PDA

View Full Version : Article: Dokic Looks Forward To Change

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Jelena Looks Forward To Change
25 June 2004
Source: http://www.gotennis.com/news/headline.apx?headlineID=0001

Jelena Dokic, the 21 year old daughter of controversial tennis dad, Damir Dokic, is reportedly seeking medical attention for her emotional and family problems, which she hopes will help improve her life on and off the courts. One of Damir Dokic's latest statements demanded that the Women's Tennis Association conduct doping and psychiatric testing to determine if Jelena was using illegal substances. He also accused Jelena's former coach, Borna Bikic and his brother Tino, Jelena's boyfriend of drugging her. Earlier in the week Jelena responded to Damir's claims, questioning whether her father was "trying to mentally ruin her", but earlier today Dokic said that she would "give her family one more chance of a possible reconciliation with proper counseling." I finally realized that in order to perform to the best of my abilities, that I have to be mentally healthy, and a huge chunk of it is being able to maintain a good relationship with your family... I guess you could say in a way, I was blind (chuckles)."

Jelena's withdrawal from the Wimbledon Doubles Championship was due to her preparing for her therapy in United States. Double's partner, Magdelena Maleeva, totally understood the situation and said that "Jelena's family is her #1 priority and that she wishes her well in the future."

Jelena has also decided to rid her coach Borna Bikic most likely due to the string of first round match losses. Her ranking has dropped from World #4 to a disappointing # 25 and has not won a tournament since Birmingham of 2002. She stated that she will continue to maintain a professional relationship with the Bikic brother, but "felt it was time for a much needed change" in her tennis game. "I want to start on a clean slate and I believe that ending the coaching relationship with Borna will help." Dokic also hopes to reunite with her mother, Lilijana, her father Damir, and most of all, her 13 year old brother Savo in public sometime around the U.S Open. Jelena will also begin working again with Damir, doing intense training to prepare for the latter stages of the U.S. Hardcourt season. Due to the counseling, Jelena will only enter two hardcourt tournaments leading up to the U.S. Open, The Rogers AT&T Cup and The Pilot Penn Tournament stating that it was "important for her to be relaxed, stree free, and energetic in order to have good results." I'm looking forward to change for the better and hopefully I will begin to produce good tennis..again." Damir Dokic could not be reached for comment.

Mase
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Not so sure about her working w/her Dad again but...

Overall good for her. If your not happy off the court your never going to be happy on the court thats sure ;)

LindsayRocks89
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:58 PM
i wish you the best Jelena, come back strong :D

Havok
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:11 AM
It's good that she's getting help for all her off-court troubles. I'm a little iffy about Damir coaching her again, but I wish Jelena the best. :rocker2:

AK-DH Fan
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:12 AM
I'm glad she's taking a break from tennis! It's certainly about time. This is the only way we will ever see some good tennis from her. I'm assuming she will withdraw from Stanford and ,like the artcle said, will train towards the end of the summer. Hopefully all of her family will be cooprerative to straighten out their problems. Most importantly, I hope that Damir will try to fix whatever problem he has with Jelena.

Hope to see u back Jelena! Good Luck!

Havok
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Your link doesn't work. This is a true article right?:o

~RedRose~
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:24 AM
"Jelena's family is her #1 priority and and that she wishes her well in the future." would maggie say that "she" wishes her well. wouldn't she say I

and also stree instead of stress ..... maybe this article is made up.

jbone_0307
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:25 AM
I though it wasn't going to work, let me find the other one. Its true, I had somebody online showed it to me.

jbone_0307
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:29 AM
This better be true because I was getting my hopes up. Im trying to check with the guy right now. He gave me the site.

~RedRose~
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:33 AM
did u actually visit the site? how did u get the article?

jbone_0307
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:34 AM
somebody sent it to me on e-mail.

~RedRose~
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:36 AM
it is ob made up :rolleyes:

ktwtennis
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Hopefully, her dad will attend some therapy with her...I feel so sorry for her...Jelena, you are in my prayers!

jbone_0307
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:40 AM
it is ob made up :rolleyes:

No, it cant be!!! He said it was legit, I will wait until another site releases it. I was getting soo happy for her!

~RedRose~
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:41 AM
it isnt on gotennis well at least i cant find it

PatM04
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:42 AM
I don't think that Damir being the coach is the best idea but I wish her the best in her reconcilliation with her family and the rebuilding of her game!

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:45 AM
FAKE :sad:

jbone_0307
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Omg I Cant Believe He Would Do Something Like This Omg!!! I Feel Dumb :( :( :sad: Im Sorry Everybody :mad: :sad:

Havok
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Give the person who sent this to you HELL!! This isn't something to joke about :tears:

Philip
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:56 AM
uff. :(

AK-DH Fan
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:02 AM
This would have been a great change :sad: jbone: I know u didn't mean it, just make sure u get the link next time u post. :sad:

Hope she does do this in the future :wavey:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:02 AM
oh my god. Why would someone do something like this to jelena's fans? :mad:

jbone_0307
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:05 AM
I didn't even scan over it or click on the link because I was really excited about it. Im really sorry :sad:

jbone_0307
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:07 AM
oh my god. Why would someone do something like this to jelena's fans? :mad:

I didn't mean to make anybody mad. I posted it because I thought it was true. Im sorry for not checking into it more. I wanted it to happen too. :(

jbone_0307
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Well, I cussed his ass out and blocked him.