PDA

View Full Version : Sprem Comes One Point From Beating Venus Williams

Just_lindsay
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:57 AM
What an amazing accomplishment by the Croatian teenager... if only she could have won another point, she would have earned a berth in the third round! :rolleyes:

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:00 AM
What an amazing accomplishment by the Croatian teenager... if only she could have won another point, she would have earned a berth in the third round! :rolleyes:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just_lindsay
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:20 AM
If Venus could get the ball in play more often maybe she would be in the third round and not Sprem --> that's the real reason she is out I am afraid so how about cutting Sprem some slack.

Well done on starting another thread just for that statement

I have nothing against Sprem, it really isn't her fault. Wimbledon officials handled the situation VERY poorly, and they deserve NO SLACK. :mad: :mad:

Anyway, I know Karolina is a good tennis player, but I've never been a fan. I hope the winner of the Llagostera Vives/Shaughnessy match creams Karolina in the next round. :devil: :D

In the meantime, I want to commend Venus for her class and restraint about this abomination. :worship: :)

SUE WIMBLEDON! :fiery: :fiery:

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:24 AM
I have nothing against Sprem, it really isn't her fault. Wimbledon officials handled the situation VERY poorly, and they deserve NO SLACK. :mad: :mad:

Anyway, I know Karolina is a good tennis player, but I've never been a fan. I hope the winner of the Llagostera Vives/Shaughnessy match creams Karolina in the next round. :devil: :D

In the meantime, I want to commend Venus for her class and restraint about this abomination. :worship: :)

SUE WIMBLEDON! :fiery: :fiery:

What would she sue Wimbledon for? How much? She can't prove that she would have won the match anyway. Don't the players sign some kind of disclaimer or something stating that the umpire's decisions are final?

Just_lindsay
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:26 AM
What would she sue Wimbledon for? How much? She can't prove that she would have won the match anyway. Don't the players sign some kind of disclaimer or something stating that the umpire's decisions are final?

No, Venus has no reason to sue Wimbledon... she has millions in the bank and she can move on with her life. I think Wimbledon should be held accountable and shouldn't try to brush their mistake under the rug (hence the bold letters).

Anyway, at this point I've moved on. Time to return to "Anna Karenina"

I LOVE:
Lindsay Davenport
Justine Henin-Hardenne
Nuria Llagostera Vives
Meghann Shaughnessy
Venus Williams