PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay, we don`t want to lose you...

GermanBoy
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Just read this one and I am shocked... :eek:

By Matthew Cronin

FROM WIMBLEDON – Lindsay Davenport told ******************** that her aching surgically repaired right knee would likely cause her to retire soon. Davenport, who reached the third round of Wimbledon, won't play the Olympics and is looking at Wimbledon and the US Open as her last two great chances to win her fourth Slam. (http://www.********************/member/actCheck.cfm?goto=news_TD_062404.html)

Lindsay, we don`t want to lose you. :sad: Please think about your retirement another time. Is her knee that worse? :confused:

cool bird
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:50 PM
No way. Please dont let it be true

Cuddles
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Go Vera.

Andrew.
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Lindsay. :sad:

Andrew.
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:09 PM
I'm glad people care so much about Lindsay's future.

Cuddles
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:19 PM
:haha:

selesfan87
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Looking at it from her point fo view, shes played so much and done so much, had so much success. Shes also married. If I was her I would limit how much I play and only play for fun [this is what she is doing right?] But now shes injured, does she really want to carry on properly? I know I wouldn't really.

davenport_1
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:32 PM
*sad* but I wish her luck in her life after tennis and in raising a family...now go get Wimbledon Lindsay!

LindsayRulez
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:37 PM
No Lindsay, please stay as long as possible!

galadriel
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Lindsay :sad: :sad:

alwayshingis
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:08 PM
now I really want her to win Wimbledon!

arcus
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:10 PM
she did say she was going to reture a while back and changed her mind cos her injuries improved. not impossible that that will happen again, although I think being married might "push her over"

LindsayRocks89
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Lindsay :sad: you have done soo much for tennis and are a great player, it will be very sad when you do retire :sad: but i will remember you for more than just your tennis abilities, also your personality, i think you are one of the most gracious, nicest person ever :D Good luck winning wimbledon :bounce: and i wish you the best of luck in your future as a tennis player and as a person :worship:

CJ07
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:19 AM
while I hope she doesn't retire, its probably what's best for her. Think about it, she's achieved most all her goals, she knows she's not the best, and she doesn't want to settle to be a 6-10 player.

Also, she's married now. Different priorities

CJ07
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:24 AM
and most importantly, it doesn't make sense to put her future life at jeopardy only to play on-again off-again tennis....I dont think it means enough to her

PatM04
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Please stay at least through 2005 Lindsay:)

tterb
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:46 AM
Lindsay :sad: It will be sad when you do decide to retire... but I won't forget the way you conducted yourself: like a classy champion, always, whether on or off the court. Stay and play as long as you are enjoying yourself (a few more years, hopefully! ;) ), and then have a wonderful life with your family and all else you pursue when you're finished with tennis!

Go Linds! :clap2:

Just_lindsay
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:46 AM
I LOVE LINDSAY!!!!

:smooch: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :worship: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

WIN WIMBLEDON 04, BABY! :bounce: :bounce:

Cariaoke
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:57 AM
That's just... sad.

But she has to do what is best for her and her health.

I wish you all the best, Lindsay no matter what you decide to do. :) :hearts: I hope you get your 4th slam before you retire.

tterb
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:04 AM
But she has to do what is best for her and her health.

I wish you all the best, Lindsay no matter what you decide to do. :) :hearts: I hope you get your 4th slam before you retire.

Amen, rokkstarr! :D

Jarrett
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:04 AM
This is VERY sad to hear. :( I hope she can reach her goal. She really had a chance at the French. :tape:

#1 Lindsay
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:14 AM
That is so sad to hear i have seen it coming for so long but this injury just sort of appeared i hope for lindsays sake she wins wimbledon which is now very possible please lindsay stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bis2806
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Okay please not let this be true :sad: Lindsay please don't goo!!!!!!!

Leo_DFP
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:01 AM
I've thought for a while that she would retire this year either after the US Open or the LA Champs. So if this year's Wimbledon and USO do become the last two Majors played in her career, I would not be surprised. It's unfortunate considering how she really re-found her motivation this year after an uninspirational and disappointing 2003 (for her). If she was able to stay healthy, she might have gone on to play another year, but that doesn't look like it's possible. :( :sad:

Right now I'll be happy as long as her knee holds up for the upcoming week.

Jane
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Lindsay has said before that she would like to have children before she is 30 so retiring at the end of this year makes sense. She has had a fine career and if she is playing in pain now because of her knee it seems a fitting time to move on to other things. She will be missed and I hope she stays involved with tennis after her retirement.

Kart
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Lindsay's not gone yet !!!

She still has a chance for a big finish here.

bello
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Lindsay has had a great alround career, and unlike the Seleses or Capriatis, she wont really have to say "what if.." after her retirement, lets hope she can finish well at the end of this tournament. Although if she does very well at Wimbledon adn the US, it may motivate her to give it one more year, but seems maybe not.

silverwhite
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Lindsay :sad: Hope she at least makes the Wimbledon final.

MrYonex
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:48 AM
I hope that she will feel better at the end of the year and continue playing. I also hope that Monica Seles will get healthy too and be able to come back! :bounce: :wavey:

Experimentee
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:02 AM
She has a good chance to make the final here now that the draw has opened up. Maybe if she plays well in the final she'll sneak out a win and end her career on a high note.

CooCooCachoo
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Please think about your retirement another time

This is very selfish :p If her knee is hurting so much, she should quit regardless of what you want. It is best for her in general.

Sally Struthers
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Lindsay, you go and win Wimbledon as your big last swan song and retire.