PDA

View Full Version : german medal again?

pan
Jun 22nd, 2004, 08:17 AM
since tennis became part of the modern olympic games again, there always went at least one medal to germany:

1988, seoul: STEFFI GRAF (gold), STEFFI GRAF/CLAUDIA KOHDE-KILSCH (bronze)

1992, barcelona: BORIS BECKER/MICHAEL STICH (gold), STEFFI GRAF (silver)

1996, atlanta: MARC-KEVIN GOELLNER/DAVID PRINOSL (bronze)

2000, sydney: TOMMY HAAS (silver)

but who has good chances to continue this in athens? HAAS again, SCHÜTTLER?

DramaQueen
Jun 22nd, 2004, 04:51 PM
no women - that's for sho ;)

Frongie
Jul 1st, 2004, 10:43 AM
No German women :sad:

Go Florian Mayer!

Kris
Jul 11th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Rainer Schüttler and Tommy Haas

LuckyStrike
Jul 16th, 2004, 06:21 PM
I wish that a German would win a Medal, but i think it is impossible!!!
But....... perhaps Kiefer (bronze),hahaha

pan
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:50 PM
I wish that a German would win a Medal, but i think it is impossible!!!you think it's impossible??? KIEFER played two finals and one masters series-semifinal on that surface in a row, HAAS won a title on hard court, SCHÜTTLER is still top 10 and always able to win big tournys and MAYER is the "nothing to lose"-coming man who was ranked #362 twelve months ago and is top 40 right now... you think it's IMPOSSIBLE? :confused:

selking
Aug 5th, 2004, 08:59 PM
I doubt any medals win go to germany. Usa has won the doubles gold everyyear except the first

guycan
Aug 6th, 2004, 01:07 AM
I think Germany will win 2 medals.

Haas will lose the gold medal game to Roddick and Kiefer will win the bronze medal game over Henman.

Schüttler seems like he's in a bit of a rut right now. He's kind of streaky from one week to another, and I don't think he'll be a factor in Athens. Florian Mayer is a good grass-courter from what I see. I haven't seen him enough on hard court, so I wouldn't put him as a medal favourite either.

Also, I don't think the World #1's Federer and Henin-Hardenne will medal. Henin-Hardenne is short of match toughness and will be regaining her footing in Athens. She'll probably win her first round match, but go out in the 32's. Federer seems a bit too exhausted right now, and the travelling to Athens will further drain him. Look for him to go out in the Round of 16.

pan
Aug 19th, 2004, 05:32 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship: wohooo, german medal again!!!! NICOLAS KIEFER and RAINER SCHÜTTLER got the double's final!!!! wohoooo! you made my day, guys!!!! so happy for them, they're such huge olympic-fans!!! :worship: :worship: :bounce: :bounce: