PDA

View Full Version : How other players would react if their opponent got a free point

JennyS
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:59 PM
This is how I think other players might have reacted, had their opponent been given a free point in a match:

John McEnroe: "You cannot be serious!!!! Are you deaf?!! The damn lineswoman just said out. It was out!!!!!!"

Jimmy Connors: "Are you crazy? I'm out here workin my butt off and you give him a free point? You are an abortion!"

Andy Roddick: "Are you blind? It's 2-1 in the tiebreak! What is wrong with you?! You know that thing called a hearing aid? Get one!"

Jennifer Capriati: "What?!! 2-2? She called fault! Call the f-ing referee!"

Serena Williams: "What? Were you too busy staring at my outfit to notice that her serve was out?"

Lleyton Hewitt: "Commme onnnn! That lady just called the serve out. It ain't 2-2 matey! I'll see you in court you spastic blimp!"

Kim Clijsters: "Please, Mr. Linesperson, sir, I think that lady called the ball out."

ys
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Marat liked it. He has even pulled down his pants in anticipation..

fammmmedspin
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:04 PM
I have fond memories of Jana Novotna at Brighton after questioning a Ted Watts line call walking away with her back to him doing an impression of milking a one teated cow (or more exactly something long that hangs between a bulls legs)

Allez-H
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Justine:Whaaaaaaat???2-2?For sure zhe ball was out...Tssss,talk to the hand mister umpire *holds up her hand*

JennyS
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Justine:Whaaaaaaat???2-2?For sure zhe ball was out...Tssss,talk to the hand mister umpire *holds up her hand*
Good one!

HectorMagnus
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:09 PM
This is how I think other players might have reacted, had their opponent been given a free point in a match:

John McEnroe: "You cannot be serious!!!! Are you deaf?!! The damn lineswoman just said out. It was out!!!!!!"

Jimmy Connors: "Are you crazy? I'm out here workin my butt off and you give him a free point? You are an abortion!"

Andy Roddick: "Are you blind? It's 2-1 in the tiebreak! What is wrong with you?! You know that thing called a hearing aid? Get one!"

Serena Williams: "What? Were you too busy staring at my outfit to notice that her serve was out?"

Lleyton Hewitt: "Commme onnnn! That lady just called the serve out. It ain't 2-2 matey! I'll see you in court you spastic blimp!"

Kim Clijsters: "Please, Mr. Linesperson, sir, I think that lady called the ball out."

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Truthwillout
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:10 PM
There was also Gabie Sabatini mocking the umpire and linesmen for what she thought was a wrong call by doing an impression of a blindperson walking with a cane

Kacey
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:46 PM

:lol: good one....

Smackie
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:50 PM

No, it's impossible, coz she gets all the 'free points' by showing her hands, her opponent won't have a chance.

Otherwise why bother calling her 'THE HAND'!

Sally Struthers
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Venus: I know it was out! She knows it was out! Everyone knows it was out except for you!

oops :angel: :devil:

Spunky83
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:53 PM
No, it's impossible, coz she gets all the 'free points' by showing her hands, her opponent won't have a chance.

Otherwise why bother calling her 'THE HAND'!

Do you guys ever noticed that Justine ALWAYS puts up her hand when the opponent is going to serve? Maybe itīs a reflex...or the crowd is just always too loud...just wondering

Andrew.
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Lindsay: Are you a fucking retard? (She said that once, too. :tape:)

Kacey
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Venus: I know it was out! She knows it was out! Everyone knows it was out except for you!

oops :angel: :devil:

hey!! i remember Venus saying that!!! back in like, i dunno, a few years ago!!

wow......

Allez-H
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Do you guys ever noticed that Justine ALWAYS puts up her hand when the opponent is going to serve? Maybe itīs a reflex...or the crowd is just always too loud...just wondering
Always stick to a winning formula ;)

Sally Struthers
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:06 PM

wow......

it was against novotna, the year she beat tauziat

Kacey
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:12 PM
yeah! i guess.....
lol..thats funny though!! :lol:
it seems Venus has changed now...

Smackie
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:20 PM
She has changed a lot. She is such a classy player now. Maybe she should change her name to Serene or something.

Hingiswinsthis
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Hingis would just walk around the net;)

RainyDays
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Hingis would just walk around the net;)

OMG. :spit: :spit:

ASDFASDFASDF. I'm on the floor. :lol: :lol:

cool bird
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:04 PM

wow......

I wish I had seen that match. I can't believe the ice queen of the court really shouted at a umpire.

We need that Venus a little bit yesterday.

Kacey
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:08 PM
haha....it wasnt funny at the time, but i find that really hilarious for some reason!! "Everyone knows it was out except for you!" :lol:

lol....oh god...

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:16 PM
aaahhhh Venus....back against Novotna at wimbledon ī98..and indeed the ball WAS out. Venus you should have said that yesterday!! :mad: :fiery:

Strange Famous
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:16 PM
McEnroe was talking about that on the BBC, I can almost HEAR how he would hav reacted in my mind!!!

Brαm
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:21 PM

:haha: :yeah:

Vass22
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:47 PM
:haha: Hilarius! Especially the Kim part! :yeah:

AnDyDog621
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:47 PM
ANY1 kno where i could get like a media video on Venus when she said that??

Spunky83
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:51 PM
I donīt know if you guys ever watched that top ten of outbursts on court? Eurosport often shows it when they have a few minutes left...itīs hilarious...Andy made the top ten twice ("Youīre an idiot")

Allez-H
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:34 AM
I donīt know if you guys ever watched that top ten of outbursts on court? Eurosport often shows it when they have a few minutes left...itīs hilarious...Andy made the top ten twice ("Youīre an idiot")
Yeah,and Jimmy Connors was number one.His opponent questioned a linecal he asked for the ump to come and see it (it was on clay) but Jimmy C.sprinted to the other side of the net and erased the mark with his foot :eek:

Chunchun
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:37 AM
ME : Fuck u chair ump! :mad:

tennnisfannn
Jun 26th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Dokic: That point is over
Sesil K: I want my point back or I am kicking ass.
Myskina: To her her coach instead'F.... You!
Damir: The umpire needs to be tested for doping and while you are it check the draw officials too, this was rigged from the get go!
I can hear Oracene saying, sprem played well, move on to the next tourny. Shopping anyone?

Experimentee
Jun 26th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Dont forget Hewitt: "Go back to the satellites!"