PDA

View Full Version : Us olympic team,announced!!!

vettipooh
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Williams sisters,Jcap,and Rubin,in singles.Roddick,Fish,Spadea and Dent,in singles.Bryan twins in doubles,and Martina and Raymond in doubles,Sisters in doublesWhat do u think?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:40 PM
is that true?

vettipooh
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:41 PM
is that true? Yes,just saw it on Tennis.com

sarza
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Rubin :confused:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:42 PM
where in the world is lindsay? and :) at the sisters playing

Freewoman33
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Go team USA.

HectorMagnus
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Cappy :) :) :) :) :woohoo: 12 years after Barca, wow :D

vettipooh
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I'm sort of wondering about Rubin,myself!!

silverwhite
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Make that 3 :confused:s about Rubin (no offence to her fans). I think Lindsay's worried about her knee.

Jarrett
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Lindsay said she wouldn't be playing. I wants to focus on the US Open as her last big event.

ys
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Zina should have selected Alex instead of Capriati.

Jarrett
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Well who is going to play besides Chanda? I think it is a fine choice and by the Olympics Chanda should be playing better.

HectorMagnus
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:54 PM

Alex should be only a perfect mascot....

KrayZ4SerenaW225
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:57 PM

and your trying to say what with this commment?????

chris whiteside
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Are you allowed to have 4 players in the draw? I though the Olympics was limited to three players per country in each event?

So Rubin would perhaps only play doubles?

Nicoleke
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:59 PM
No Lindsay Davenport ????? Pfffft !!!!!

rhz
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:00 PM
How can Capriati qualify? I thought a player should serve at least 1 fed cup tie in the past few years in order for her to play the olympics?

bandabou
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Interesting....only surprise is no Lindsay in singles.

Rtael
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:01 PM
No rhz, they just have to make themselves available....BlowJob just never picked Capriati because of You Know Why.

Randy H
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Hopefully Chanda will be fit to play the Olympics - Considering she's made herself available for so many years to the Fed Cup team, she really deserves to play IMO. :)

rhz
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:03 PM
No rhz, they just have to make themselves available....BlowJob just never picked Capriati because of You Know Why.
available for which? fed cup or olympics? LOL at BlowJob:lol:

azza
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Make that 426 :confused: bout Rubin :o

Lady
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Obviously Lindsay doesn't want to play, I doubt there could be any other reason they wouldn't pick her.

kerbear
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Jenny's back! :)

Andy and Marty are the other men's doubles team it says :eek: :tape:

Good luck to all Americans, hopefully the confidence Zina has in Chanda is just what she needs!

Nicoleke
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:20 PM
I wanted an Andy RODDICK / James BLAKE team :sad: .....

Andrew.
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Chanda :confused:

Ballbuster
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:26 PM
I doubt the sisters will play in that unsafe environment.

njguido11
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:28 PM
no ginepri? that sux

LindsayRocks89
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:30 PM
not sure about chanda, but the team is good, and i fully understand why Lindsay isn't playing, so its not a big deal

GermanBoy
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:41 PM
no ginepri? that suxYes, where is Robby? :confused: :( :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Taylor Dent? :confused: Vincent Spadea? :confused:

Fantastic
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Congratulations to Andy Roddick, Mardy Fish, Vincent Spadea, Taylor Dent, Bob Bryan, Mike Bryan, Jennifer Capriati, Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Chanda Rubin, Lisa Raymond and Martina Navratilova for making the US Olympic Tennis Team. Good luck in Athens! :)

If for some reason Chanda cannot compete in Athens, the simple solution would be to slot Lisa Raymond into the singles position. This could probably atone for the disappointment of missing out on a doubles position in Sydney. No real harm in the end for adding Chanda to the team.

ys
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I guess very obvious selection. With correction of Davenport making herself unavailable, in all other cases they just went with rankings. No controversy whatsoever.

mn73
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Shame for Meghann Shaughnessy who has had a good year in doubles. The Williams sisters haven't played doubles for ages and lost early at Wimbledon last year, though I expect they will still find that magic again to go deep in the event.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Lindsay said she wouldn't be playing. I wants to focus on the US Open as her last big event. True..but by the time the Olympics come Amy Frazier will be ranked higher then Rubin..i a ma huge fan of Rubins..but i think she just made it by the skin of her teeth :p

ys
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Shame for Meghann Shaughnessy who has had a good year in doubles. The Williams sisters haven't played doubles for ages and lost early at Wimbledon last year, though I expect they will still find that magic again to go deep in the event.
Williams sisters were not _SELECTED_ to play doubles. US selectors had to default to them playing doubles. They had to make one team out of four selected singles players. I thought there was no other ochoice.

njguido11
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Williams sisters were not _SELECTED_ to play doubles. US selectors had to default to them playing doubles. They had to make one team out of four selected singles players. I thought there was no other ochoice.

Exactly the way the rules are shaughnessy was not effected by the williams playing doubles. it had to be them or jcap and ruben. Spadea has actually had a much better year than robbie G unfortunately. Robbie got to the 4th in Aussie and 4th here but struggled in between . Hopefully he builds off this result and he should still be around by the next olympics.

esquímaux
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Make it a :yeah: for Chanda! BRING BACK THE GOLD BABY!!! :bounce::yippee::bounce:

:secret: oh, and allez to the sexy Dentster :scared::drool::retard:

bluna82
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:46 PM
it´s great that jen will play :bounce: :worship:

lizchris
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:39 PM
The Williams sisters are defending champions in Olympic doubles and it would ahve made no sense to pick Meghann as her doubles partner is from Russia.

VRULES
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:59 PM
THe William Sisters and Capriati will be the singles players, with Chanda being the reserve, and Martina/Lisa will be the doubles, so there is almost no way Lisa would play singles.

And why can't the sisters be the reserve doubles team!!!??? They said they wanted to play dubs.

GoSandrine
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Great choices!!! :D :yeah: :banana:

GermanBoy
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:35 PM
THe William Sisters and Capriati will be the singles players, with Chanda being the reserve, and Martina/Lisa will be the doubles, so there is almost no way Lisa would play singles.

And why can't the sisters be the reserve doubles team!!!??? They said they wanted to play dubs.
:confused: Thought the US have 4 singles players and 2 doubles teams... Why should Chanda be a reserve then? :confused:

Bероника
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:06 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Yeah!!! Rubin is in!!!

Go Chanda!!!
Go Venus!!!
Go Navratilova/Raymond!!!