles" we used to know before the stabbing finally return. Even just a glimpse of it today made everybody in the tennis world very happy.

R&J
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Thanks queenz of tenniz :wavey:

nate_my_love
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Can somebody post her newest pics? I so wanna see her!!!

Daniel
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Thanks, Monica :kiss: