PDA

View Full Version : Paw Wimbledon Preview

Nir
Jun 21st, 2004, 11:37 AM
WIMBLEDON PREVIEW

TOP 10

SpikeyAidanm loves the grass of Wimbledon and will be very motivated to defend his RU pts from last year. had an avrage year so far but you can count on him to do damage.

spencercarlos Likes Clay better (RU in FO) doesnt have a great grass season but maybe he could do his grass breakthrough in Wimbledon, the real thing.

K&J fan has had a wonderful year and he is one of the favourites for Wimbledon. will come to wimbledon with 2 titles on hardcourts and clay so he will want to have one on grass.

Hantuchov is the best player of the year for sure. Two tier I titles in a row and great performances in FO and Eastbourne, the question is can he handle the expectations?

Butch The South African is a very good an exprienced player. Was upgraded after winning YEC and since then didnt do alot except Dubai but there is a reason why he is a top 10 player and im sure we will see it here in Wimbledon.

speedster_ is Well known as the king of lower tournaments and great on clay but his two great tournaments in Birmingham and Rosemalen showed that he can do well here.

sandg is a great player on any surface was the #1 in the world for a couple of weeks but couldnt protect on his win in FO 2003. Still I think that he really is a wonderful player who will do great things here.

Nir The young Israeli didnt have a good year until now with great performances in FO, Birmingham and Eastbourne which bumped him to #7 in the world. Does well in GS and is alwais a contender ;)

aussie_stars -The defending champion is ready to defend his title but he didnt do anything big this year but his amazing performance last year makes him a big threat here.

Je_Ne_Sais_Quoi is great on GS this year and that why I think that he is very dangerous player and a worth to watch one.

Other Seeds:
Buitenzorg- Great on grass like most aussies and he could do really well here like last year.

mypapa_je- Had a great year so far and he is one of the best players this year watch out!

bbypk- Great player but he wont be complete until he will get his first title and this is a big chance to get back to the top.

Geoffry- A winner of a GS in his first month as a pro shows how much talent he has.

ghosts- did very good this year and I think he has a real shot for a title at SW19.

WTA Handicapper- Well he has the experience, the ability and the home crowd what more can you ask?

crazillo- The winner of the FO has alot of pressure as he want to show everyone that it wasnt one good tourney here is his chance to prove it.

treiber04- A wonderful player whos done awsome this year. A real threat for the title.

Dark Horses:

canuckfan- just won a grass tournament in Birmingham and was a QF in Rosemalen. I dont need to say more.

matthias- is having a nice year and a SF in Birmingham makes him a possible threat for others.

Nathan27- Has a title already this year and is a good all around player could do serious damage.

raquel- Another local player and with the crowd im sure she could pull a top 10 spot.

jrm- She had an excellent year so far and I believe that she will continue to impress us all.

andrew_uk- One of my favourites to make a big breakthrough here.

korben- When s/he does show up then good results comes especially in GS.

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 21st, 2004, 11:44 AM
:yeah: Great Preview Nir :)

You are right about korben, when he plays, he plays well.

Hantuchov
Jun 21st, 2004, 11:50 AM
Thanx Nir! :D :worship:

crazillo
Jun 21st, 2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks!

ghosts
Jun 21st, 2004, 12:55 PM
Thank you :wavey:

Zhao
Jun 21st, 2004, 02:20 PM
oh William_Rules not mentioned???
he is one of the dark horse to look out for too...
never underestimate this legendary former no1 player...

zorgzamesnip
Jun 21st, 2004, 07:15 PM
great preview!

Cosmopolitan
Jun 21st, 2004, 11:58 PM
Excellent preview Nir!
Very well written.

HotSpot
Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:27 AM
good... love to read it

WTA Handicapper
Jun 28th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Good Stuff Nir
And I think you have highlighted the Wimbledon Winner as well!

Hayato
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:09 AM
i could still win it but im not in there :rolleyes:
im even beating some people who are in there :tape:
i still have a very good chance of getting in the top 8- infact if Sharapova wins, i will be in the top 8 :rolleyes: but you dont even mention me....:(

Hayato
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:44 AM
apart from that, it is a good preview...