PDA

View Full Version : Things you hate about Wimbledon (don't worry, multiple choice!!!!!)

Brαm
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:12 PM
10 things you might hate about Wimbledon :devil:

Greenout
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Justine isn't here!!!!!! :(

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Trinny & Susannah!! :haha: Good one, dude!! :yeah:

OUT!
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:25 PM
The unequal prize money and the snobbery.

Spunky83
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Justine isn't here!!!!!! :(

:eek: ...she isnīt? :sad:

flyingmachine
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Rain, rain and more rain.:(

bee
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Rain and the prize money... :( :(

VivalaSeles
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Everything, except serve&volley and surface. :o :devil:

jcman
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:12 PM
can anyone tell me y they dun hv plays on the 1st sunday??

ghosts
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:18 PM
can anyone tell me y they dun hv plays on the 1st sunday??
omg if there's no play on Saturday and Sunday :unsure:

!<blocparty>!
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Well, i have thought about the one with the lights many times, and i don't really know what to think.

I can't imagine a night match at Wimbledon, but i guess it's all to do with keeping the "traditions".

But I voted for the rain and roof, obviously.

Vass22
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:44 PM
I don't know about the rain. It's everywhere and Wimbledon isn't the only tournament without the roof. I don't know about the lights too. Rolandd Rtaggos doesn't have them.

I hate the HYPE.

Cariaoke
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:47 PM
rain, prize money, late start on show courts (then scheduling men's matches before a ladies' match... duh) and no play on sunday... boo

sarza
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Laura Granville had a shitty draw :mad:

Princess Fiona
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Tsss, I forgot to vote for the rain... Gaaah...

I voted for the lack of equal prize money and the no play on Sunday. :)

watrat
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I voted for lots of thing but i most hate that The men get more prize money than the women :mad: .
And what's up with the tradition of bowing to the royalty- is England still living in the middleages??? :rolleyes:

Brαm
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:06 PM
And what's up with the tradition of bowing to the royalty- is England still living in the middleages??? :rolleyes:

They don't do that anymore do they? :confused:

SilviaFan
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:07 PM
the rain, no matches on 1st sunday and starting at 1.00 is too late!!! :mad:

Belgium = Best
Jun 26th, 2004, 08:39 PM
8/10 :eek: :(

:wavey:

saphir1
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:46 PM
you forgot that there is no winner's speech

ys
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Rain can be anywhere. And roof is not of much help in terms of schedule. You can't have a roof over all courts. And being able to have one match played when it is 10 that are supposed to be played doesn't help much in terms of schedule. It does help in terms TV coverage ( which I really don't care about ) and in terms of nullifying the spectators tickets by forcing spectators to watch that one and only match while they might have come to see another match. And rain happens everywhere. At least the Brits, unlike US Open morons, have the tarps and doesn't take 24 hours of combined slave labour to dry up every court.

Anything else is OK. Just two things really stink - People's Sunday and no lights. Even for the latter I am not sure how would lights work with grasscourts.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:55 PM
my picks are no rain+no roof and no lights around the courts

Avid Merrion
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Trinny and Susannah, where are you?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Truthwillout
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:11 PM

No, :mad: they don't

*hingis_forever*
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:18 PM
I don't see why anyone who posts here would pick prize money unless they play at Wimbledon! :confused: Also, the women honestly don't deserve the same money because they don't play as many sets!

cool bird
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:24 PM
This one only BBC Viewers will understand. But I hate Tim Henman all the bloody time. It is all they ever really talk about it drives you mad. Also Greg wife Lucy needs to get back being a tennis player wife and stop doing all the god alwful interviews. And that Weaterman this year is just the most unfunniest person ever. "I think it 5 2 to the wather man now Sue." ha ha
And the way John Mac never lets anyone eles get a word in egde was. And the way they ask every person If Tim will win Wimbledon this year, and you know they all want to answer no.
And the way John Barrent start going made crazy and saying this is one of the best matches he has ever seen nearly all the time.
And this happen at all the Grandslams but when the umpire ask people to turn off there mobil phone people start clapping. Why are you Clapping
And Sue Barker Laughting at her guest for no reason at all. Why are you laughting what they said is not funny.
Yep that just about it

SelesFan70
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:29 PM
They could get 2 more matches in on Centre and Court 1 if they started much earlier...say 10am? :shrug: It makes no sense to start at 1pm with such a back log... :mad:

JoeB_UK
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:33 PM
ALL OF THEM APART FROM:
Serve & volley

Kart
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:37 PM
No play on Sunday :mad:, Henmania and prize money :(.

Oh and John Barrett too :armed:.

faste5683
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:38 PM
The fact that it's held in England?

:wavey:

*abby*
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:55 PM
play doesnt start on show courts till 1 because it then gives all the toffs the chance to partake in luncheon whereas the more normall ppl like u and i are happy to get our munch on whenever! we wud rather see more matches

thelittlestelf
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:59 PM
That Venus Williams will not play in the final this year.

VRULES
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:04 PM
you are supposed to, I bet you would be some nasty comments if you kept walking!!:rolleyes:

Pamela Shriver
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Where is the "This year there is no Pam Shriver" option??

Sally Struthers
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Where is the "This year there is no Pam Shriver" option??

where's the option for you... "not winning?"

Crazy_Fool
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:58 PM
This one only BBC Viewers will understand. But I hate Tim Henman all the bloody time. It is all they ever really talk about it drives you mad. Also Greg wife Lucy needs to get back being a tennis player wife and stop doing all the god alwful interviews. And that Weaterman this year is just the most unfunniest person ever. "I think it 5 2 to the wather man now Sue." ha ha
And the way John Mac never lets anyone eles get a word in egde was. And the way they ask every person If Tim will win Wimbledon this year, and you know they all want to answer no.
And the way John Barrent start going made crazy and saying this is one of the best matches he has ever seen nearly all the time.
And this happen at all the Grandslams but when the umpire ask people to turn off there mobil phone people start clapping. Why are you Clapping
And Sue Barker Laughting at her guest for no reason at all. Why are you laughting what they said is not funny.
Yep that just about it
lol, so true.

what really annoys me is that they talk about Henman all the bloody time, then they find some space for Roddick, Hewitt and S.Williams and no-one else!!! show some respect to some of the other top players please.

i hate the surface, but thats something i've stated on here before, so not gonna go through it again....

fifiricci
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Pimms costs Ģ5.50 a shot, but I was still dumb enough to have two!!

Nastyafan
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Everything here
And Acesfest

Leo_DFP
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:23 AM
8/10

Everything except prize money (more play deserves more money) and serve-and-volley (I generally don't support players that use this tactic but I respect and admire it and still enjoy watching the contrast between attacking players and counter-punchers).

cool bird
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Pimms costs Ģ5.50 a shot, but I was still dumb enough to have two!!
No way a shot :eek: :eek: As a student I could legless for that. Dont even dare tell me how it is for a little pot of strawberrys

Martian Willow
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:36 AM
you are supposed to, I bet you would be some nasty comments if you kept walking!!:rolleyes:

...aksherly, they stopped doing it last year...pay attention... :)

Martian Willow
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:38 AM
you forgot that there is no winner's speech

...aksherly, Sue Barker does on-court interviews now...since 2000...pay attention... :)

Grachka
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:33 AM
I love Sue :hearts:

Henmania is just vile though - its relentless. The way Sue and the others completely drool over him just makes you want to vomit on your screen - and its getting worse. They refer to him in EVERY interview now.

They also have picked up an annoying habit of talking about the England football team to the players, who look as if they couldn't care less.

Brαm
Jul 2nd, 2004, 04:40 PM
:rain: