PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who is....

brickhousesupporter
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:26 AM
I am sick and tired of hearing about how classy Venus is, especially in defeat. Give me the Venus who was winning majors, and therefore had no occasion to be classy in defeat. I really hope that these loses are burning her inside, so that she can use that pain as inspiration to spring her forward towards better performances.

BK4ever
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:29 AM
until she can fix her flaws...she will have alot more opportunities to be gracious. she can get away with her subpar FH and badly placed serve against most, but not against the top power players...

she is just not as aggressive off the ground as she use to be and she is also not as fast...her biggest problem seems to be a lack of confidence

Jericho
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:33 AM
yeah...i think that she is too cautious of getting injured

Kabezya
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:35 AM
I'm not tired of it at all. Quite frankly I was tired of the opposite, of remarks that Venus showed no humility and needed some class. Others are simply seeing what was always there. Venus is only showing what type of person she is in defeat, as we know what type of person she is as a victor. Don't put your preference and your wishes if not personality on Venus - she's her own person and will handle this occassion as she has in the past and her whole career the way she knows how and the way she feels is best. I think she's the best person to dictate all this and the fact that she can be classy while doing it just earns her more respect from me.

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:37 AM
It's mostly mental. I think once she clears everything up, she'll be fine. She wasn't moving her feet the way she used to. Venus can be much quicker than she was today. Bad umpiring and great play from Sprem was the cause for Venus' loss. I hope the best for Vee!

stacyh5
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:38 AM
I am sick and tired of hearing about how classy Venus is, especially in defeat. Give me the Venus who was winning majors, and therefore had no occasion to be classy in defeat. I really hope that these loses are burning her inside, so that she can use that pain as inspiration to spring her forward towards better performances.

Venus has always been classy, win or lose. Don't confuse her on-court victory enthusiasm with the good post-match words she always has for her opponents, no matter how inept they may have been.

brickhousesupporter
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:44 AM
I'm not tired of it at all. Quite frankly I was tired of the opposite, of remarks that Venus showed no humility and needed some class. Others are simply seeing what was always there. Venus is only showing what type of person she is in defeat, as we know what type of person she is as a victor. Don't put your preference and your wishes if not personality on Venus - she's her own person and will handle this occassion as she has in the past and her whole career the way she knows how and the way she feels is best. I think she's the best person to dictate all this and the fact that she can be classy while doing it just earns her more respect from me.
I am not trying to make Venus into anything. I am just tired of hearing it as if it is some consolation prize for Venus loss. Well she lost but she is still classy:yeah:

Kabezya
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:53 AM
I am not trying to make Venus into anything. I am just tired of hearing it as if it is some consolation prize for Venus loss. Well she lost but she is still classy:yeah:

The truth that Venus is classy is no consolation prize; it's simply fact.

I've always said that Venus and Serena should use this year as one of learning and take the positives along with the negatives and regroup. Beyond that I know they are champions. They know how to win and they have not settled in the past and I cannot see them doing so in the present or future - they know their business and I trust that being called classy is not seen as a consolation prize to the sisters and certainly not by this fan.