PDA

View Full Version : i was at the Venus-Sprem match and....

SJW
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:22 PM
guys i'm not gonna even bother reading through the bullshit i've missed for the past two days but i read little bits and i have to say this is getting out of control. on court at the Venus-Sprem match, any half wit could tell something was wrong. both players hesitated and kinda stared at each other. i dunno if it's trying to come up with excuses for Venus' loss, or thinking K-Lina is over hyped or what but she did not deserve half of this bullshit. maybe she should have said something, but maybe the linesperson should have been louder, maybe the ump should have been LOOKING at things such as whether the linesperson's hands were up or down, and maybe V shoulda said something. fact is Sprem won and while i was really bummed for Venus, i don't want K-Lina to get this tag of being a cheat or a dirty player because she's not. she's a lovely girl and gave the centre court crowd something to watch. IMO it was not the result i wanted, but i can accept it and move on.

plz do the same, thanks :)

ps they're both even more stunning in person :hearts:
AJMO K-LINA!

AjdeNate!
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Ajmo SJW!!!!!!! :kiss:

Thanks honey!!!

Martian Willow
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:26 PM
:worship:

:wavey:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:27 PM
SJW :worship:

SelesFan70
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:30 PM
guys i'm not gonna even bother reading through the bullshit i've missed for the past two days but i read little bits and i have to say this is getting out of control. on court at the Venus-Sprem match, any half wit could tell something was wrong. both players hesitated and kinda stared at each other. i dunno if it's trying to come up with excuses for Venus' loss, or thinking K-Lina is over hyped or what but she did not deserve half of this bullshit. maybe she should have said something, but maybe the linesperson should have been louder, maybe the ump should have been LOOKING at things such as whether the linesperson's hands were up or down, and maybe V shoulda said something. fact is Sprem won and while i was really bummed for Venus, i don't want K-Lina to get this tag of being a cheat or a dirty player because she's not. she's a lovely girl and gave the centre court crowd something to watch. IMO it was not the result i wanted, but i can accept it and move on.

plz do the same, thanks :)

ps they're both even more stunning in person :hearts:
AJMO K-LINA!

:bowdown:

DunkMachine
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:32 PM
How come you didn't YOU yell out and say something SJW. It's all your fault Venus lost you &*^%. Seriously, the crowd could have made a little more noise to indicate something was up.

Sonja
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Nice to read a mature post! Thanks SJW :D

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:33 PM
NO!

Never!

The press here are having a field day. We need some controversey here in the states and they are playing it UP!

Bright Red
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:39 PM
I also think that it's too hard to guess what's going on in someone's head; and I won't accuse Sprem of cheating. I also thought it was cool of her to praise Venus during her post-match interview.

However, I can understand how some might be suspicious of her. As Roddick put it, this was the match of Sprem's life, so many might believe that she was more aware of the score than Venus. Also, she's the one who benefited from the error. Again, it's pure conjecture.

SJW
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:49 PM
i think that when you're in the deep stages of the match of your life, you're focusing on so many things more than the score. i mean even Serena is guilty of not paying attention to the score (see: vs Dokic, 02 tour champs, thanks) . i know that when i have played competitive sport in the past, i have had to ask the umpire what the score is at stages because sometimes your mind just goes blank. i am 100% certain she wasn't playing for an unfair advantage, and i'm sorry but i really can't stand people calling her of all people a cheat.

a lot of people are asking me [i]why didn't you guys tell the ump he was wrong? to be honest, it was a match full of dramatic twists and turns, and i was looking at the rallies more than the scoreboard. maybe somebody SHOULD have yelled out, but i guess you're looking at the wrong crowd to call out the blunders. fact is, the crowd SHOULDN'T have to be correcting errors like this. should we be noting every little thing that goes on? i think paying £40 for that ticket, we shouldn't be playing "spot the error" :shrug:

Havok
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:53 PM
:rocker2:

but this topic needs to be put to rest. It's getting old fast :yawn:

Bright Red
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:56 PM
I think a lot has to do with the way your mind works, too. Personally, I am able to keep track of the score in a tennis match without an umpire and as I'm playing. I've never played professionally, but I would imagine the pressures of being in front of a crowd would make it more difficult to keep track.

Bottom line, although Venus' loss was painful to see; the worst part is that she had her chances. A lot of chances. That the match was unfair makes it slightly more bitter.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:57 PM
You´re right...Karolina played well and totally deserved to win. Now that I´m over my madness about the umpire, I can say it freely.

justine&coria
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Just a question : why is it different when it's about Justine (at RG last year) ?

jrm
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Trusting Karolina but how come Venus didn't notice :shrug: another indicator Venus' thoughts are somewhere else

jrm
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Was it Lynn Welsh :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Joana
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Just a question : why is it different when it's about Justine (at RG last year) ?
DON'T START THAT, PLEASE!

Calimero377
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:08 PM
NO!

Nowdays, you have to Cheat a Williams to Win.

Being called "Raymond", "Myskina" or "Capriati" will do .....

;)