PDA

View Full Version : Next time Jennifer plays a Williams, Im supporting the Williams...

Philbo
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Ive well and truley had enough of Jennifer's bitchiness. When she first came back from all her problems I was well and truely on the bandwagon and enjoyed her fairytale comeback as much as the next person...

Ive cheered her on in many big time matches, including vs Justine at Wimbledon semis and US semi's, every one of her matches against Serena and Venus, it wasnt like a concious choice, but I just found myself cheering for Jen as the underdog...

I started having my doubts about Jen just after she had all her sucess and suddenly became really really bitchy on the court - some really classless displays of profanity - I just put it down to the extra pressure she was under.. Her interviews also started to sound really defensive...then came to the whole BJK episdoe where Monica, Meghan etc ALL sided with BJK and said Jennifer knew the rules etc before committing to Fed Cup....she lost points with me there...

But at the French and in her latest interview she has done her dash with me... Especially the bit about "I mean like, she has had her time"...when asked about Martina...

Jennifer is entitled to her opinion of course, just as Im entitled to support whoever I want on whatever basis I want...Given that the Williams girls have enough sense to show respect to the greatest player of all time, I am now scratching my head going "why the fuck was I ever supporting Jen"...She comes across to me as a precious, foul mouthed snappy cow these days..

It feels weird, but Im gonna be 100% in the corner of Serena if their QF happens...

chris whiteside
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Ive well and truley had enough of Jennifer's bitchiness. When she first came back from all her problems I was well and truely on the bandwagon and enjoyed her fairytale comeback as much as the next person...

Ive cheered her on in many big time matches, including vs Justine at Wimbledon semis and US semi's, every one of her matches against Serena and Venus, it wasnt like a concious choice, but I just found myself cheering for Jen as the underdog...

I started having my doubts about Jen just after she had all her sucess and suddenly became really really bitchy on the court - some really classless displays of profanity - I just put it down to the extra pressure she was under.. Her interviews also started to sound really defensive...then came to the whole BJK episdoe where Monica, Meghan etc ALL sided with BJK and said Jennifer knew the rules etc before committing to Fed Cup....she lost points with me there...

But at the French and in her latest interview she has done her dash with me... Especially the bit about "I mean like, she has had her time"...when asked about Martina...

Jennifer is entitled to her opinion of course, just as Im entitled to support whoever I want on whatever basis I want...Given that the Williams girls have enough sense to show respect to the greatest player of all time, I am now scratching my head going "why the fuck was I ever supporting Jen"...She comes across to me as a precious, foul mouthed snappy cow these days..

It feels weird, but Im gonna be 100% in the corner of Serena if their QF happens...

Brilliant post.

hollywood7172
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:39 AM
where did all this come from?

jennifer is not the nice girl next door, not america's sweetheart, that was obvious from a while back. she stands up for herself, because she learned long ago, and in the hard way, that in the end she is the only one who will look after herself.

you may not agree with what she says and you are surely entitled to your opinion, but i will continue to cheer for players i like, and those i dont, i dont really have time to cheer AGAINST them. life is too short for negativity, wouldn't you agree?? after all, isnt it her bitchiness you hate so much? then why add to the negativity?? simply switch channels when she's playing, and the earth will have more good vibes.

hollywood7172
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:42 AM
what about when jen plays patty schnyder? who actually CALLED someone a disgusting bitch to their face?? who are you gonna cheer for??

disposablehero
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:43 AM

This was fairly obvious to me when she was starting shit with Monica in 2001.

Miranda
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:52 AM
yes i still remember this thing and is still angry with Jennifer :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

miranda is an unforgiving old baby :devil:
This was fairly obvious to me when she was starting shit with Monica in 2001.

HectorMagnus
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:53 AM
What about Daniela Hantuchova in Fed cup when she said to Slovakian Federation to give her more money or she's gonna lose her match?

Well every player has it's own +/-, as you, nobody's perfect but live isn't about 100%, I'm sure you'll find ++++++ in every player (surely, just try it) even if you don't like her.

Cheer for who you want, it's your right but don't mythologize players, the are obviously only humans.....

mn73
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:05 AM
You only have to go to a tournament and sit around the practice courts to see that a good 50-60% of players have an ego bigger than the court. My opinions of Jennifer Capriati and Andy Roddick took a damn good knock after seeing them in the flesh, but at the end of the day it's the tennis I love and that is what I support. Having an ego and f-ing and blinding - lets face it, we all do it! And if we were multi-millionaires as a teenager and the focus of everyone's attention, who is to say we would turn out better!

Truthwillout
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:15 AM
You only have to go to a tournament and sit around the practice courts to see that a good 50-60% of players have an ego bigger than the court. My opinions of Jennifer Capriati and Andy Roddick took a damn good knock after seeing them in the flesh, but at the end of the day it's the tennis I love and that is what I support. Having an ego and f-ing and blinding - lets face it, we all do it! And if we were multi-millionaires as a teenager and the focus of everyone's attention, who is to say we would turn out better!

:bigclap: :bigclap:

Beat
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:34 AM
sorry, but maybe, just mabye you ought to write the WHOLE quote??

>

Q. Speaking of amazing as still being here, what are your thoughts on Martina Navratilova playing singles, and your thoughts in general on her at age 47 doing what she's doing.

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: I mean, I think it's pretty remarkable that she's done that. I mean, as long as ?? you know, I've said this before about the future and youngsters coming up. I think it's better to maybe give them a chance to play, you know. I mean, she had her time.

But, I mean, that she's in it and she won especially, I mean, I think it's ?? you know, she has a lot of respect from the players and from the fans still. And I think it's just ?? it's really ?? it's still an honor for us to kind of watch her play still.

DunkMachine
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Next time Jennifer plays a Williams, Im supporting the Williams...

Why are you starting a thread over it?!

MLF
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:29 AM
some really classless displays of profanity - I just put it down to the extra pressure she was under.. I am now scratching my head going "why the fuck was I ever supporting Jen"...She comes across to me as a foul mouthed snappy cow these days..

Swearing has never offended me as I do it myself, so I would never criticize someone else for it, and it seems neither should you ;) During the French Open she also gave an interview on Eurosport where she said Martina was playing great for her age and that she had always been kind to her so she wished her all the best. I guess if you're selective about interviews and quotes you can have someone sound any way you chose ( in general, my finger is not pointing at you right now! )

switz
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:31 AM
what about when jen plays patty schnyder? who actually CALLED someone a disgusting bitch to their face?? who are you gonna cheer for??

if you think patty called her a disgusting bitch because she is a lesbian then you are just plain wrong because amelie mauresmo and janette husarova are 2 of patty's best friends on tour. otherwise i do not know what the point of your comment was.

"Sluggy"
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:43 AM
who did Patty say that about please?

slice
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:07 AM

ah, do u not remember an incident involving serena calling loit a fucken bitch at the oz open last year? so dont go preaching ur shit how u r sick of her profanity and this is one of the reasons y u arent gonna support her nemore coz the williams' have been guilty of the same thing, and at least she doesnt fake injuries :rolleyes:

e.g. serena vs ruano pascual wimbledon a few years ago :o

kerbear
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:15 AM
i don't think anyone cares... suppport who you want to support :rolleyes:

GermanBoy
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Once a fan of Jen, always a fan of Jen! I don`t think Jen is bitchy. People make mistakes, that includes you and me as well as Jen. Think about that before you post this kind of shit. :rolleyes:

switz
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:45 PM
who did Patty say that about please?

martinez. she said it at the net after their interesting match in the charleston semis this year

JennyS
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:51 PM

Your post doesn't make sense. You said you rooted for Jen at the US Open semis against Justine (in 2003), but started to dislike her after the Fed Cup thingy (in 2002). If the BJK happened more than a year earlier, why did you root for Jen last year?

Furthermore, you missed a lot that Jen said about Martina. She said mostly glowing things. All she was concerned about was they Martina was taking a young up and comer's spot in the draw. In her Wimbledon press conference she was saying how much she admired Martina.

I also don't get why you liked Jen in 2002, but not now, when Jen was often moody that year, yet she has been much happier and mature SINCE then! I haven't even see her throw one tantrum this year. I also saw Jen's interviews with Chris Fowler and on the tennis channel with Murphy Jensen and she seems really sweet (often giggling like a 13 year old girl and smiling a lot)

I think Jen is cool and don't mind it when she acts a little moody once and a while. If I wanted to root for someone sugary sweet and practically perfect in every way like Mary Poppins, I'd root for Kim!

JennyS
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:01 PM

I think that a lot of players are probably much different off the court in personal situations than they are when they are practicing or playing. They kind of have this James Cameron "I'm the King of the World" mentality when they are playing/practicing, but are much different when they are just hanging out. Andy and Jen seems pretty cool in their interviews, but I also just enjoy these players for their tennis and don't expect them to act like Shirley Temple.

Then there are some athletes like Wayne Gretzky, Cal Ripken Jr. and Darrel Green who are class acts on the field, off the field, to the fans, etc.

mykarma
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:02 PM
ah, do u not remember an incident involving serena calling loit a fucken bitch at the oz open last year? so dont go preaching ur shit how u r sick of her profanity and this is one of the reasons y u arent gonna support her nemore coz the williams' have been guilty of the same thing, and at least she doesnt fake injuries :rolleyes:

e.g. serena vs ruano pascual wimbledon a few years ago :o
I remember the incident with Serena swearing and getting a warning, but don't recall the she swore at anyone. If you have the article, please post.

BTW, saying the sisters fake injuries is hysterical. :lol: :lol: :lol:

thelittlestelf
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:04 PM
I supported Jen in Rome, but after she beat Serena in Paris, I don't think I could bear Serena losing to her 3X in a row.

banana
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:05 PM

how did it change ur opinion??? what happened?

CapFan#1
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:41 PM
what a waste of a thread.......

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:02 PM

Everytime someone disagrees with your precious little Old Tennis player. You get your panties in a knot. Jennifer is right. Martina are from days long ago and Jennifer has a right to her opinion. Who cares who you root for.

Btw, Martina Lost. so you can give it a rest instead of spamming the board with your displeasure.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Man its funny how people just assume things about some of the players. I haven't seen Jennifer act like a bitch not one time....if anything I applaud her for questioning some calls that are made...because she isn't just rolling over and accepting any calls. I'm routing for Jennifer when she's not playing a williams sister...but..I dont see how you would say she's a bitch..and that her attitude is slaw.

WF4EVER
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:08 PM
So what if Jennifer says "she's had her time'? She's quite correct. I've seen and heard a lot from Jennifer that hasn't changed the way I feel about her (and I've never liked her attitude) so I'm stunned this statement should matter.

There is nothing disrespectful about saying something has had their time. ANd Martina has. She needs to leave singles to the youngsters and considering her age there are many.

Jennifer has always been frank, about the Williams (sometimes downright nasty) and about other things so she's very consistent IMO.

TimBo
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:10 PM
its funny coz if Jenn were a man, then her "frankness" wouldnt even matter. Johnny Mac has long been heralded as a tennis great. I see that his big mouth never took away from that. Im not saying Jenn has a big mouth, I love her, but if she were a man she could say what she felt and it wouldnt be a big deal

cool bird
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I used to love the fact that Jen wears her heart for everyone to see. Until the US Open Sf when she played Justine and started screaming and shouting about in balls being out. and just puting loads of pursure on the umpire trying to get the crowed on Justine back, Until she got a couple of over rules on tight points. Still lost the match :lol:

And I watch the match Between her and Venus at the US open and she was doing the same thing then. But in the end Venus had enothe and they had the old stare down. Which I have to say is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen on a tennis court and guess what happened Jen lost the match there to.

It really is unsporting

RainyDays
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:44 PM
where did all this come from?

jennifer is not the nice girl next door, not america's sweetheart, that was obvious from a while back. she stands up for herself, because she learned long ago, and in the hard way, that in the end she is the only one who will look after herself.

you may not agree with what she says and you are surely entitled to your opinion, but i will continue to cheer for players i like, and those i dont, i dont really have time to cheer AGAINST them. life is too short for negativity, wouldn't you agree?? after all, isnt it her bitchiness you hate so much? then why add to the negativity?? simply switch channels when she's playing, and the earth will have more good vibes.

OMG great post. Nicely stated. :wavey:

Philbo
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Its just been a gradual build up of times where i thought jen was actiing dumb but i had a soft spot for her because of her past, but the sympathy has dried up.. I know she threw some positives in there, and its not about just saying nav's had her time, its just what tipped me over the edge...her swearing doesnt bother me so much, just more the attitude she has of just full on anger at everyone, i dont mind someone cursiing a missed shot but tellin babies to shut up etc etc...

I understand why jennifers fans love her, this is just that my opinion of her has been eroded away over the past few years - she just robs me the wrong way these days.

Mase
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:51 PM
its funny coz if Jenn were a man, then her "frankness" wouldnt even matter. Johnny Mac has long been heralded as a tennis great. I see that his big mouth never took away from that. Im not saying Jenn has a big mouth, I love her, but if she were a man she could say what she felt and it wouldnt be a big deal Agreed :worship::worship::worship:

Great point Tim.

Tratree
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:52 PM
[Ross Gellar] sniffle-sniffle-boo-hoo.......FINE BY ME! [/Ross Geller]

CapFan#1
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Its just been a gradual build up of times where i thought jen was actiing dumb but i had a soft spot for her because of her past, but the sympathy has dried up.. I know she threw some positives in there, and its not about just saying nav's had her time, its just what tipped me over the edge...her swearing doesnt bother me so much, just more the attitude she has of just full on anger at everyone, i dont mind someone cursiing a missed shot but tellin babies to shut up etc etc...

I understand why jennifers fans love her, this is just that my opinion of her has been eroded away over the past few years - she just robs me the wrong way these days.
you need to catch up and stop living in the past.... jen is one of the MOST liked players on the tour by the other players. All the players, even Henin have commented on how nice Jen is and how she NEVER says anthing bad about anyone else. Jen got cranky in the end of 01 and 02 when she was #1 in the world, not dealing with that pressure very well, but did nothing that was so bad:rolleyes: Since then she really has mellowed and has just been awesome...... I ccould see her rubbing you the wron way 2 years ago, but since then no way....

6.45PM
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:12 PM
nobody's perfect! it is as simple as that. sometimes jen is right, sometimes she is wrong just like most people on earth. if you want to support someone who is perfect then you won't find any on this planet! why being so bitter about something she has said and which was not even bad :confused: i know sometimes people say things in the heat of things but this is why there is forgiveness. swearing on a court and stuff like that is nothing compared to what goes on in the world. tennis is a beautiful game, just be happy that you have the chance to see great players :) life is cool, man ;) and so is jen :p

alfajeffster
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:22 PM
...show respect to the greatest player of all time...
Wow! I had no idea you were such a HUGE Margaret Court fan! Was it her conversion to christianity, her coming out against lesbians on the pro tour, or her recent stand against gay marriage and giving homosexuals equal rights under the laws of Australia?

P.S.- I know you have a sense of humor deep down there, czechfan- let it out!:lol:

CapFan#1
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Hey Czechfan, check this out.... from Jen's interview today.... obviously U dont know jen.....

Q. Is the lifespan of a tennis player changing, do you think?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: You have like a variety, I think. You know, there's, you know, over 30‑year‑olds playing in the draw, and I'm reaching that point. I think it's just ‑‑ is just a number. It doesn't matter. You know, it's kind of how you feel mentally, feel inside. I mean, look at Martina. I mean, you know, she's probably in better shape than a lot of people here that are playing. So I think it's just a number.

The Crow
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:13 PM
P.S.- I know you have a sense of humor deep down there, czechfan
Not when it's about Martina I'm afraid ;)

*abby*
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:16 PM
i met jen on monday and on thursday and she is none of the things you said!
she was having fun on the practice court and signed autographs and after the match she was amazing she signed loads of autographs and was chatting with us joking around and stuff.
so feel free to support the williamses im sure jen will be crying herself to sleep after her win today knowing she has lost her number one fan!!

SJW
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:42 PM
ok, same here, you wanna start a group or.....?

Bright Red
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Not when it's about Martina I'm afraid ;)
LOL!

Czechfan, can't you be a fan of Serena and Jennifer? It's not forbidden.

SJW
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:52 PM
LOL!

Czechfan, can't you be a fan of Serena and Jennifer? It's not forbidden.
it's forbidden to be a fan of a Williams + ANY other player.

Bright Red
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:53 PM
:worship:

JennyS
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:04 AM
i met jen on monday and on thursday and she is none of the things you said!
she was having fun on the practice court and signed autographs and after the match she was amazing she signed loads of autographs and was chatting with us joking around and stuff.
so feel free to support the williamses im sure jen will be crying herself to sleep after her win today knowing she has lost her number one fan!!

I'm glad to read that Jen was so nice and relaxed when you met her! I think Tom Gully (as they call him on ESPN) has really helped to relax Jen. It's possible that when Jen isn't as friendly or sweet on other occasions she could be having a bad day (or have PMS-did anyone see that hillarious episode when Roseanne had PMS and drove her family crazy?)

Jen rocks!

Cariaoke
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:27 AM
shut up you Venus and Karolina fan!!!! :p :haha: ;)

were you expecting a pat on the back, czech fan... support who you want... that's what your sig is for... pssffttt user cp at the top and edit signature. :wavey:

bello
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:55 AM
martinez. she said it at the net after their interesting match in the charleston semis this year
WOW what happened here!?!?

DiZZiA
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Whatever... Jen wouldn't give a F**K if she has one less supporter or not...... :p

Tenniswise... she always produces the most spectacular matches with other top players....

She speaks for herself... Like it or not!!!! She won't give a F**K!!! That's Jenn!!! ;)

ys
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Capriati.. Williams.. Depends on which Williams.. In this tournament with this draw I am on Jenny' side..

bigshow21
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Capriati is so cool and the best tennis player!!!! She is not bitchy or mean or anything like that. She knows exactly what she is doing. Go JEnn!!

hollywood7172
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:28 AM
if you think patty called her a disgusting bitch because she is a lesbian then you are just plain wrong because amelie mauresmo and janette husarova are 2 of patty's best friends on tour. otherwise i do not know what the point of your comment was.WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! what the hell are you talking about?? where in my post did i mention or make reference to lesbians, and WHY would i mention that, in the context of this thread?????

if i know patty called conchita a bitch then rest assured i know why she said it. i'm not a child.

and how is it relevant anyway????? whether patty called her a bitch because she's a lesbian or because she plays moonballs and takes her time doesn't matter--it's still wrong of patty.

where the hell in this thread did lesbians come up?? are you drunk?? your post makes ZERO sense.

now, to explain MY post that you didn't understand: i was pointing out to chechfan how silly it is that he will now cheer for a williams when they play capriati, because, according to him, capriati is a bitch. this is silly because if he has a gripe with capriati being a bitch then he should just not watch her matches, and if he's gonna bother to cheer AGAINST cappy ( because she's a bitch) then why limit himself to williams?? why not just cheer against EVERY cappy match?? and since he cheers against bitches, who is he gonna cheer for if patty plays cappy?? surely chechfan would think patty is a bitch too because she actually called someone a bitch to her face, and cappy has done nothing as bad as that and he already thinks cappy is a bitch.

basically i find chechfan's reasoning of who to cheer for and against a bit childish, and thus i picked patty as an example. was that really hard to understand??

personally, i just cheer for players i like. i dont have the time or energy or passion to go and cheer against a player i don't like. why cause conflict and negativity?? i would think if you truly dislike a player you wouldn't even want to waste time cheering against them.

in the end, i just think it's silly that because chechfan thinks cappy is a bitch, he handles it by making more negativity. it doesn't make sense.

and, just in case you miscomprehend again, i do not think patty is a bitch. i dont think cappy is a bitch either. i just thought that chechfan, with the standards that he judges cappy with, must surely also think patty a bitch.