PDA

View Full Version : Capriati praises Baltacha

Grachka
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:46 PM
From the Wimbledon site:

Q. That was quite a match. Did she extend you more than you thought?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: Yeah, actually. I didn't expect her to play so well. She hit a lot of balls back, and she hit a big serve. I just kept looking at the radar. I was blinking my eyes, "Are those really coming like 116, 118 there?"

Q. Had you known much about her? Had you scouted her out beforehand?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: No, no. Just the people that are here with me said they watched a little bit of her match, the previous match. And I saw a couple highlights on TV. But that's about it.

Q. You knew nothing about her problems with her health, how she's battled back and all that?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: No.

Q. She is quite magnificent because she had this liver disease, it's incurable. She still came back and played to that level.

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: It's amazing. Happy for her that she's able to come back.

I heard something about it, but I didn't know exactly what the disease was.

Q. A good prospect. Do you think she can build on that?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: Yes. I mean, I think, you know, she's got potential. I think she has some talent there, especially on the serve. You know, I think maybe on other surfaces, maybe on hard court also, you know, would be to her advantage. She moves well. You know, I don't even know how old she is. I think she has potential, yeah.

Nice of Jennifer to say such nice things, it was a really competitive match out there. Something for Elena to build on :)

GermanBoy
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Jen :worship: :hearts: :worship:

Good luck next year, Elena Baltacha! ;)

Mrs. Peel
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Baltacha did play a very good match...she kept it competitive and when you thought she was completely down she fought back hard...WELL DONE!!!

*JR*
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Classy reply by Jen, and great 2C Bally recovered To This extent. :yeah: