It's like a tier 3 all the way to the finals now

Julian
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:34 PM
On grass..anything can happen..

I wish Lindsay the best of luck tho!

ex hopman
tru... hope Ai can get thru Semi...
Maybe Shaparova or Hantchu... might go thru there...

Peer101
Vera Zvonareva and Karolina are no tier 3 players

St.Sebastian
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Anyway, Lindsay lost the last tier 3 she played.... So we never know...

Daniel
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:37 PM
I dont mind Lindsay winning but prefer Vera Z :D

CJ07
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:38 PM
who knows what'll happen

xin_hui
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:39 PM
please lindsay....come through this draw!

harloo
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:42 PM
go lindsay!!! :)

Peer101
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Vera Kill Her :bigclap:

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:44 PM
I hope she gets through, but I doubt it. Lindsay is becoming just like Amelie. A head case.

Lady
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Anyway, Lindsay lost the last tier 3 she played.... So we never know...

:lol:

Actually, right now it's so unpredictible WTA Tour :eek: The bottom half opens up so quickly, so Lindsay's loss could be very likely :eek:

Lady
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:49 PM
But she might go to the final as well ;)

tennnisfannn
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:52 PM
That is what we said about amelie when Lindsay lost to dementieva, she had a smooth ride to the final, but obviously we forgot to let Dementieva know.

onebridgecafe
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Can Sugiyama become next Dementieva??!

!<blocparty>!
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:56 PM
I hope she can reach the final, she should now, she's playing well, and the surface compliments her game very well.

I really hope she can make the final.

alwayshingis
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I think Lindsay can get past Vera on grass ( on clay obviously it's another story), but I'll hold off judgement as to whether Karolina is a threat until after I see her try to follow up her win against shaughnessy.

alwayshingis
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Can Sugiyama become next Dementieva??!

She doesn't have the weapns off the ground.

Nicoleke
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:02 PM
She have definetly got a good draw. However, be carefull to Maria Sharapova, this girl is really good on grass :).

toobaxx
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:07 PM
jeeez you're jinxing the crap out of my favourite!!!!!!!!!!

mariok
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I'm a huge fan of Sprem and I like Sharapova, too. But, let's just face it- they are not top players yet. Meaning, Davenport does have a great draw right now, thinking about rankings only. Plus, she's very experienced. I really think this might be her last chance to get to the finals of a gs, and even if it's not the last it's definitely a huge one! If she doesn't take it, on the surface she's really good on...I don't know... She should, we'll see if she can.

foreva lindsay
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:22 PM
come on lindsay, u can take them all ;)

Williams Rulez
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Sharapova's playing amazing tennis. She'd give Lindsay a tough time out there. Its no dream draw to the finals...

Slumpsova
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:45 PM
i dont know why i see Williams vs. Davenport in the final:o .

chris whiteside
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Lindsay is hitting the ball well but will she be quick enough for Sharapova or Zvonareva? I have my doubts.

PatM04
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:03 PM
On grass I would pick her against Vera. I still don't think it will be a cakewalk but she should win. I also wouldn't call Ai and Maria tier 3 players. Both can be VERY tough and Ai has beaten Lindsay before. I think of those three players Ai would be the easiest to beat but She still has to get past Vera.

AnDyDog621
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:05 PM
well the DEPTH in women's tennis right now is pretty good, since like any1 could be a finalist now

mboyle
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Look at D's probable draw:

R16: Vera Zvonareva--Lindsay destroyed Vera at the Oz Open in under an hour. Plus, this is grass, which favors Lindsay and hampers Vera badly. This won't be a problem for Linds.

QF: Karolina Sprem--Sprem has far bigger weapons than Vera, although Sprem is a slower mover. Anyways, Sprem still needs to get through two rounds, a difficult task after the emotional stress of beating such a legend as Venus Williams.

SF: Maria Sharapova--I have few doubts that Maria will drop even a set to either Frazier or Sugiyama. Maria has kept her errors way down throughout the tournament, has moved faster than ever, and has served so well that she seems to be unbreakable. Are you trying to tell me that a slower, older, softer-hitting, more erratic player or a mere baseline retriever could trouble the player currently in the best form in the women's draw? As for the match with Lindsay, Sharapova has at least a 50/50 chance, as both women are striking the ball beautifully. Regardless, Lindsay's QF and SF won't be easy at all.

Hiko
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Lindsay's probably my favorite player on tour. That being said, I don't have a lot of faith in her getting to the final. On paper, it looks easy, but the likes of Sprem and Sharapova certainly have enough firepower to beat her.

Lindsay always seems to excel when she's flying under the radar. That won't be the case here.

joz
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:15 PM
well the DEPTH in women's tennis right now is pretty good, since like any1 could be a finalist now

On the other hand.... is there DEPTH? We all seem to think the draw is a clear path to the final for Davenport... or at least on paper... and that for a player (Davenport) who's not really played great tennis in over 2 years.... Spotty yes, but not great....

Anne K.
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:15 PM
i dont know why i see Williams vs. Davenport in the final:o .
As much as I like Lindsay and would like to see her in the final, I almost am
hoping is doesn't happen. I'm 99% sure Serena will make the final from the
top half of the draw (Cappy's play so far won't cut it, and unfortunately
Amelie's such a headcase she'll choke to Serena should they meet) and I
don't want to see Lindsay be totally embarrassed when Serena beats the
crap out of her. For whatever reason, Lindsay doesn't match up well with
Serena. I think we'd get a way more competitive final should Sharapova
end beating Lindsay. But first she needs to get past Amy!

SelesFan70
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:26 PM
I had a vision at work today (seriously :eek: ). I saw Lindsay holding the plate with Maruresmo as the runner-up! :D