PDA

View Full Version : Venus Fans: Who Do We Root For?

tennisIlove09
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:16 AM
I'm hoping the winner of Sharapova-Hantuchova is the 2004 Wimbledon Champ! :worship: (Davenport, Capriati or Mauresmo would be nice too)

Jericho
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:18 AM
*prays for a complete washout* j/k ;)

CJ07
Serena definately. Has to stay in the fam.
Otherwise, people will go on about how the Williams Era is over. And it for sure aint....

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sharapova & Serena

SerialKiller#69
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:22 AM
I hope Hantuchova shows who's the boss. That'll be a delicious result of a match.;)

Not a Venus fan, but wouldn't it be nice that Sprem can take it all the way?:)

nikita771
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Although I'm going to really miss seeing Venus out there, I'm now full force behind Serena to get the threepeat. Poor Vee:sad:

Kabezya
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Serena is still at the top of my list, but I am also rooting for Lindsay.

Hardiansf
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Serena for sure... or Molik :eek: or Mauresmo...
Venus oh Venus :sad:

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Well I'm hoping for the Serena/Sprem final now.

CJ07
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Well I'm hoping for the Serena/Sprem final now.
part of me wants this , so Serena can eat her alive, part of me doesn't because of Serena wins too easily, it can reflect poorly on Venus (just like Dementieva in Miami)

Stamp Paid
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Serena or Sprem.

tennisIlove09
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:39 AM
that's why I can't bring myself to root for Serena. It's bad enough right now with media (and many fans) making Serena to be superhuman and Venus a piece of trash.

backhanddtl4
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Go Davenport

silverwhite
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Serena :lol:

I hope Serena and Davenport or Sprem make it to the final.

motherlesschild
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Serena is still at the top of my list, but I am also rooting for Lindsay.

serena is the only other player i know anything about (that and my lesbian sister says maresmo is a lesbian). so i am cheering for serena.

AnDyDog621
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:11 AM
I will be rooting for Myskina to get to the finals and also Serena now since Venus lost

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Anyone but Serena or Lindsay. Time for a new winner.

chris whiteside
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:26 AM
I will be rooting for Myskina to get to the finals and also Serena now since Venus lost

Myskina looked very dodgy last night but maybe she'll improve. I have a bad feeling for Serena in the quarters, I think Capriati has her measure. Serena didn't seem totally focused in her first round match and while Sprem played a blinder last night Venus gave away too many unforced errors.

It really is wide open now but this is THE big chance for Amelie Mauresmo.

harloo
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:35 AM
that's why I can't bring myself to root for Serena. It's bad enough right now with media (and many fans) making Serena to be superhuman and Venus a piece of trash.so you wan't the media (and many fans) to to make Serena a piece of trash?
LOL

Well hasn't this always been your attitude toward's Serena? ROTF:lol:

Please suprise me for once Dallas.
:tape: :lol:

Dymension
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Mauresmo :D :bounce:

RainyDays
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:39 AM
you tell him harloo.

Hots4Safin
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:54 AM
I'd like to see the Serena/Sprem final too...but i wouldn't want a thrashing, i'd want to Serena to take her out 8-6 in the third.

Stamp Paid
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:55 AM
so you wan't the media (and many fans) to to make Serena a piece of trash?
LOL

http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/tape.gifhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/tape.gifhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/tape.gifhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/tape.gif

http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/notworthy.gif

http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/tape.gifhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/tape.gifhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/tape.gif

tennisIlove09
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:58 AM
you know you're ignore list is too long when...I can't read half the replies in the thread :tape:

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:23 AM
so you wan't the media (and many fans) to to make Serena a piece of trash?
LOL

Idiot, he has a right to not like someone like you dislike Navratilova. :rolleyes:

chris whiteside
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:28 AM
I'd like to see the Serena/Sprem final too...but i wouldn't want a thrashing, i'd want to Serena to take her out 8-6 in the third.

Just to pile on the agony 15-13 final set to Serena after Sprem has had 8 match points!

I have watched a video of THAT tie-break again and looking at their faces I am now convinced (only a personal opinion) that Sprem knew of the mistake. Like Henin-H I can never look at her with admiration again.

harloo
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Idiot, he has a right to not like someone like you dislike Navratilova. :rolleyes:

Did I say I dislike Nav, no I didn't. I just don't agree with her embarassing herself and the tour. Got it loser?:rolleyes:

:lol:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:38 AM
...I have watched a video of THAT tie-break again and looking at their faces I am now convinced (only a personal opinion) that Sprem knew of the mistake...
I'm really really sad every time I happen to read about "THAT tie-break" in GM.

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Did I say I dislike Nav, no I didn't. I just don't agree with her embarassing herself and the tour. Got it loser?:rolleyes:

:lol:
Um.. did he say he disliked Serena? You implied he did, just like I implied you did, naturally. That's what people do, and you should realise that as a rational person. Oops, I forgot who I was talking to. :tape:

And if winning a maindraw GS match at 47 and making history is "embarassing", then I wonder what you do in life, or don't do. :lol:

Brαm
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:16 AM
I'm hoping the winner of Sharapova-Hantuchova is the 2004 Wimbledon Champ! :worship: (Davenport, Capriati or Mauresmo would be nice too)
A thread for Venus fans should be posted in Venus's forum IMO.

franny
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:17 AM
I'm rooting for Momo.

bandabou
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:46 AM
and that´s why Venus-fans are so sad.....when Serena losses we turn around and support Vee, but Vee-fans want everybody BUT Serena to win....so that makes them feel better.

Anna F'd Enrique
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Serena Williams or Daniela Hantuchova

volta
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Serena all the way. Serena and only Serena .

Nemesis
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:09 AM
With Justine out due to sickness, I rooted for Venus ...

With Venus out due to Karolina, I root for Amelie ...

Bероника
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:57 AM
I'm rooting for the girls in my signature,but I think only Momo (and maybe Sharapova) have real chances to win. Sprem would be a surprising nice winner too...

itofan
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:46 AM
I'll be :clap2: for Serena, Sugiyama, Davenport and Myskina.

thelittlestelf
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:06 PM
A miss Lindsay Davenport or a miss Serena Williams.

What a dream final.

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:34 PM

Serena of course, Idiot!

I'm more of a Serena fan anyway. She seems to get the job done. I love Venus too but she's just not doing it for me. I like a Williams to stay a Champion.

This is a no brainer. I hope Serena sock it to them the rest of the tournament.

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:44 PM
harloo and bandabou hit it right on the head.

When Serena's out, the support I had for her automatically goes to Venus and vice versa. This tournament, I was 60% behind Venus and 40% behind Serena. Now, I'm 100% behind Serena. If she were to fail in her bid for the 3peat, I'd like Lindsay, Jennifer (she'd have 3/4 and that's good!), Sharapova or Sprem to take it. Sharapova and Sprem especially to prove that their big wins are not flukes.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:58 PM
SERENA MAYUN SERENA!!!!!! LOL.....I love Venus to death..but she has gotta get back on her game....I still say she has about 4 more grand slams in her. If Serena does not pull it off..then I will root for Capriati..being she is one of my favorites and she never won wimbledon.

Infiniti2001
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Well I hope Serena can win the whole shebang now-- if not I'd like Momo to win her first slam. Oh but wait, I forgot Lindsay :lol:

cometz9
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Serena :hearts:, Jen :hearts:, Masha :hearts:, or Lindsay or if possible Golovin or Sprem :D

Famu_lady
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Don't care anymore. Venus is out of the tournament, so I don't have a reason to watch any more matches!!!

Ballbuster
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Don't care anymore. Venus is out of the tournament, so I don't have a reason to watch any more matches!!!

I felt like that yesterday, but then, I realized that Serena is still there.

I love Serena!

I hope she catches fire and start slaying the field.

Hots4Safin
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:58 PM
I think it's unfair to accuse Venus' fans of turning on Serena after Vee loses...i'm exactly the opposite, THE SECOND she loses, my support goes full swing to Serena.

BlinX
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:59 PM
why not sprem, the one who defeated her? :scratch:

SJW
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:07 AM
anybody but Serena. she's not allowed to have more Wimbledons than Venus. must.......not.....let........people.......think.. ...she....is.....good......

Serena :hearts: K-Lina :yeah: Masha :kiss: Nadia :cool: Momo :bounce: Linzi :devil: Jen :tape:...hell the list is too long

Just_lindsay
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:19 AM

Lindsay :worship: is top of cool, so I hope she wins. I hope Serena :bounce: , Mauresmo :eek: , and Sharapova :wavey: are the other semifinalists.

Anna F'd Enrique
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:21 AM
ok Hant is out. So go Serena and Suarez

Hots4Safin
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by BlinX why not sprem, the one who defeated her?

B/c I like Serena.

BigTennisFan
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Well after Serena of course, I've always had a warm spot in my heart for Amy Frazier. :)

And why doesn't Amy have a sponser? :mad:

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Serena, Lindsay, Jennifer, Sharapova, there are quite a few....

Venus :tears:

CC
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:29 AM
jennifer lindsay serena

Stamp Paid
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:54 AM
I would think Serena would be the natural choice, but if you have some insane reason for disliking Serena that's not Serena's fault, I guess you could go with Lindsay!

Nabalonge
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:53 AM
A thread for Venus fans should be posted in Venus's forum IMO.
I did not see the same exact thread made by Justine fans pulled to the Belgian forum. It seems this thread is fine where it is at.

bigshow21
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:01 AM
:worship: :worship: Jennifer Capriati :worship: :worship: