PDA

View Full Version : Improving ESPN Coverage? Um, Kind of...

ktwtennis
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:30 AM
IMO their coverage has been very good so far, with showing much more live than in the past. However, do we need to see Andy's unspectacular second round match THREE times today? And could we get back from commercials on time please? Otherwise, their coverage has been better...

Thoughts?

alwayshingis
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:31 AM
i agree. they just need to get rid off that guy at the desk.

LindsayRocks89
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:35 AM
i think the coverage has been great so far :bounce:

ktwtennis
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Oh, and I forgot to mention the most-hated score box...

AK-DH Fan
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:49 AM
I agree, I am much happier with their coverage compared to the Australian or the French, but still they need to show a little less of Roddick. I am actually a fan of Rodick but seeing him win once is good enough. Seeing him win the same match 3 times afterwards gets to be a bit rediculous. During the rain delay, I think they also showed Serena's easy first round match over again and Henman. Those two matches(Serena & Henman FR Matches) were so boring and not that well played( Serena played good I guess) so when they showed them again it pissed me off because they could have shown a quality match from any court. ESPN still thinks that Americans only want to see American's play and that just isn't the case. Ever since then I have nothing to complain about. The next rain delay (there will be more) they should think about a quality match that will entertain all us tennis fans !!!!!! :) :)

Havok
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:54 AM
It's waaaaaaaaay better than their RG coverage. It's live and we've seen loads of different players. I agree that they can still improve, but I'm liking it so far.

Nobody's Perfecc
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I'm one of ESPN's biggest critics, but I'm glad they are improving their coverage. It seems like it's more of a grand slam tournament, especially when they switch matches live. I've always loved that from USA and TNT because I get the feeling that it's a tournament with simultaneous matches going on, as opposed to just showing matches one by one. They just need to stop showing Andy Roddick at least twice a day. I can barely take one set of Andy Roddick. Otherwise, thumbs up!

Jarrett
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Too much talking between matches. Show us tennis! Except for Martina's comments. I love to hear everything she is saying. :hearts:

Anna F'd Enrique
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:01 AM
that Suzy girl does a good job at the desk...

Jarrett
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Yes she does. For hardly knowing anything about the sport. AKAIK.

brickhousesupporter
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:07 AM
If you would like the coverage to continue like this might I suggest sending ESPN a letter and telling what you thought was good about their coverage. This might be helpful in maintaining the current level of coverage.

Cariaoke
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:18 AM
I think they have improved. More bitching might make it even better!

I love Suzy and Chris to pieces. :hearts: Suzy always does well on the NFL shows and Chris holds down College football. They might not know much but they always have their shit together... if we could just get the commentators to stop saying Venus when they mean Serena, they'd be stellar. I'm really impressed with the pronounciations of the player's names. Well done.

That dreaded scoreboard needs to be changed. I keep forgetting to read left to right and not up and down. It's particularly horrible for the 5 set matches. My eyes cross. :(