PDA

View Full Version : Amy Frazier Strikes Again! French Open Champ MyskinaDown and Out...4-6,6-4,6-4

Foot_Fault
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Go Amy, Go USA. Impressed

amy will serve for the match a second time.

The Venus now Myskina...

Go Davenport and Sharapova...my other favs.

Foot_Fault
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Not yet..but probable

Havok
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:09 PM
:o don't start threads claiming wins before they happen

V.Melb
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:10 PM
hahaha... not quite.
Thats TWO pretencious people on the board! ;)

alfajeffster
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:12 PM
I agree- how can she be out? This is the type of on-court mentality that loses matches. It doesn't matter if you win or not- winning takes care of itself as long as you're hungry for the fight!

Randy H
Myskina really picked up her game to hold at love...Amy is going to have to really tighten her game to finish it off.

XaDavK_Kapri
Myskina played a great 9th game! :eek: Wow

apoet29
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Myskina was down 5-2 and won two straight games to make it 5-4. She is not down and out yet.

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Why is this thread here and the match still going on?

Wishful thinking huh, footfault. Well, since misery loves company.

Go AmY!!!!

CapFan#1
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Amy having trouble closing it out

Gunter
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:17 PM
it's done

congrats amy :bounce:

Cam'ron Giles
Thanks alot Foot_Fault...:rolleyes:

GoDominique
Amy wins :eek: I was sure she would choke this away :o

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:18 PM
OK, I take that back...GO AMY...SHE WON.....YHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH....:bounce:

Foot_Fault
Why is this thread here and the match still going on?

Wishful thinking huh, footfault. Well, since misery loves company.

Go AmY!!!!
Misery? no...just happy for USA.

CapFan#1
Way to go AMY!!!!!!! I hate to say it, but I predicted that both Elena D and Myskina would be done by the 3rd round at wimbly.......

Good luck Amy in the next round!!!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Amy :bounce: :hearts: :bounce: :hearts: :bounce: :hearts: :bounce:

I have been a fan of her for about 5 years....and that's the most amazing thing she has done :D :D

Havok
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:19 PM
OK well now Frazier won. and :scared: Myskina losing this early as the #2 seed. Ack not good at all!

Randy H
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:20 PM
What a great win for Amy, she is such a sweet player and I'm really happy to see her still fighting and competing with the best! :D

She is so humble too, she seemed to have such a shy little smile as she walked off court :hearts:

PatM04
What a forehand down break point by Amy :eek: Congrats and good luck in the next round!

Blazedboy
nice win AMy!

lizchris
Way to go AMY!!!!!!! I hate to say it, but I predicted that both Elena D and Myskina would be done by the 3rd round at wimbly.......

Good luck Amy in the next round!!!
I predicted both would not make to the fourth round, but yours was better.

Foot_Fault
acutally just waiting on the Ginepri match and the Sharapova match....can't wait!

Cam'ron Giles
Way to go AMY!!!!!!! I hate to say it
No you dont...:p

Ballbuster
Now this feels good. I guess that Venus/Myskina matchup wasn't in the cards.

Poor Russians. Hey Footfault I guess you have to edit that Russian Empire thread.

Tennisfan-Mtl
I loved seeing her smile after her win :) I just hope she'll come in Montreal in a month :) :)

Truthwillout
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Myskina :sad: :sad:

Julian
Amy :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

The Queen of Fashion, Visors and flat forehands did it.

:woohoo:
dont forget the queen of Sunblock as well! lmao

Wow great to see Amy have this win..that smile of hers at the end was priceless!!

Great kiss she gave Nastya at the net as well...from what I see Amy seems VERY humble..

Jarrett
WOW! congrats amy! i don't see you beating either daniela or maria but you never know. :yeah:

Libertango
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Amy played very well and deserved to win...doubted it would happen though, after she kept wasting chances in that final set, but she held on and came through. I thought Nastya was very ncie and gracious after the match aswell :yeah:

Congrats Amy!! :)

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:23 PM
wow @ Amy. :hearts: :kiss:

the upsets are a-comin'...

i think it's quite ironic how the russians were heralded as the next big thing but a lot of them are gone.

:shrug: Go Serena, Sharky, Lindsay and Jen Jen. :D Good luck in the next round Amy!

Grachka
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:24 PM
I have become a great fan of Frazier after that match, she just played some flawless tennis, and she was so sweet at the end. She deserves it!

Even though she beat Emily :sad:

Vincent
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:25 PM
The Russian Empire almost collapse. :sad:

Jarrett
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:25 PM
next big thing in tennis in general, no wimbledon. I didn't think any of them would do well expect for Maria and Vera.

Allez-H
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Anastacia never really was comfortable this Wimbledon,so I must say that I'm not really shocked.

Congrats Amy :yeah:

Julian
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:26 PM
wow @ Amy. :hearts: :kiss:

the upsets are a-comin'...

i think it's quite ironic how the russians were heralded as the next big thing but a lot of them are gone.

:shrug: Go Serena, Sharky, Lindsay and Jen Jen. :D Good luck in the next round Amy!
quite ironic isnt it??

Dementieva, Myskina, Kuznetsova, Bovina, Safina, Kirilenko, etc....

maybe its just the rest of the tour DOESNT want Russian domination?? lol

Mase
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:27 PM
WOW what a BIG win. One has to wonder what this will do to her confidence in the next rounds. CRAZY!!!!!

lizchris
The Russian Empire almost collapse. :sad:
All that needs to happen is for Nadia, Vera and Maria to lose, but I think Vera and Nadia will get to the fourth round. Maria may if Daniela turns into her former self.

Daniel
Nastya :sad:

cometz9
Congrats to Amy :bigclap: This must be her biggest win ever over a top player. I must say i thought Nastya would come back but Amy kept her cool and play well to win the match. Good Luck against Dani/Masha :hearts:

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Just Glad its an American.

Where is ys?

Foot_Fault
Now this feels good. I guess that Venus/Myskina matchup wasn't in the cards.

Poor Russians. Hey Footfault I guess you have to edit that Russian Empire thread.Yeah, let me rehash it...!

The only thing Keeping me going in this Tournament are
Lindsay
Sharapova
Moya
Ginepri
Serena
Dent
--------------
I lost my Venus:sad: :angel: :sad: :angel: :sad:
I lost Mardy:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Andre didn't play:sad: :sad: :sad:
James Pulled out:sad: :sad: :sad:
Kimmy didn't play:sad: :sad: :sad:

CapFan#1
No you dont...:p
I hate to say it in regards to the fact that I really like Nastya as a person and player, but you are right to say the I dont hate to say it to the very annoying people who posted after her FO win, about how she was the next best thing since sliced bread and would be winning wimbly and that she wasnt gifted her win at the FO. I like nastya, but like I said then I will say now, she got very lucky to win the FO, and she has no serve.....

Julian
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Congrats to Amy :bigclap: This must be her biggest win ever over a top player. I must say i thought Nastya would come back but Amy kept her cool and play well to win the match. Good Luck against Dani/Masha :hearts:
Didnt she beat Hingis and Venus when they were number 1?? Of course that was on the california hardcourt season..Amy's favorite time to shine lol

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:29 PM
I hate to say it in regards to the fact that I really like Nastya as a person and player, but you are right to say the I dont hate to say it to the very annoying people who posted after her FO win, about how she was the next best thing since sliced bread and would be winning wimbly and that she wasnt gifted her win at the FO. I like nastya, but like I said then I will say now, she got very lucky to win the FO, and she has no serve.....
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Julian
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Yup she had luck..but Amy played absolutely AWESOME today and could have beaten anyone..

Berlin_Calling
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:33 PM
This is so exciting. Amy surely deserves this win and she was so humble after it!

Go Amy!! :hearts::hearts:

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Truthfully

I have nothing against Myskina. She's a great competitor. However, since Venus lost, I want her to have company.

Thanks Myskina for giving Venus company. I'd hate for my girl to feel all alone as a top ranked player to lose early.

Foot_Fault
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Didnt she beat Hingis and Venus when they were number 1?? Of course that was on the california hardcourt season..Amy's favorite time to shine lol
She beat Hingis, but not Venus, it was 7-6 in the 3rd.

MLF
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Congrats to Amy :bigclap: This must be her biggest win ever over a top player.
No, she has wins over Hingis & Seles when they were #1 as well as wins over grand slam champions like Graf, Sanchez Vicario, Martinez, Novotna, Pierce, Majoli & Navratilova ;) She's never beaten Venus but pushed her to 6-7 6-4 7-6 at Stanford when Venus was #1.

apoet29
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I have to admit that I never saw this upset coming. I do find it ironic that many people after the French were proclaiming that the Russians were going to take over and now the FO champion and finalist are both gone before the fourth round. Zvonareva is in the fourth round and Sharapova has yet to play, but it looks like the Russian Renaissance certainly lost steam here.

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I have to admit that I never saw this upset coming. I do find it ironic that many people after the French were proclaiming that the Russians were going to take over and now the FO champion and finalist are both gone before the fourth round. Zvonareva is in the fourth round and Sharapova has yet to play, but it looks like the Russian Renaissance certainly lost steam here.
Lost steam. As far as i am concerned, it never left the dock.

beauty_is_pink
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:46 PM
oh Nastya :sad:

but she did save 5 match points.. and Amy was obviously getting furstrated by that fact. Nastya also had a break point.. but Amy's serve down the T was good. Good Match Nastya... :hug:

Congrats Amy :)

*roddicksinme*
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:48 PM
congrats Amy nice win.....would be great to see her get back into the top 20 :bounce:

tennnisfannn
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:49 PM
I have to admit that I never saw this upset coming. I do find it ironic that many people after the French were proclaiming that the Russians were going to take over and now the FO champion and finalist are both gone before the fourth round. Zvonareva is in the fourth round and Sharapova has yet to play, but it looks like the Russian Renaissance certainly lost steam here.I never saw the myskina upset happening and not against amy anyway. Venus I hoped would come thru but sprem has been playing well and that upset was plausible. This is beginning to have the feel of RG. Now the top half is so heavy Amelie, serena nad jen must be getting nervous. They must feel whoever gets to the final has a shot.If serena gets thru and meets Lindsay her confidence may take her thru that one, amelie and jen have poor records against lindsay thya can only hope someone else does the job for them.

Fingon
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Amy wins :eek: I was sure she would choke this away :o
Amy doesn't choke

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Amy doesn't choke
???

*JR*
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Maybe Mary Joe feels a little bit vindicated now in tabbing Sharky as being ready To Take ova Russia? :D

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Amy doesn't choke

Oh yes. Amy has choked numerous times in the past. And she almost did it against Nastya...;)

Beat
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:23 PM
nasty nooooooooooo! :(

WF4EVER
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Personally I think Sharapova is the best Russin on grass, but I would rather Daniela win today (even though she's already lost the first set). After all her struggles a good showing at a Slam would be a major/Major boost for her.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Amy :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

The Queen of Fashion, Visors and flat forehands did it.

:woohoo: :lol: Hey..she has to keep that sun off her her soft complextion some how ! :lol: :p :worship: Amy!

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:43 PM
No, she has wins over Hingis & Seles when they were #1 as well as wins over grand slam champions like Graf, Sanchez Vicario, Martinez, Novotna, Pierce, Majoli & Navratilova ;) She's never beaten Venus but pushed her to 6-7 6-4 7-6 at Stanford when Venus was #1. It was 6-7, 7-6, 7-6 venus..she has wins over almost every top player that has ever lived..now she can even add Navtratilova to that ever so growing group of no 1s and top 5 scalps! :D ;)

GoSandrine
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:01 PM
The friendly ghost carries on...congratulations Amy!!! :D :yeah: http://smileys.******************/cat/8/8_1_1.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

:woohoo:

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:48 PM
The friendly ghost carries on...congratulations Amy!!! :D :yeah: http://smileys.******************/cat/8/8_1_1.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

:woohoo: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That ghost ICON is too funny @!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

GoGoMaggie
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:22 AM
It was 6-7, 7-6, 7-6 venus..she has wins over almost every top player that has ever lived..now she can even add Navtratilova to that ever so growing group of no 1s and top 5 scalps! :D ;)
Let me add Sabatini to the list of the GS champs she has beaten.
Amy is such an unpredictable player. So every top player must be ready when taking on Amy in case the great Amy shows up.
We just never know which Amy will show up. Against Sharapova, Amy will be the underdog given their rankings as well as the results of warm-up events. But it's Amy Frazier we're talking about here, the unpredictable of the unpredictable. I just can't believe she hasn't had much of success on grass in her career with her penetrating flat strokes. Her uncoordinated serve must have always let her down. I hope Amy will play well again against Sharapova and come out as a winner. Her doing well here will sure cap her damn long career in a gorgeous way.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Let me add Sabatini to the list of the GS champs she has beaten.
Amy is such an unpredictable player. So every top player must be ready when taking on Amy in case the great Amy shows up.
We just never know which Amy will show up. Against Sharapova, Amy will be the underdog given their rankings as well as the results of warm-up events. But it's Amy Frazier we're talking about here, the unpredictable of the unpredictable. I just can't believe she hasn't had much of success on grass in her career with her penetrating flat strokes. Her uncoordinated serve must have always let her down. I hope Amy will play well again against Sharapova and come out as a winner. Her doing well here will sure cap her damn long career in a gorgeous way. :kiss: :hearts: :bounce:

DevilishAttitude
Mar 11th, 2007, 08:38 PM
BUMP

Not Amy's best career win, but her best since WTAworld began.

I remember watching this, and Amy really struggled to close it out, but she was so aggressive and it paid off in the end. She really coulda beaten Sharapova in the next round.

We'll miss the hard-hitting inconsisent differently fashioned and coloured lady of the court!

Goodbye Amy for all the memories! :worship:

:wavey:

:sad:

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 11th, 2007, 10:33 PM
:hearts: I'll miss her saying thank you to me after each ball I throw her!