PDA

View Full Version : Ups...Roddick critizes Sprem "for taking a point from someone"

Spunky83
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Just read Roddickīs post-match interview...thatīs what he said after being asked whatīs the right thing to do in such a situation:

Q. If you were confronted with a situation like Karolina Sprem was yesterday where your opponent got a free point due to an umpire's error, what would you have done? What's the right thing to do?

ANDY RODDICK: Personally, I'd have trouble just taking a point from someone. You know, I've heard that no one noticed and stuff, but if it's the biggest match of your life, I'm figuring you know what the score is. That just seems like that would be the case.

But I'd have a real issue just pretending like nothing was wrong and just taking the point.

He answers from his position, but I think itīs pretty nasty from him to accuse Sprem of actually "taking" the point and "pretending like nothing was wrong"...it doesnīt really matter now if Sprem was cheating or not (and please donīt discuss this now), but I really hate to see Andy saying that Sprem was cheating all the way. Donīt misunderstand me, I am a big Roddick fan, but this isnīt the nicest thing he ever said. He shouldnīt comment something he doesnīt know...

Greenout
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Brad Gilbert is his coach, right? Figures. :tape:

Peer101
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Roddick is a dumbass

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:06 PM
He happens to have a point.

doby
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:08 PM
:lol:

What else have the boys of the atp got to talk about? Their Wimbledon has been one big :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

chris whiteside
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Roddick is entitled to his opinion - and he's right.

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Roddick is a dumbass

Not true! that's a well thought out response.

Peer101
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Roddick would not have said anything

G-Ha
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Oh, I didn't realize Karolina was calling out the scores and just decided to give herself a point...I thought it was the umpire who was responsible for the scoring.

And Roddick's statement suggests that Karolina was "pretending" not to notice and just willingly accepted the point. I suppose then by his logic, Venus was also "pretending" not to notice and just decided to give a point away.

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Sorry, but nowhere in the interview Roddick criticizes Sprem.
He did in an article I just psted.

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:17 PM
No, he didn't. He was speaking for himself.
If you read the article I just posted, he did criticize her.

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:18 PM
um doby, looks like he was asked the question. reading is fundamental...

Serena also had something to say about it... who is surprised...

“As a competitor and as a professional, you should be able to distinguish between right and wrong. I’ve never been in a situation like that before. I’m an honest individual. If I were in that situation, I know I’d make the right choice.”
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5295271/

I'm sure everybody around the world can agree that the players should have said something. Now if K-lina did it maliciously is anyone's guess. I don't think she did but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

doby
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:21 PM
um doby, looks like he was asked the question. reading is fundamentalHmm. Then maybe you should work on it then!
He could of just said no comment...but as usual they don't,and like I said the atp is one big yawn.

henree
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:23 PM
I thought I was the only one who thought there was something mischevious about Sprem's look, when she saw the score board. She had this barely there smirk, I thought it was a smirk of confusion, but maybe it was a smirk of getting away with murder... Go Serena, Go Roddick... :cool:

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:26 PM
The girl knew about it....everybody who thinks she didnīt are deluding themselves and specially Roddickīs comments confirm this.

WF4EVER
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Plain and simple, in the absence of Justine you have Sperm, or rather Sprem.

Some people do whatever's necessary to win, and if she accepted the point which she knew she hadn't rightfully won, it's dishonest.

But the match is over and she won so it's time to let it go. People who cheat go so far for so long; ask any cheater.

mariok
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:34 PM
IF IT WAS SO OBVIOUS THAT KAROLINA KNEW SHE HAD ONE MORE POINT, THEN WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T VENUS KNEW IT??? WAS SHE PLAYING ON PLANET VENUS INSTEAD OF EARTH?

:worship:

Principessa
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Hehe.

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Both knew the correct score, but they preferred to obey the umpire like will-less little sheep.

Jakeev
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:38 PM
The girl knew about it....everybody who thinks she didnīt are deluding themselves and specially Roddickīs comments confirm this.
That's a bullshit statement. That means Venus knew too and if she had won that set and perhaps the match. Well, let's just say the haters would have been out in full force.

Absolute rubbish.

THE NET
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Whatever, but Venus lost something like 3-4 set points in the second set TB. That's why she lost the match.

If it was Paradorn playing, I am sure he will give the point back!! ;)

Martian KC
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Oh gawd, keep making yourself look more of an ass, rodduck!:haha:

DunkMachine
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:01 PM
He says he'd have a problem with taking a free point, how does that make him a dumbass?! You people need to get your heads out of Sprems ass

esquímaux
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Not true! that's a well thought out response.
I thought you were gone? :scratch:

K-Dog
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Roddick was asked the question, he didn't just blurt it out! I don't like Roddick, but I don't disagree with him. Sprem knew what the score was, Richard said "what?" under his breath in the stands, but chose not to say anything. Richard of old would've said something. You could tell that Sprem knew what happened in her press conference. I know that english isn't her first language, but I could tell that she was lying about the situation with her responce to the question. Sprem knew it and should've said something, but in reality Sprem won that match. She was willing to take it to Venus and not allow Venus to dictate. Good for Sprem. I believe that Venus would've probably have lost the match anyway if they had played another point. Good luck to the rising star of Sprem and good luck against Meghann!!

AjdeNate!
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Hello.... KAROLINA SERVED A SECOND SERVE. Had she tried to "cheat" or "take" she would have moved to the deuce side for her next point. Obviously she had no idea. And Roddick and Serena need to keep the situation out of their mouths since they both admit to not even SEEING the match. So they are not qualified to know what happened.

Ajmo K-Lina!!

GermanBoy
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:11 PM
IF IT WAS SO OBVIOUS THAT KAROLINA KNEW SHE HAD ONE MORE POINT, THEN WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T VENUS KNEW IT??? WAS SHE PLAYING ON PLANET VENUS INSTEAD OF EARTH?
:eek: :scared: I will never fight with you... :bolt:

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:16 PM
using roddick's comments to confirm something "weak bridge, weak bridge!"

clementine
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Way to take Roddick's words out of context. Next time quote his entire interview. Here are his answers to some other questions about the Venus incident. I don't think he's criticizing Sprem at all:

Q. If you were confronted with a situation like Karolina Sprem was yesterday where your opponent got a free point due to an umpire's error, what would you have done? What's the right thing to do?

ANDY RODDICK: Personally, I'd have trouble just taking a point from someone. You know, I've heard that no one noticed and stuff, but if it's the biggest match of your life, I'm figuring you know what the score is. That just seems like that would be the case.

But I'd have a real issue just pretending like nothing was wrong and just taking the point.

Q. What do you think should be done with regard to the umpire who made that call?

ANDY RODDICK: That's not my issue. You know, obviously, you know, if players make mistakes and go over the line, then they get punished. So maybe it should be the same for umpires. But, you know, I mean, we all make mistakes. You'd hope that it's not on Centre Court at Wimbledon. If this had happened on Court 13 with a qualifier playing qualifier, we probably would never have heard of it.

You know, it's just unfortunate for him that it happened on a pretty big stage when someone was on the verge of an upset.

Q. What were you thinking about Venus Williams when she went through this yesterday?

ANDY RODDICK: I mean, I don't...

Q. What were your thoughts for Venus Williams, to have that sort of break against her?

ANDY RODDICK: I thought she handled it with a lot of class. I mean, I don't know what I would have done in that situation. Probably wouldn't have been pretty. But I think she was great about when it did happen. I think she was great afterwards, from what I've read, just saying, "Regardless, I'm still up 6-3."

I mean, I definitely have to respect the way she handled it. I mean, it's unfortunate. You know, probably behind the scenes she wants to kick someone. But, you know, I think it was pretty graceful the way she went about things.

Q. Were you surprised she didn't question the score? She obviously looked like, "Wait a minute, something is not right." She said later probably she did know something was wrong but she figured since no one was saying anything, she must have lost track of the score.

ANDY RODDICK: I can understand that maybe. I mean, I still think I'd like to know the score. But if everyone else is just going along with it, you know, obviously doubt creeps into your mind that, "Maybe I just spaced out." Then you have to face the question, "Am I really embarrassed if I ask if it's 3-1 and it's 3-2?"

I don't know. I've never been in that situation. Hopefully I won't have to be.

Q. Even more amazing was that the linesman that called the first serve out didn't get up and go to the chair and say, "I called that out, it wasn't a point."

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I don't know. There's a lot of scenarios. Something like that probably shouldn't happen at a tournament of this magnitude, but it did. You know, I guess that's that.

Q. Do you lose track of the score ever or are you pretty focused on that while you're playing?

ANDY RODDICK: I like to think in a tiebreaker I'd know what the score was. I don't recall. I'm sure we've all forgotten the score from time to time. But I don't know in a tiebreaker on Centre Court at Wimbledon if I was threatening to be on my way out, if I'd forget it. That seems to be something that would be on my mind.

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:17 PM
also, to say sprem knew something fishy was going on would suggest venus really had no clue...
why is it okay for venus to lose track of the score and not for karolina.
PEOPLE, she even looked at the ball kid to get the ball to serve at 1-3 but she saw that venus was given a ball...

Principessa
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Karolina is just pure EVIL.

K-Dog
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:20 PM
if the score was 2-2, then K-Lina would've foot-faulted and faulted on that serve.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:30 PM
The reason people arenīt worrying soo much about this is because they all are glad Venus lost....just like last year with the hand thing at RG with Serena.

Thatīs the whole thing about it....as long as a williams loses it doesnīt matter.

Funny to see how people wanna see a wrong as right just because it makes them glad to see a Williams lose. Last year people even said that it was Serenaīs fault for the hand thing and now it is Venus who should have known better than the umpire....

AjdeNate!
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:36 PM
The reason people arenīt worrying soo much about this is because they all are glad Venus lost....just like last year with the hand thing at RG with Serena.

Thatīs the whole thing about it....as long as a williams loses it doesnīt matter.

Funny to see how people wanna see a wrong as right just because it makes them glad to see a Williams lose. Last year people even said that it was Serenaīs fault for the hand thing and now it is Venus who should have known better than the umpire....
Some people actually like other players. *GASP* You say that people cheering when a Williams loses as bad. So, since my fave won yesterday does that make me a horrible person for clapping for K-Lina, and having good thoughts in my head?

Martian KC
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Hello.... KAROLINA SERVED A SECOND SERVE. Had she tried to "cheat" or "take" she would have moved to the deuce side for her next point. Obviously she had no idea. And Roddick and Serena need to keep the situation out of their mouths since they both admit to not even SEEING the match. So they are not qualified to know what happened.

Ajmo K-Lina!!

Agreed! :cool:

Joseosu19
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Andy doesn't criticize Karolina in the interview. He is asked what he would do if he knew that he was given a free point.

All4Williams
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I rather think that vens knew. But with the match and the crowd against her, Silence was the solution. If you only knew what the Williams sisters have had to endure in order to be you would understand why she would not have dared to question it.
Keep it quiet work for the next point is their moto and why is it so!!"

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:14 PM
this coming froma guy who ROUTINELY walks to his chair, thinking his serve game is over, AT 40-0!!!

Fingon
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Plain and simple, in the absence of Justine you have Sperm, or rather Sprem.

Some people do whatever's necessary to win, and if she accepted the point which she knew she hadn't rightfully won, it's dishonest.

But the match is over and she won so it's time to let it go. People who cheat go so far for so long; ask any cheater.
first, I don't know why you have to mention Justine, she is not even playing :rolleyes:

really, the hand incident has gone beyond tiring, and now it's edging obsession.

And now, I am not even a K-lina fan but this is just ridiculous, it was one single fucking point, and was she supposed to know everything?, I guess everyone is perfect, nobody ever makes an error whatever.

I am sure Roddick never had a bad call in his favour, what the fuck is the difference? in any case you get a point you didn't win. Happens all the fucking time, only that this time the affected was Venus Williams.

Venus herself was classy, and put the whole thing in perspective, and for anyone with some intelligence (including Venus) that point did NOT define the match.

And then you wonder why the media is so biased and people is so ignorant, no wonder if they dedicate pages and pages and bandwith to one damn fucking point, get over it already.

Truthwillout
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:24 PM
first, I don't know why you have to mention Justine, she is not even playing :rolleyes:

really, the hand incident has gone beyond tiring, and now it's edging obsession.

And now, I am not even a K-lina fan but this is just ridiculous, it was one single fucking point, and was she supposed to know everything?, I guess everyone is perfect, nobody ever makes an error whatever.

I am sure Roddick never had a bad call in his favour, what the fuck is the difference? in any case you get a point you didn't win. Happens all the fucking time, only that this time the affected was Venus Williams.

Venus herself was classy, and put the whole thing in perspective, and for anyone with some intelligence (including Venus) that point did NOT define the match.

And then you wonder why the media is so biased and people is so ignorant, no wonder if they dedicate pages and pages and bandwith to one damn fucking point, get over it already.

Pity I must spread my reps before repping you again. Great post, Fingon.

Jakeev
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:24 PM
I rather think that vens knew. But with the match and the crowd against her, Silence was the solution. If you only knew what the Williams sisters have had to endure in order to be you would understand why she would not have dared to question it.
Keep it quiet work for the next point is their moto and why is it so!!"

Thankfully, most intelligent Williams fans do not buy into that bullshit...........

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Please. What is it with that the-world-is-against-them mentality? No one would have care (including the crowd) if she would have tell the umpire something was wrong.

I guess some people do not realize the difference between the French Open crowd and the Wimbledon crowd.
I agree. The crowd would rather have applauded if the error had been corrected.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Some people actually like other players. *GASP* You say that people cheering when a Williams loses as bad. So, since my fave won yesterday does that make me a horrible person for clapping for K-Lina, and having good thoughts in my head?

O.k...just annoying how people just brush off all the umpirical mistakes against the williamses as just stuff that happens.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Please. What is it with that the-world-is-against-them mentality? No one would have care (including the crowd) if she would have tell the umpire something was wrong.

I guess some people do not realize the difference between the French Open crowd and the Wimbledon crowd.

Would you be willing to take the risk?! Serena complained about sdmething that was even more obvious and yet she still got burned by the crowd...

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:41 PM
What are people suppose to say? It IS stuff that happens.

We can't change the outcome of the match.

Of course....but some didnīt even want that the umpire would be dismissed from the tournament.

And would it have been aight if it was Venus who won that way too?! Curious....

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Do you actually realize that there is a difference between the French Crowd and the crowd at Wimbledon?

Do you?
Iīve come to learn through years that when it is NEVER safe t complain when the playerīs name is Williams....

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:44 PM

Damn! Give it a rest!

Stop finding things to bitch about and quit playing the victim!

:rolleyes:

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Err, the majority of people did think it was a good thing he was dismissed from the tournement.

And nothing would be different if Venus would have won that way.

Really?! I guess Iīd have to take you at your word....

Strange Famous
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Sprem didnt do anything wrong, you play to the calls and it is a professional sport, she doesnt have any obligation to call a bad call if she notices it and its in her favour.

Rather than criticise Sprem, why dont people wonder why even if Venus didnt realise she was serving from the wrong side, the umpire, the line judges, the officials, the crowd - NO ONE - called the umpire on what he had done.

The umpire obviously wasnt watching the game anyway, he gave the point on the cheer as Sprem hit the ball back through - he should be sacked. But Sprem has no obligation at all to say anything - the reason Venus lost was she was outplayed anyway, one point wasnt the difference between them.

Strange Famous
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Just read Roddickīs post-match interview...thatīs what he said after being asked whatīs the right thing to do in such a situation:

He answers from his position, but I think itīs pretty nasty from him to accuse Sprem of actually "taking" the point and "pretending like nothing was wrong"...it doesnīt really matter now if Sprem was cheating or not (and please donīt discuss this now), but I really hate to see Andy saying that Sprem was cheating all the way. Donīt misunderstand me, I am a big Roddick fan, but this isnīt the nicest thing he ever said. He shouldnīt comment something he doesnīt know...

Its quite amusing to hear someone who is as bad a sport as Roddick, someone so petulant and childish, someone so probe top tantrums and throwing the toys out of the pram when he doesnt get his way lecture anyone else on sporting behaviour.

When Roddick learns enough class to have a on court persona that matches his obvious talent, then perhaps he can have the right to talk about other people this way.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Oh really?

Name me all the tournements except the French Open that it's not safe for them to go see an umpire if they think the score is wrong.

Not complaining at the umpire percé, but Serena specially has been the victim of crowd abuse without any obvious reason many times in the past....

Yasmine
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:03 PM
It is always very easy to try and guess what the players were thinking, if they were pretending or not, if they thought something was wrong or not... The point is yes Venus should have been 6-2 and not 6-3 up, yes she's experienced enough that her or Sprem should have said something, but the bottom line is that the umpire made a mistake and his decision is final. And why do these stupid journalists asked Serena or Roddick to give their opinion on a match they didn't even see!!! They're the ones (journalists) who should shut up instead of wanting to get a scandal just to sell newspapers or make audience on TV! :fiery:

I agree with Athenaeum, it's not because some fans just slag any player that beat their favourites that everyone is like that. Sometimes I have the impression that people have just nothing better to do. I am a huge Kim fan but although I'm annoyed when Venus beats her, I still respect her and think she's a great champion and her attitude at the press conference yesterday confirmed it! :hatoff:

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Aren't we talking about Venus?

We are....so I guess that means there havenīt been that many instances when Venus has been booed, but thatīs because she doesnīt complain linecalls.

Kuti Kis&Monica
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:13 PM
I personnally don't like when Roddick states that Sprem played "the match of her life", as if she'd never win any big matches then in th future of her career. I'm sure he doesn't even know what she looks like & believes that she's not even top 100. I wish K-Lina will go through the draw as deep as she can just to show them that it's not ONE point who changed the face of her match. If the error would have happen at 1/1 15/0 or something like that, no one would have contest the victory.

mboyle
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:39 PM

Do you EVER have feelings other than self-pity and angstful spite for the evil white oppressors of the poor, perfect black people? Get over it. You are so stupid. None of your post ever add anything to any discussion on the board. Just stop posting or stop blindly supporting Venus/Serena exclusively.

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Do you EVER have feelings other than self-pity and angstful spite for the evil white oppressors of the poor, perfect black people? Get over it. You are so stupid. None of your post ever add anything to any discussion on the board. Just stop posting or stop blindly supporting Venus/Serena exclusively.

Awesome! You hit the nail on the head!

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:44 PM

Thanks a lot...always nice to know how the people really feel about one.

Why should I feel self-pity?! But itīs just obvious no?! Last year Justine and the hand,totally wrong...but what do people say?! Serena deserved it because she was complaining about linecalls all the time, etc...

I really thought I was adding something to this board, but I guess I was wrong. Then enlighten me: How could do I a more worthy contribution in your eyes?!

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Are we talking about complaining about a linecall?

Yep....

Andy_
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Way to take Roddick's words out of context. Next time quote his entire interview. Here are his answers to some other questions about the Venus incident. I don't think he's criticizing Sprem at all:

First of all thank for posting the whole interview... Judging on the whole press conference, and not only on the single answer that was posted earlier on, I have the impression that Andy wasn't precisely criticizing Karolina... he only seemed to wonder whether really you can fail to know what the score is in a match like that one, when you feel you're about to win/lose something special... but then later on he kinda admitted that both Venus and Karolina had no clear understanding of what was going on, since both players just went with what the chair umpire stated and kept playing...

I watched the match on TV and I was confused myself, for a moment I thought I'd lost count of the points, and I can understand that in a tight and tense moment as a tie break is - and that was a crucial moment for both players, one about to get like the biggest win of her career, one on the verge of a scorching defeat - you might be a little confused by such an episode and decide to just stick to what the umpire says. Besides, if I remember correctly, tennis rules tend to become a little weird in these cases... I think even only in the last rounds of Roland Garros a fortnight ago - I think it was the QF or SF David Nalbandian played - a player served twice in a row from the same side... and since the point was indeed played and won, even when they realized the mistake, according to the official rules there was no going back and replaying the point... So there's even a chance that, had K-lina or Vee said something, maybe it would have been too late...

Also, I think Venus - as Andy said himself - has been great in the way she dealt with the episode and I think we, as tennis fans, should maybe learn a bit of a lesson from her, this time... and realize that probably it wasn't just that one little point to change the outcome of the match, yesterday... Vee still had three set points in a row, but she missed them... She's a true champion and she didn't make that big a fuss about it :worship:

I've just read, anyway, that the genius of a chair umpire won't be 'involved in the rest of the event' (thank God!) ;)

Joana
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Karolina is just pure EVIL.
No!!! That's Justine. That little evil wannabe may have won the match against Venus but she'll never take that title from Justine! :mad: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Well a lesson for Venus: ALWAYS keep track of the score.

Jericho
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Well a lesson for Venus: ALWAYS keep track of the score.
well then she should get paid extra because that isn't her job

GoGoMaggie
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:46 PM
I bet the umpire's mistake was rather intentional simply because he doesn't like Venus and wanted Sperm to win so bad. I think my explanation explains the situatinon better then any other one.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:55 PM
well then she should get paid extra because that isn't her job

Tjaaa..but nobody is qualified to do their job properly..

Jericho
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Tjaaa..but nobody is qualified to do their job properly..
It seems as though the umpire is getting it easy...people are blaming either Venus or Karolina and excusing the umpire because it was a human mistake :rolleyes: wtf?

Steff_forever
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Roddick should shut up as M. Stich should about deth in women's tennis.

Calimero377
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:14 PM
4 py83]Just read Roddickīs post-match interview...thatīs what he said after being asked whatīs the right thing to do in such a situation:

He answers from his position, but I think itīs pretty nasty from him to accuse Sprem of actually "taking" the point and "pretending like nothing was wrong"...it doesnīt really matter now if Sprem was cheating or not (and please donīt discuss this now), but I really hate to see Andy saying that Sprem was cheating all the way. Donīt misunderstand me, I am a big Roddick fan, but this isnīt the nicest thing he ever said. He shouldnīt comment something he doesnīt know...[/QUOTE]

This Roddick, wasn't he the guy who didn't know in a TV quiz who "Fräulein Forehand" was?
What a dumbass .... :fiery:

Spunky83
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:18 PM
This Roddick, wasn't he the guy who didn't know in a TV quiz who "Fräulein Forehand" was?
What a dumbass .... :fiery:

That was a good one...especially since that person is the wife of a good friend of his. Maybe he had problems with the different english accent???

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Hey, maybe he doesnīt know german.....:o