PDA

View Full Version : Frazier Def. (2) Myskina 4-6, 6-4, 6-4

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:18 PM
http://wtaworld.com/ubb/eek.gif http://wtaworld.com/ubb/eek.gif

This is the biggest upset of the tournament so far because:

Myskina is the holder of the last Slam played
She is the higest seed to lose and
Her exit means that all the Russians who were seeded higher than 10 are now gone (Petrova, who is seeded 10 is still in)

BWT, I told all of you who tought Myskina was going to be able to get to the final that she wouldn't even make it to week 2

St.Sebastian
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Nastya :eek:
I thought Masha would be able to take these quality points :mad: ;)

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Nastya :eek:
I thought Masha would be able to take these quality points :mad: ;)
That means that Venus is safe in the top 10 (for now unless Maria gets past the fourth round I think).

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:22 PM
BWT, I told all of you who tought Myskina was going to be able to get to the final that she wouldn't even make it to week 2
Why is it the biggest upset then?

Wta_Spider
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:22 PM
YAY ! :worship:

WON $500 .................Thanks Amy.. :)

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Delete your thread. Footfault beat you to the punch. He always beats you. You kinda slow.

rada
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Myskina WTF..........LOL what a bad match myskina this is sad its only week 1:(

Truthwillout
Myskina :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

lizchris
Why is it the biggest upset then?
Because she was the highest seeded player on the women's side (number three, but will fall to four).

MLF
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Add Myskina to Amy's elite list of players she's beaten : Seles, Hingis, Sabatini, Martinez, Sanchez Vicario, Novotna, Huber, Pierce, Graf, Majoli, Dementieva, Navratilova ;) . She is far, far better than she's ever been given credit for.

Daniel
Nastya :sad: :sad:

lizchris
Delete your thread. Footfault beat you to the punch. He always beats you. You kinda slow.
That's because I was buy with something.

There are multiple threads about Venus losing, so why should I?

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Because she was the highest seeded player on the women's side (number three, but will fall to four).
But when you expect her to lose early, it can't be an upset to you.

Declan
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:27 PM
FANTASTIC win for Amy, her best for four years, and best EVER at a major!!! I was there in their only other match at Eastbourne years ago and I really took against Myskina that day for a variety of reasons, but I have to say she was very classy in defeat today. WELL DONE AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:28 PM
But when you expect her to lose early, it can't be an upset to you.
I did, but most people on this board didn't:rolleyes:

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:29 PM
PierceCheng?

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:31 PM
I did, but most people on this board didn't:rolleyes:
Once again, you don't make any sense.

You can't say "The biggest upset" and declare "As I predicted!" at the same time.

Peer101
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Amy's FLAT BALL really works well on the grass

harloo
YAY ! :worship:

WON $500 .................Thanks Amy.. :)
congrats!!!

lizchris
Once again, you don't make any sense.

You can't say "The biggest upset" and declare "As I predicted!" at the same time.
I made sense.

The people who said she was going to win didn't.

Greenout
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Oh no. The draw is really opening up now.

TimBo
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Didnt Amy make the quaters at Us Open one year. This isnt the best she has done at a major

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:38 PM

There are multiple threads about Venus losing, so why should I?

click, reputation, cannot bad rep this poster, must spread some around.

I'll be back.

GermanBoy
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Sartrista7, where are you now that I am right? :rolleyes: :confused:

Congrats, Amy! Well done! :bounce:

Declan
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Didnt Amy make the quaters at Us Open one year. This isnt the best she has done at a major

I think she's been in three Slam quarter-finals. But this is her best win at a Major.

Peer101
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:41 PM
u have to admit Amy wears the most ugly clothing I have ever seen :haha:

Declan
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Add Myskina to Amy's elite list of players she's beaten : Seles, Hingis, Sabatini, Martinez, Sanchez Vicario, Novotna, Huber, Pierce, Graf, Majoli, Dementieva, Navratilova ;) . She is far, far better than she's ever been given credit for.

She sneaked a couple of wins over Justine Henin early on, too!

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Maybe, but she is in the third round and Myskina isn't.

Declan
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:58 PM

I disagree. At Eastbourne she wore a lime green two-piece outfit that was loose and presumably kept her cool on a scorching day.

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:02 PM

Her exit means that all the Russians who were seeded higher than 10 are now gone (Petrova, who is seeded 10 is still in)

Haha. No Venus was the biggest upset, whether you like you it or not. Because she's reached the last 4 consecutive Wimbledon finals.

Myskina has done ?? on grass? :confused:

It's like when Seles and Graf lost to Zina Garrison in 1990 Wimbledon. Which was the bigger upset, Seles, the reigning French Open champ or Graf, the two time Wimbledon champ.

Peer101
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:04 PM
That is really sweet and it brings a tear to my eye :tears:
BUT IT WAS STILL UGLY :rolls:

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Haha. No Venus was the biggest upset, whether you like you it or not. Because she's reached the last 4 consecutive Wimbledon finals.

It's like when Seles and Graf lost to Zina Garrison in 1990 Wimbledon. Which was the bigger upset, Seles, the reigning French Open champ or Graf, the two time Wimbledon champ.

There is no one from your country doing anything. Maybe you all can't produce Champions thats why you spread venom.

Enjoy!!!

We Americans have so much to be thankful for.

Foot_Fault
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:06 PM
To Sam L:

There is no one from your country doing anything. Maybe you all can't produce Champions thats why you spread venom.

Enjoy!!!

We Americans have so much to be thankful for.:tape: Nuff Said

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:08 PM

She was tapped to be a winner and possible beat Venus in a possible semifinal.

Sorry, but she is the biggest upset so far.

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:09 PM

Enjoy!!!

We Americans have so much to be thankful for.
1. You don't even know what country I'm from.

2. FYI I'm from Australia, and I don't even like Aussie tennis players except Rafter. :lol:

3. The point of your post been? :haha:

I like lots of American tennis players like Andy, Jenn and even Venus. :lol:

Spunky83
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:10 PM

Yeah...being a Nastya fan is really heart-melting thing...there are ups and downs and I´ve already said before that she likes to have a brilliant run at one tourney and out of a sudden loses in the early rounds. That´s why I am not really shocked by Amy winning (well done). That´s just Myskina, unpredictable all the way. Kinda stupid, but love her nontheless ;)

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:11 PM
She was tapped to be a winner and possible beat Venus in a possible semifinal.

Sorry, but she is the biggest upset so far.
Maybe by you but not by many other people. :haha:

doby
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Congrats to Amy.

I found it strange that espn at the end of their coverage before they flipped over to the other espn didn't bother to mention that the #2 seed and French champion had lost. :o

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:16 PM
:eek::sad: Anastasia :(:mad:

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:18 PM
This means we will get our third different major winner in ´04!! For the first time since ´00!!

esquímaux
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Frazierfan is gonna be sooo happy :angel:

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Maybe by you but not by many other people. :haha:
I didn't tap her to be anything because I knew she would not make it past the fourth round, so you can laugh at yourself.

WF4EVER
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Maybe the problem isn't so much Frazier's clothing, as it is her very pale skin. I have never seen someone with such pale skin, and to top it off she's a tennis player so oyu'd expect her to always be outdoors. What is it with her skin anyway?

But congrats, Amy. She really almost blew it.

I was surprised at the players she's beaten in the past, but she's never beaten either of the Sisters. Have they played much at all?

!<blocparty>!
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Sartrista7, where are you now that I am right? :rolleyes: :confused:

Congrats, Amy! Well done! :bounce:

yeah, come on out Sartistra7, you called German boy "dumb" and said that I had no knowledge about tennis for dismissing her chances, and saying that Lindsay could beat her or whatever.

I would like to hear what you have to say about it.

cheers. :wavey: