PDA

View Full Version : OMG Karolina knew about it

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I just now realized that Karolina had to know about the umpire giving her a point because in the tiebreak she only served once. Not to take anything away from Karolina's win, she played great.

Berlin_Calling
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:25 PM
it's easy to lose track of how many times you served or your opponent served in a tiebreak, especially in a big match.

Spunky83
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:28 PM
I just now realized that Karolina had to know about the umpire giving her a point because in the tiebreak she only served once. Not to take anything away from Karolina's win, she played great.

Guessing, thatīs all. You know when I played against a friend lately on a competive basis I hit a ball and then she said "out"...I was like:"What? It never went out"...actually it was a SERVE I did that went out (ups), at least itīs what she was saying. I really thought it was a normal rally...I know itīs not Wimby ( :rolleyes: ), but there are situations where you just lose tracking the score, itīs stupid but it happens and Sprem AND Venus must have so nervous that they just didnīt focuse on the points but want to stay focuse on concentrating on their game.

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:32 PM
I understand that, but thats like having 40-Love on your service game and thinking that youve won the game when you have only played 3 points. They were on the wrong side of the court for god sake on Centre Court. They are both responsible for it, but like I said, she played great, and I dont want to take anything from the match.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Plus a confused person doesnīt usually smile if she senses something is wrong...

Jarrett
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:34 PM
get over it.

WorldWar24
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Venus lost ok. Sprem was too good and NO she did not steal anyone. After all, she did serve a 2nd serve instead of a first and Venus won the point. Who knows if Venus would have got that point if Sprem hit a first serve? :rolleyes:

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Plus she said said she was 100% on the match, seems like she was only 50% if she didn't know the score, same goes with Venus. But Venus didn't make herself seem stupid aloud

Principessa
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:36 PM
This is getting oh so boring.

AjdeNate!
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:11 PM
She obviously didn't know.... are you all so daft to forget she kicked in an 86mph SECOND SERVE that Venus spanked in the corner? If she "took" the point she would have been serving a FIRST SERVE on the DEUCE side. Right?

JoeB_UK
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:14 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=120976 ath please check here

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:16 PM
You donīt get it.....she KNEW that she got a point she didnīt win....and to stay in character she served the second-serve....

AjdeNate!
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:17 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=120976 ath please check here
Checked and answered (the best I know). :p

AjdeNate!
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:21 PM
You donīt get it.....she KNEW that she got a point she didnīt win....and to stay in character she served the second-serve....
And that's why she looked at the ballkid for a ball to serve again and they were being rolled to the other side. Right. If you watch it, she turns to get a ball to serve and the ballkid is rolling them to the net to be ready for Venus serve. Then she looks puzzled and turns to the chair who nods like "yes, this is right". Then Venus looks like "What?" and notices the balls on her side, so she grabs one and serves.

Truth is K-Lina didn't need to cheat to win, and she's far to honest and a not a shady player like you'd all like to think.

If you see it another way then whatever, but both players have acquitted each other of any wrongdoing. Even Venus said one point didn't cost her the match.

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Lots of confusion going on in this thread ...

harloo
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Sprem probably did know about it, but it still does not change the fact that Venus had many opportunities to close both sets out. Sprem was outplaying Vee from the baseline, but it was amazing that Vee was still in control of the match. It was just that Venus did not play the big points well.

;)

The Crow
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Wow. She really is evil then. If you have time to stay in character - besides playing great tennis - at such a moment.

:lol: This board really makes me laugh. I'm dredded Venus is out and I don't like Sprem (at all) but Sprem clearly was confused and knew that something was going on but had no idea what. Sprem was just (a little) too good for Venus and that's that. (Plus why the hell didn't Venus question that score? :mad: )

ys
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I just now realized that Karolina had to know about the umpire giving her a point because in the tiebreak she only served once.
And Venus received only once.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:28 PM
And that's why she looked at the ballkid for a ball to serve again and they were being rolled to the other side. Right. If you watch it, she turns to get a ball to serve and the ballkid is rolling them to the net to be ready for Venus serve. Then she looks puzzled and turns to the chair who nods like "yes, this is right". Then Venus looks like "What?" and notices the balls on her side, so she grabs one and serves.

Truth is K-Lina didn't need to cheat to win, and she's far to honest and a not a shady player like you'd all like to think.

If you see it another way then whatever, but both players have acquitted each other of any wrongdoing. Even Venus said one point didn't cost her the match.
Great observation here. This is so unfair to K-Lina.

apoet29
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Wow. She really is evil then. If you have time to stay in character - besides playing great tennis - at such a moment.

:lol: This board really makes me laugh. I'm dredded Venus is out and I don't like Sprem (at all) but Sprem clearly was confused and knew that something was going on but had no idea what. Sprem was just (a little) too good for Venus and that's that. (Plus why the hell didn't Venus question that score? :mad: )
Thank you for saying this! I really feel that Venus fans are so frustrated by her loss that they are taking it out on the wrong person. I love Venus, but she was outplayed yesterday and that point really didn't make any difference.

AjdeNate!
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Great observation here. This is so unfair to K-Lina.
Thanks, when you've seen it as much as I have (about 9-10 times now), the match that is.... you pick up on these things. I'b able to be objective about it, despite my fave being involved. That's what happened and I'm sure there was no ill will or malcontention between the two involved. I just wish everyone here could suck it up like V and K-Lina did.

Truthwillout
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:52 PM
This is getting oh so boring.

You can say that again :lol:

dylan24
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:08 PM
i hope sprem makes it to the SF and then sharapova bitch slaps her all over the court.
capriati vs sharpova in the final

The Crow
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:21 PM
capriati vs sharpova in the final
Err I object! ;)

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Thanks, when you've seen it as much as I have (about 9-10 times now), the match that is.... you pick up on these things. I'b able to be objective about it, despite my fave being involved. That's what happened and I'm sure there was no ill will or malcontention between the two involved. I just wish everyone here could suck it up like V and K-Lina did.
Venus didn't suck it up. She was pissed. She had to say the mature thing in the interview, she always does. The chair ump made 2 huge mistakes, that ended up taking away chances from Venus in the tiebreak and allowing Sprem to win the TB 7 points to 6.

Dokicfan17
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I just think it was wrong of Karolina not to say anything, it was a mistake and its over with and they are over it......but it just shows you what kind of players they are..or she is...she def. looked at the ball kid and umpire like "wtf" when he said 2-all...then she served from the same side on a new point...wrong

Tratree
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Ya'll need to quit worrying about what K-Lina and Venus did or didn't know and start worrying more about Venus' shaky forehand and second serve, because that is what lost her the match.

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Ya'll need to quit worrying about what K-Lina and Venus did or didn't know and start worrying more about Venus' shaky forehand and second serve, because that is what lost her the match.
:bowdown:

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Venus' second serve was fine in that match, did you even watch it??

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Venus' second serve was fine in that match, did you even watch it??
So that's why she double-faulted at set-point?

Princess Fiona
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:39 PM
I am sorry Venus lost - I think she is great and I think her behaviour is sooo classy (:worship: to Venus).

Karolina: this was a 19 year old girl playing the biggest match of her life... Her nerves would have been everywhere!! She had the opportunities to close out the match before, missed them and she must have been very nervous... Again, I think Venus is great but I was thinking about Karolina too. I just saw a 19 year old girl playing a big match and I didn't see anything else... (I didn't think of anything else!!)

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:41 PM
So that's why she double-faulted at set-point?
One DF makes her whole second serving day bad?? It's called pressure. Why did K-Lina DF to GIVE Venus 3 set points??? Was her second serve bad?? I love how you WS haters come on the board talking shit and don't even know what you're talking about. It really baffles me.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:43 PM
One DF makes her whole second serving day bad?? It's called pressure. Why did K-Lina DF to GIVE Venus 3 set points??? Was her second serve bad?? I love how you WS haters come on the board talking shit and don't even know what you're talking about. It really baffles me.
I agree with this.

Venus served well on this day, IMO.

G-Ha
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Yes, Venus served well, but got outplayed, which is why she lost...end of story. Venus had set points in the first set, had several set points in the second AFTER Karolina was awarded a point, and was still unable to take advantage of her opportunities. Venus knows this as does everyone else, save for some of her more deranged fans.

Strange Famous
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:50 PM
I dont think it matters, whether she knew or not, it isnt her problem. She's out there to play, not to tell the umpire he gave her one point too many.

decemberlove
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Plus a confused person doesnīt usually smile if she senses something is wrong...
right . cos we are all clones and have the same reaction to a situation as the next person

it's nice to see you know karolina and the rest of the human population SO well

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Sprem knew, but it was Venus' responsibility to do something about it.

ys
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Sprem knew, but it was Venus' responsibility to do something about it.
Who managed to teach you to post things making sense? :p

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Who managed to teach you to post things making sense? :p

The Zoo keeper that house your family.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:35 PM

Remind me of this when your fav losses a tie-breaker like this the next time, will ya.

tennisluver99
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:44 PM
What a bunch of crybabies. Get over it already.

SilviaFan
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:54 PM

I agree. K-Lina won the match and Venus lost, next please!!

Richie77
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:56 PM
What a bunch of crybabies. Get over it already. No kidding.

Go Karolina!

Joana
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Oh, give it up, Karolina. Your cheating techniques will never be as good as Justine's, so why even bother? :devil: ;)

Kabezya
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:30 PM

Why don't you get over the fact that some are still bothered by the match and are willing to express that? Get over it already.

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Oh, give it up, Karolina. Your cheating techniques will never be as good as Justine's, so why even bother? :devil: ;)

I agree!

rue
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:35 PM
I don't think that Sprem knew even when they replayed it she did not even change the expression on her face at all. She overall played better than Venus. We will never really know if she did but I don't think Sprem was even aware of what was going on. She is not to blame at all neither is Venus too.

Jericho
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:43 PM
It isn't Venus' responsibility to know the score...it is the UMPIRE's!!!! Thats what he's getting paid for...its his job not Venus' responsibility. She already has to worry about playing tennis, her game plan, the tiebreak, trying to get to a third set and people don't understand how she could have lost track of the score? wtf? when i play volleyball, i lose track of the score all the time.

The Crow
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:46 PM
when i play volleyball, i lose track of the score all the time.
Same here. When I play tabletennis or squash with my mate I tend to keep the scores. But sometimes I just lose track of them (or add a point of him to my points :devil: )