PDA

View Full Version : OK, I think it's now time to have my first bitch at the BBC.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Did anybody see "Today at Wimbledon" last night (9.30-10.30 BB2)??

I was really fucking shocked.

They showed the Rusedski match for the first 15 mins, then the Henman match for 15 more minutes, then the Goran Hewitt match for 15 mins, then they talked about tim's chances for 5 minutes, and they mamged to squeeze a tiny round up of the womens matches for like 3 minutes. They showed one point of the Serena match, and a 5 second shot of Lindsay and Amelie serving, they showed no points from the theyre matches, even though they are amongst the top seeds. They also only showed like 1 point of the womens SECOND seed going out!!!

I would have hoped to have like 3 or 4 points from the mens and womens top seeds, and show the press conferences of each player, but we have to listen to them bangin on about the men :rolleyes: . They didn't even show a proper point from the Capster V Baltacha, they just showed Elena scrambling from the back for like 10 secs.:mad: :rolleyes:

I think that the BBC have provided great coverage so far, but last night's show really took the fuckin biscuit.

Pamela Shriver
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:15 AM
The BBC have lost their way since I'm not there guiding them through this year. Fear not, normality (thats a first for me) will be restored by 2005.

sarza
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:15 AM
did you really expect anything different fron the bbc :lol:

wongqks
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:16 AM
yep the first really bad coverage from BBC.

But then to be fair yesterday was the day for the men. we should be thankful Rusedski is out, or we will have to endure more coverage of men next week

sarza
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:19 AM
one down one to go :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:23 AM
did you really expect anything different fron the bbc :lol:
well YES, because they focused on the Williams Sprem match for quite a while the night b4, but I just guess I got really frustrated coz I wanted to see some points from the Lindsay match coz I was out losing a shitty doubles match when she was playing :rolleyes:

Yeah Pam, i think your right, another thing thats frustrated me this year is your absence, I really look 4ward to seeing you next year:worship:

Virginia Wade
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Even I, HRH Virginia of Wade am disappointed with the British Broadcasting Corporation this year. They have relegated me to commentating on the passing traffic on Church Road :sad: Pffft to the Austin woman.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:30 AM
They are also showing Henman replay No.115643165465 ATM!

I can understand them wanting to focus on the British number 1, but i really can't understand them having to devote sooooooooooo much coverage of his matches, progress throughout the tourney and interviews.

Nemesis
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:38 AM
It just the proof of how desperate they are :p

controlfreak
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:44 AM
You know at times yesterday they even had the same bloody men's match showing on BBC 1 & 2 simultaneously!! And even when play had resumed on the website's scoreboard they continued to show repeats instead of going live. Infuriating!