PDA

View Full Version : LOL: Look how well Myskina knows Wimbledon..."What is the graveyard of champions?"

Spunky83
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:52 PM
LOL...this post-match interview answer of Nastya really made me laugh, since everybody knows the famous story about court 2...

Q. Were you aware of the reputation of that court as the graveyard for champions?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: What is that?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...and no it wasnīt a language problem...

But what a classy loser (as usual):
Q. You said when we spoke yesterday you felt maybe you didn't have enough time between games. Did that affect you in the final set today?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, I was pretty slowly today. I didn't move as well as I should move. And I think I just deserved to lose this match because I wasn't really ready to win.

Amy was playing pretty good, I think, and she really want to win the match. :worship:

That reminds me...I think she wasnīt only slow in a physical way today:
Q. Does it make you more determined to come back next time?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No. I mean, if you mean for Wimbledon?
...and she nearly pulled a "Safin" with that answer, thank God she got the question in the end;)

Good luck for the next tourney, Nastya!!! ;)

volta
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:31 PM
LMAO. i didnīt saw her match did she played bad? or was Amy 2 good for her?

Spunky83
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:38 PM
LMAO. i didnīt saw her match did she played bad? or was Amy 2 good for her?

...bad, just like she said, though I think she fought off a record breaking 5 match points, but it wasnīt enough for the sixth...ok, itīs not record breaking, but however, what an effort!

volta
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:46 PM
what the hell is happening with Wimbledon this year? first was Kuz then Venus now Myskina MG itīs cursed it has to be.

GermanBoy
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Spunky83, now that Myskina lost, I can`t tease you any more... :eek: :o

Truthwillout
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:56 PM
I see it as the opposite of a curse as it will now be unpredictable in that bottom half and after Kim/Justine and Serena/Venus finals it will again be a different final like at RG. Well done to the lower ranked players for stepping it up and taking these girls on ---> surely a good thing not a curse :) :D

Not sure about a dark horse winner this year. But it sure would be great

Spunky83
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Spunky83, now that Myskina lost, I can`t tease you any more... :eek: :o

ahhh...nice to hear from you again, you know Iīm not really sad about her loss, she played awful and I think she needs time to rest.

By the way: What happened to Alicia? :kiss: ;)