PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?!

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Maria Sharapova just broke Daniela again in the second-set with the help of a let-cord. She didnīt even apologize for it!! No, she pumped her fist even harder...

I remember how when Serena won a point against Maria K at the French in the same manner and didnīt apologize right away that there was a huge outcry...

Just waiting for the same outcry now.

XaDavK_Kapri
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:38 PM
I have mixed feelings about players who do that... I'm torn between liking their honesty (because no one is really sorry when the net helps) and being mad at their not following the tradition.

You shouldn't pump your fist though. No emotion at all would be the best reaction for when that happens. Don't say you're sorry, but don't shout a "come on" either.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:46 PM
But see: no outcry.....should have seen what happened when Serena did it....and how I hate those double-standards.

G1Player2
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Maria Sharapova just broke Daniela again in the second-set with the help of a let-cord. She didnīt even apologize for it!! No, she pumped her fist even harder...

I remember how when Serena won a point against Maria K at the French in the same manner and didnīt apologize right away that there was a huge outcry...

LOL...I noticed the same thing...Come on out people...I know you are out there...

SilK
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Come On, A Point Is A Point... If It Hits The Net Or Not... you can still ball your fist and be happy with the point. It's Wimbledon!

Truthwillout
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:50 PM
OMG, give it a rest, man. In your own little world, we know everybody's conspiring against your faves or not giving them their due.

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:52 PM
:haha:

I love Masha and Serena. I would do the same thing if I was in the heat of battle and a let cord went over if I hit it. If my opp hit it and it bounced back to their side, I wouldn't do the fist pump.

mandy7
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:53 PM
But see: no outcry.....should have seen what happened when Serena did it....and how I hate those double-standards.

oh stop feeling sorry for yourself with the double standard bullshit..

anyways, i hate guys who cry...so...

the bitch didn't say sorry and i screamed some nasty words at my tv for that
so don't worry.. you're not the only one who noticed it

Jarrett
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:54 PM
OMG, give it a rest. Stop acting like you are perfect. Do you actually think people that say sorry actually mean it. HELL NO.

Truthwillout
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=mandy7]oh stop feeling sorry for yourself with the double standard bullshit..

anyways, i hate guys who cry...so...

QUOTE]

:lol:

tennisluver99
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:56 PM
I think it's stupid when players apologize for let-cords, you know they don't mean it when they apologize.

Foot_Fault
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:57 PM

Stop Surfing for shit to bitch about...this and you are acting pathetic for this thread. It's Typical though.

This you did it so I will to mentality is Bitchy.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Then why was it wrong for Serena to do it, but no word about Maria doing the same now?! Whatīs the difference between Serena and Maria?!

apoet29
Personally, I wouldn't want someone to apologize for a let cord point. The person apologizing doesn't mean it anyway, so why bother?

Hiko

You're really stretching now.

Although I have to admire your perserverence... ;)

Truthwillout
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Then why was it wrong for Serena to do it, but no word about Maria doing the same now?! Whatīs the difference between Serena and Maria?!
Take a holiday, Bandie, you're boring the pants off everyone with your pathetic drivel

Truthwillout
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:03 PM
You're really stretching now.

Although I have to admire your perserverence... ;)

perseverare diabolicum est :)

ys
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:05 PM
From what I remember the netcord in a way helped Daniela, she just that netted an easy shot after that. You don't apologize when your netcord gives your opponent a sitter.

mandy7
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:26 PM
i can tell you 1 difference,
i'm not a fan of masha (anymore :p) but i can tollerate her
i can't stand serena.. and i'll never like it..uhm, i mean her

and what she did to my #3
is worse than what masha did to my #1
you know why? cause it's serena!
and i think she's a rude cow! :nerner:

now bring on the bad rep people.. :rolleyes:

The Crow
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:26 PM
lol bandabou. I'm pretty sure Serena doesn't care at all, why do you care so much? :lol:

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Stop Surfing for shit to bitch about...this and you are acting pathetic for this thread. It's Typical though.

This you did it so I will to mentality is Bitchy.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:41 PM

Let's look at this from a different perspective...

When Serena did it, you thought there was nothing wrong with it!

Now, when Maria does it, you want an outcry!

How's THAT for a double standard????

faste5683
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:51 PM

There was a HUGE outcry at my house -people were throwing cushions at each other and slapping their foreheads in frustration - along with much wailing and gnashing of teeth. "Why?" shouted one distraught family member, "why are tennis fans the world over so quick to jump on SERENA, then don't even bat an eye when that filthy Russian Sharapova is rude? It's an absolute crime..."

Helen Lawson
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:56 PM
At the Oscars, when they read the list of nominees, and it's you who wins, you totally have the urge to scream "Yes! Eat shit and die Elizabeth Taylor [or insert name of other nominee]." But you keep it nice and dignified and praise all the other nominees, even when deep down you're farting in your pantyhose you're laughing so hard over beating those other broads, and the other broads who later say "It was just great to be nominated" are sitting there gnashing their teeth and wanting to scratch your eyes out.

It's hypocritical to do what we do, but we are all dignified actresses after all.

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:59 PM
From what I remember the netcord in a way helped Daniela, she just that netted an easy shot after that. You don't apologize when your netcord gives your opponent a sitter.
thanks.

mboyle
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:01 PM
There wasn't even a huge outcry w/ the Serena thing.:confused: And, as YS said, it wasn't like the ball just bounced over the cord. It gave Dani a sitter that she missed.

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:02 PM
There was a HUGE outcry at my house -people were throwing cushions at each other and slapping their foreheads in frustration - along with much wailing and gnashing of teeth. "Why?" shouted one distraught family member, "why are tennis fans the world over so quick to jump on SERENA, then don't even bat an eye when that filthy Russian Sharapova is rude? It's an absolute crime..."

Awesome!

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:03 PM
AwwwwwLLLL

Shut up! You got another fave still playing. You wear your emotions on your sleeve like a little girl.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Let's look at this from a different perspective...

When Serena did it, you thought there was nothing wrong with it!

Now, when Maria does it, you want an outcry!

How's THAT for a double standard????

Neither was wrong...but why did people have to make a whole thread about it....btw wasnīt it you, mr williamshater, who made the thread?!

no1mariafan
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:11 PM
The net cord didnt give Maria any better chances of winning that point. It was always passing Dani.

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Neither was wrong...but why did people have to make a whole thread about it....btw wasnīt it you, mr williamshater, who made the thread?!

Wow. A whole thread about it. What an outcry!

BTW, it wasn't me that created the thread. I couldn't give a crap about net cords. I doubt I even commented on that thread.

Again, let's look at this from a different perspective...

You complain about someone starting a thread to bitch about Serena's net cord. Then you turn around and start another thread to bitch about the same thing (only a different player). How's THAT for a double standard? :P

beauty_is_pink
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:22 PM
for any netcord, the person who got the point should stick their hand up for respect, that's the right thing to do. i think pumping the first at a netcord is jus wrong.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Wow. A whole thread about it. What an outcry!

BTW, it wasn't me that created the thread. I couldn't give a crap about net cords. I doubt I even commented on that thread.

Again, let's look at this from a different perspective...

You complain about someone starting a thread to bitch about Serena's net cord. Then you turn around and start another thread to bitch about the same thing (only a different player). How's THAT for a double standard? :P

I guess that was my way of pointing out the wrongs in this world...

*JR*
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Sesil would have yelled @ her opponent: "See, I said I'm gonna kick your ass"! :devil:

Tompier
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Maria Sharapova ......

I remember how when Serena ....

Maria is 16 now, please don't make me remind you how Serena was acting while being in her age :mad:

Tompier
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:39 PM
But still what Maria did was horrible and has no place either in sport or tennis court.

shnit.
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:57 PM
i guess raising your hand to apologize on a netcord would be better than pumping your fist..

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Maria is 16 now, please don't make me remind you how Serena was acting while being in her age :mad: