PDA

View Full Version : Serena def Foretz 6-0 6-4

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Wow!!! Yippie....Serena marches into the third round and keeps the family still in the draw!! Well done babygirl!! :yeah:

:woohoo: :bounce: :bounce:

Eat that haters!! :nerner:

apoet29
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:41 PM
You gotta love Serena. She has incredible focus even in the face of family controversy.

*hingis_forever*
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Wow!!! Yippie....Serena marches into the third round and keeps the family still in the draw!! Well done babygirl!! :yeah:

:woohoo: :bounce: :bounce:

Eat that haters!! :nerner:
Why is it that you always have to mention "haters" in your threads about the Williams Sisters? Get a life! :rolleyes:

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:46 PM
The haters know who they are...donīt worry, wtafan.

*hingis_forever*
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:52 PM
The haters know who they are...donīt worry, wtafan.
Ok! Sorry! :p

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:53 PM
I know people were hoping that Serena would be defeated today, but she won. I didn't see the match so I will check the stats to see how she played. I still say her biggest threat is Patty Schnyder and not too big at that.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Will have to wait another day....... :bounce: :nerner:

K-Dog
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:08 PM
How did Serena play today? Was she high quality or was this a repeat of Talaja at the French?

cool bird
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:17 PM
She played really well in the first set. In the second just far to UFE. I think Serena is gonna have to step it up

CapFan#1
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:23 PM
The ist set was murder on the court, but she looked sloppy in the 2nd. Kudos to Foretz though for stepping it up in the 2nd.....

Congrats Rena!

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:24 PM
She played really well in the first set. In the second just far to UFE. I think Serena is gonna have to step it up
That and she has to get to net more.

Her play will work in week one, but not week two where she could meet Jennifer or Nadia in the QF if she gets that far.

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:25 PM

She probably went for increible shots. She knew she had this in the bag and just started using her opponent as practice.

I would too.

CapFan#1
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Nah, she just played sloppy in the 2nd, partly because Foretz stepped it up, really moving the ball around well, but none the less, she eeked the win out in the end and that is all that matters.....

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:33 PM
she won. the end.

good luck in the 3rd round! :bounce: :banana: :kiss:

gweeny
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Good Job Serena :bounce: