PDA

View Full Version : Vivi Ruano beats Mary Pierce 6-2.7-5

propi
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:01 AM
:eek: and :bounce:
Shocking victory for Vivi... beating Pierce is always hard, especially after Mary's first title in some years and first ever grass title :eek:
I know Mary's not a grass courter at all, but yet this victory is great for Virginia:worship:
What surprise me the most is Vivi seems to do very well against favourites when playing on Wimby... maybe even better than in Roland Garros... :o
So, after Serena and Martina Hingis, Pierce is added to Vivi's list of Wimbledon Casualties
Congrats on your victory Vivi, do well, have fun and win doubles with Paola :kiss: :bounce:
Mary... better luck next time :)

Jackson.
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:19 AM
:eek:

Mary :sad:

jirobkk
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Well done Vivi

Beat
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:37 AM
who won titles over the last weekend? kuznetsova, pierce, llodra, strichaphan.
who lost in the 1st round of wimbledon? kuznetsova, pierce, llodra, strichaphan.

:eek: :tape:

jimbo mack
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:40 AM
6/2 7/5 was the score

oh mary, :rolleyes: :mad:

switz
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:18 AM
conditions played right into VRP hands as it was very windy and she is much more equiped to deal with this than mary is.

spike83
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:21 AM
well, she kinda does these things sometimes ;)

jlamire
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:23 AM
conditions played right into VRP hands as it was very windy and she is much more equiped to deal with this than mary is.
Not to say VRP did not deserve the victory but I thought this defeat had also something to do with an injury. Apparently Pierce injured her thumb while opening an umbrella. I don't know however if it is just a stupid excuse as I did not see the match.

jlamire
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:24 AM
The score is 6-2 7-5.

Daniel
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Vivi :yeah:

Tompier
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Mary was injured ...... what a GREAT victory for Vivi :rolleyes: (or what you call her)

ghosts
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:00 AM
she shouldn't have played Hertogenbosch :sad:

Beat
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Mary was injured ...... what a GREAT victory for Vivi :rolleyes: (or what you call her)

there are not many things more annoying than fans excusing their favourite's loss with an injury. she played through the match, she lost - injured or not, THAT'S IT!

jlamire
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:10 AM
there are not many things more annoying than fans excusing their favourite's loss with an injury. she played through the match, she lost - injured or not, THAT'S IT!
Calm down man, I am not a fan at all of Mary Pierce. It's a loss and I don't care too much you know. However it's quite not honest to hide that detail in the report, that's it ;)

By the way using capital letters is quite rude in that context.

morbidangle
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:13 AM
It is a great victory for Virginia...
Mary hurt her thumb while opening an umberella! :eek:, (what is up with that!)
Still its a great win for Vivi.

Mary :sad:

Actually I consider it a compliment, that people consider a victory over Mary as a great win! Good luck Mary !!

propi
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Score corrected :) sorry for that

Tompier
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:47 PM
there are not many things more annoying than

...you ! I know I know

she played through the match, she lost - injured or not,

and that's what I said :rolleyes: