PDA

View Full Version : I think Jen got it just right when asked about the Point-Gate

CapFan#1
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Well said Jen....
Q. If you were confronted with a situation where your opponent got a free point due to an umpire's mistake, how do you think you'd handle it? What goes through your mind in such a situation?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: You know, it's hard for me to comment because I just couldn't imagine being in that situation. You know, I don't think ‑‑ I don't know. To let that happen. I know nobody in my box would have let that happen. They would have been like, "Wrong score!"

But, you know, afterwards, I mean, I just can't comment on it because I don't know how I would feel in that situation. It's never happened. But it would just kind of be bizarre. I don't know.

Q. Were you watching yesterday? What went through your mind at the time if you were?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: Yeah, I was watching it live. I was just like, you know, listening to the commentators on BBC. They were like, you know, "What is going on?" I was just like, "Oh, my gosh, this is really weird. I can't believe this is happening."

Then, you know, just kept going. And it just ended that way. I was just like, "Wow." You know, couldn't believe it.

Q. What were your observations of how Venus handled that?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: I think she handled it well. You know, obviously it was ‑‑ they obviously were confused and probably just so intense on the match. You know, that can happen. Definitely you're just so into the playing that you're not paying attention to the score. So I don't know. I don't think the players can be really blamed for that, but...

:worship::worship::worship:

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:00 PM
how could richard stay quiet on such an important point?!

GermanBoy
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Jen :worship: :hearts: :worship:

The Crow
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:10 PM
lmao, do they ask this to every player? :lol:

Joseosu19
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:12 PM
lmao, do they ask this to every player? :lol:Probably...its probably all going to go towards an article or something.

griffin
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:12 PM

Seems they did just that.

Saves having to think of a real question :lol:

SelesFan70
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:30 PM

Exactly....as if they'd ask Venus, "What the fuck was up with your forehand, girl?!?!" eventhough they should! :o

Spunky83
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:35 PM

I guess he was so scared of what he saw on court and was as nervous as everyone else...I mean, the german commentator didnīt even notice it (u know that I HATE our DSF-channel commentators anyway) and I was like:"WAIT! Where did that point come from? But then I was thinking...no it must have been me mistaking." The same must have happened not only to the crowd, the players but also to Richard.

And Jen: Very nice and very smart...If you donīt know, just donīt tell something in order to say something :confused:...and again CapFan, I share the same opinion, this must be a "fucking" virus or something :wavey:

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:42 PM

Shut up Already!!!!

I'm so sick of you. You been whinning all day. Move on already.

You are worse than Monica's fans. Just get stuck and stays there.

Truthwillout
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Shut up Already!!!!

I'm so sick of you. You been whinning all day. Move on already.

You are worse than Monica's fans. Just get stuck and stays there.

The plot thickens