PDA

View Full Version : French players in the Olympics !!!!!

Nicoleke
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:30 PM
French tennis federation said yesterday who will be representing France in tennis in the next Olympic games:

Men:

Singles:

* Sébastien GROSJEAN
* Arnaud CLEMENT
* Fabrice SANTORO
* Mickaël LLODRA

Doubles:

* Fabrice SANTORO and Mickaël LLODRA
* Sébastien GROSJEAN and Arnaud CLEMENT

Ladies:

Singles:

* Amélie MAURESMO
* Mary PIERCE :hearts:
* Nathalie DECHY
* Tatiana GOLOVIN :hearts:

Doubles:

* Amélie MAURESMO and Mary PIERCE
* Nathalie DECHY and Tatiana GOLOVIN

Nicoleke
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:40 PM
The biggest surprise is that french number # 4 player Emilie LOIT isn' t qualify. French tennis federation decided to select Tatiana GOLOVIN and I think that' s a good decision :).
Maybe that Emilie LOIT deserved to be selected for the doubles ... In the other side, Tatiana GOLOVIN won a Grand Slam in doubles .....
Anyway, I had prefer Amélie MAURESMO and Nathalie DECHY, and, Mary PIERCE and Tatiana GOLOVIN for doubles team ...
Anyway, this year, french women team will be a dream team :hearts: .....

Go and good luck frenchies :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Tati :hearts:!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooo happy!!!! :D :bounce: :bounce:

GermanBoy
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Where is Arnaud di Pasquale`s name on that list? :confused: :mad: Okay, I know he was injured and he isn`t ready to represent France in such a big tournament but IMO players who won a medal should be asked to play. Arnaud won bronze at Sydney. :bounce:

We had the same situation with Jen and Atlanta 1996. :fiery:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:45 PM
:D Tatiana

Sonf@
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:47 PM
It's quite unfair for Emilie, imo

Nicoleke
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:54 PM
It's quite unfair for Emilie, imoI disagree, Olympic games will be on hardcourt, Tatiana GOLOVIN is a way better on hardcourt than Emilie LOIT to my mind. Why unfair ....? That' s sports too.
Maybe that' s a bit cruel, ok, but, they had to choose .....

Nicoleke
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Where is Arnaud di Pasquale`s name on that list? :confused: :mad: Okay, I know he was injured and he isn`t ready to represent France in such a big tournament but IMO players who won a medal should be asked to play. Arnaud won bronze at Sydney. :bounce:

Yes, I agree, he should have been selected due to his wonderfull bronze medal ... A lot of joy this day *remembering* .....

Anyway, go to my Arnaud CLEMENT, go french boys !!!!!

controlfreak
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Loit should get a place. They're allowed to take more than 4 players overall aren't they?

Also, in the Race she is well above Pierce.

Nicoleke
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Loit should get a place. They're allowed to take more than 4 players overall aren't they?

Also, in the Race she is well above Pierce.
I totally don' t know.

Mary PIERCE is to my mind a way better in big events than Emilie LOIT.

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:15 PM

Arnaud di Pasquale haven't won a single match since over a year ago! :o Do you think he deserved to have his spot for the Olympics? Don't think so!

ColinB
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Loit didnt want to go to the Olympics - i spoke to her in Birmingham. She wasn't in the equation for being picked.

Nicoleke
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Race ranking :

3- Amélie MAURESMO 2004 pts - 8 tournaments
19- Nathalie DECHY 771 pts - 12 tournaments
25 - Tatiana GOLOVIN 645 pts - 8 tournaments
26- Emilie LOIT 632 pts - 15 tournaments
37- Mary Pierce 473 pts - 8 tournaments

Emilie LOIt have a better ranking in the Race than Mary Pierce indeed, but she played 15 tournaments :eek: and only 8 for Mary Pierce.

632/15 = 42,13 pts per tournament for Emilie LOIT
473/8 = 59,12 pts per tournament for Mary PIERCE

In a nutshell, Mary PIERCE is better in every tournaments than Emilie LOIT.

Good decision French tennis federation :) !!!!!

Scotso
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Mary is a better big match player.

I'm a little confused by their doubles selections... I mean, Nathalie and Amelie have experience together, and so now do Mary and Tatiana. I don't understand why they're switching around the teams.

Still, IMO, the best two doubles players of the four are Dechy/Pierce, and they should be a doubles team.

I love Mary
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Mary gets the gold!

Tryphon
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Loit didnt want to go to the Olympics - i spoke to her in Birmingham. She wasn't in the equation for being picked.
I also heard she wasn't interested to go for whatever reason. Thanks for the confirmation.

The women doubles team are indeed a bit surprising but why not. Maybe they can still switch partners before the event start... :confused:

ali
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Did she tell you why she didn't want to play? I'm surprised at this because she always plays Fed Cup.

Great to see Mary playing singles and doubles though! Hopefully she and Amelie will play a couple of tournaments together in the next couple of months to get some practice.

SJW
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:45 PM
great team!

go Frenchies :yeah:

Fantastic
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Congratulations to Sebastien Grosjean, Arnaud Clement, Fabrice Santoro, Michael Llodra, Amelie Mauresmo, Mary Pierce, Nathalie Dechy and Tatiana Golovin for making the French Olympic Tennis Team. Good luck in Athens! :)

Linnie
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I'd also read that Emilie never intended to play, for whatever reason. In any case, they have a great team!

Allez La France! :D

silverwhite
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Good picks! :bounce:

rated_next
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:03 PM
no wonder emilie is playing in vancouver

GermanBoy
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Arnaud di Pasquale haven't won a single match since over a year ago! :o Do you think he deserved to have his spot for the Olympics? Don't think so!
Have you read my whole statement? :rolleyes:

*roddicksinme*
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:41 AM
yes:D GO mary
and mary and amelie together :D

Mark Spruce
Jun 27th, 2004, 04:56 AM
I am so happy to see Mary going !!!!

Best Of luck for Mary and the whole French Team !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that France win !!

regards

Mark

alwayshingis
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Allez Amelie! Take the gold!

GoSandrine
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:21 AM
The choices are fair.

I completely agree with the men's. :yeah:

For the women, it's too bad about Emilie but if she wasn't planning on going in the first place there's no hard feelings. I was hoping Sandrine might get consideration for a doubles spot but it would be hard to give it to her a spot over the other girls being she's just playing part time. I also agree with Scotty and the others posters that it would make more sense if the doubles pairings were switched.

:wavey:

Mariangelina
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Allez Frenchies!!! :bounce:

Mary and Amélie together :hearts: And congratualtions Tatiana! :hug:

Bероника
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Glad to read that Emilie didn't want to play in the first place cause it would have been pretty unfair to exclude her from the team.

Allez Momo!!!
Allez Nat Dechy!!!

griffin
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:30 PM
I hope Loit really didn't want a spot and wasn't just avoiding a scene - I've really started to like her.

None the less, ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

GermanBoy
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:36 PM
My favorite French team would have been:

Amélie Mauresmo
Mary Pierce :hearts:
Emilie Loit :D
Virginie Razzano :hearts:

Sébastien Grosjean (we have to pick him as French No. 1)
Arnaud Clément
Fabrice Santoro
Arnaud di Pasquale :hearts:

If Nathalie Tauziat :hearts: still played she would have got the spot of Emilie Loit.

Merci! :worship:

monster
Jun 27th, 2004, 11:54 PM
I can't believe they didn't put Emilie in, or at least in doubles. That is a real shame

aimee20
Jun 28th, 2004, 02:18 AM

Emilie wants the best for french so she has to make a courage decision :lol:

casanovalover
Jun 28th, 2004, 02:30 AM
I disagree, Olympic games will be on hardcourt, Tatiana GOLOVIN is a way better on hardcourt than Emilie LOIT to my mind. Why unfair ....? That' s sports too.
Maybe that' s a bit cruel, ok, but, they had to choose .....

although i'm glad tatiana is playing i don't think we can really say that she is way better than loit on hardcourts yet. i mean emilie has come very close to beating serena and davenport on hardcourt in both the Australian and US Opens. tatiana made the Aus Open 4th round but in reality only beat smashnova (who sucks in slams, especially away from clay) and was demolished by raymond. i think loit could justifiably feel pissed off considering that she's ranked higher in singles than tatiani (not much anymore though i guess) and higher in doubles than maresmo, dechy (i think), pierce and golovin. maybe she didn't want to play doubles after being shunted in singles. didn't she say some harsh things to tati after the birmingham semis?