PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Asian Ai and Tamarine, who will win?

wongqks
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Guaratee Asian in quarterfinal wohoo, who do you think will win

btw so happy to see Ai find back her form

tamarine is queen of Wimbledon last 16, but she has a real chance to go one further this time

DiZZiA
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Great to see more Asians doing well on the tour nowadays... ;)

Hard to pick who's going to win..... but I want to see Tammy advances!!! She reached the 4th round at Wimbly 5 times in a row from 1998 - 2002..... I think its time for her to break it through.... ;)

silverwhite
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:01 PM
My head says Tammy, my heart says Ai. Regardless of the result, it's great to have an Asian in the QFs. :bounce:

alwayshingis
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:03 PM
I wish I could have actually seen one of them play. But Ai has had more success in her career...so I'd like to see Tanasugarn advance.

New
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:05 PM
I really wish Tamarine would go far here. It's about time since she has been in the fourth round for like 5-6 years?

Pls win the match Tammy!!! :bounce:

alwayshingis
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:06 PM
I really wish Tamarine would go far here. It's about time since she has been in the fourth round for like 5-6 years?

Pls win the match Tammy!!! :bounce:

6 of the last 7 years in the 4th round....that's incredible.

King Aaron
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Hopefully Tammy goes 1 round better than her previous best. :yeah:

Slumpsova
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:38 PM
6 of the last 7 years in the 4th round....that's incredible.
and thinking about she'd never been the first 16 seeds. that's more incredible.

:worship: @ Tammy. i can see the road to SF.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:41 PM
I most definitely pick tamarine to move on over Ai

Anna F'd Enrique
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:50 PM
of the two, i think tanasugarn will win

Stephieva
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:53 PM
tammy will win...:bounce:

AnDyDog621
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:07 PM
go AI!!!

Libertango
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:13 PM
I'm just happy to see them both reach this stage, both have had a difficult year. Don't mind who wins, I love Ai a bit more, but it would be great to see tammy finally get past the 4th round! :p

crazillo
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Tammy...

jirobkk
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Lot of people coming here.

To beat Ai, Tammy has to play aggressive and finish the point early.

C'mon Tammy, make one step more...

shap_half
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:52 PM
I don't have a problem with the title at all, but I wonder how other people would feel if the Chanda vs. Serena was a match and someone made a thread that said: "Battle of the Blacks"?

It's just something to think about

TartarVicario
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Tammy in two ;)

Farina Elia Fan
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:04 PM
I really hope Tammy wins :) :) :)

Nicky2002
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:34 PM
I like both players but I really hope Tammy wins. :)

Go Tam!

propi
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Vamos Tammy :bounce: :bounce:

peanuts
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:47 PM
most probably Tammy..her record at wimby is just so consistent,
its hard to see Ai breaking that one...Ai had stuggled with some of her
matches especially the one against Amanda Janes...

ex hopman
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:04 PM
but last two matches of Ai... she played better and better...
Especially on the third round.... Ai's play!! OMG! That was incredible!!
She moves so quick, got aces from everywhere...

I haven't watched how Tammy played this week... so who knows... but it'll be fun!!

Go both of them!! ;)

sarza
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:41 PM
tammy

Leo_DFP
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:43 PM
I think Tanasugarn will defeat Sugiyama. Neither one has been great in GS Round of 16 matches, so it's nice to know that one of them will win.

Al
Jun 27th, 2004, 03:39 AM
I agree Tammy has the best chance to beat Ai on grass. Because Ai is so quick on the court.
I hope Tammy could win
But Good Luck to both:)

pcrtennis
Jun 27th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I Want Them Both To Win!!!!!

wongqks
Jun 27th, 2004, 08:06 PM
I don't have a problem with the title at all, but I wonder how other people would feel if the Chanda vs. Serena was a match and someone made a thread that said: "Battle of the Blacks"?

It's just something to think about

Ha?

Hope you didn't find the title offensive, coz I am Asian and am proud of the fact that one of them will reach the last 8 of the most prestigious event in tennis every year

tterb
Jun 28th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Tammy's had more success on grass in her career, so I'd give her an edge... but Ai's such a fighter and her counterpunching style works well on any surface, it seems. Here's hoping that Ai can get out of her slump with a Wimbledon QF :hearts: (what has been up with her since Gold Coast :confused: ?)!

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 28th, 2004, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=wongqks]Ha?

Hope you didn't find the title offensive, coz I am Asian and am proud of the fact that one of them will reach the last 8 of the most prestigious event in tennis every year[/QUOTE

Its NOT offensive...things are different in the Asian community then in the black community.
Also..it does not SAY the battle of the ASIANS....its a very POSITIVE threadabout being PROUD to be asian and being PROUD to have two asian players in the Rd of 16 at Wimbledon 2004 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Good luck to BOTH girls :D :worship:

Grachka
Jun 28th, 2004, 12:45 AM
The title isn't offensive at all. In any case, Asia is a continent, so "Battle of the Asians" can be nothing to do with race, whereas "Battle of the Blacks" is.

ex hopman
Jun 28th, 2004, 03:09 AM
not offensive at all...

it rather sounds very nice for Asians in this case especially...

either Tammy or Ai could be a quarterfinalist this year at Wimbledon!! That's so great!!

Hope Ai makes it! after the long slump this year..

Veritas
Jun 28th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Hope Ai makes it! after the long slump this year..

Ah! So you finally admitted that Ai is the one who's in a slump this year after all ;)

I want Ai to win, but either way, I still think it's great that there'd be an Asian in the Quarters. Anyway, thanks to Pam and her wonderful habit of jinxing players she picks to win, I guess it's a given that Tammy would beat Ai today.