Mary Won 7-6, 6-2!
amazing :worship:
the first titel for 4 years :wavey:
that will push her!!!
so proud of her :kiss:

best wishes to her

Mark Spruce
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:10 PM
I am so happy right now for Mary. Her first title in ages and it is on grass.

ypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

regards

Mark

MissTennisFan
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Wow, I am sooooooooo happy for Mary, the best player in the whole wide world!

Mary, your fans are so proud of you! We knew it was just a matter of time before you started winning tournaments again and today you did just that! Go girl!

That makes it 16 singles titles I believe...?

Congratulations, Mary!

Declan
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Bloody Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotso
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:18 PM
:woohoo: :bounce:

Nicoleke
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:19 PM
16 yeah :yeah: !!!!!

I' m very very very very very happy for my favourite player of all time :bounce: !!!!!

Congratulations again and again Mary Pierce :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

sebbe
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:21 PM
I almost died when she drops a 5-0 lead...
I'm so happy that she finally won a title, now 16=)))

JMC
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:21 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Oh i am so haaaaappyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!! and so proud of her :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

After all these years with so much problems.... she can be very proud : and more of that, two matchs the same day, it's really a good chalenge and a good test for her because at 29 that's the proof she is still powerful.

We all share with her that special moment :angel: so important for her carreer....And now she can come to Wimbly with confidence....Why not create a big surprise there.....Nothing is impossible.Mary you are really ....A QUEEN ! The only one :hearts:

MissTennisFan
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:29 PM
It's true, this title is so meaningful on so many levels: it was on grass, she had to play two matches today -- and I for one was worried about that -- and it's her first title in four years.

Now to those journalists and sports commentators out there who have been annoying me with their dumb comments for 4 years now (and even longer, come to think of it), I just want to say: YOU SEE?? YOU WERE WRONG AND WE KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Oh i am so haaaaappyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!! and so proud of her :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

After all these years with so much problems.... she can be very proud : and more of that, two matchs the same day, it's really a good chalenge and a good test for her because at 29 that's the proof she is still powerful.

We all share with her that special moment :angel: so important for her carreer....And now she can come to Wimbly with confidence....Why not create a big surprise there.....Nothing is impossible.Mary you are really ....A QUEEN ! The only one :hearts:

ashwu
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:30 PM
the first set really scared me~~~
well done mary:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
we're all proud of you:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

morbidangle
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:31 PM
:woohoo:

How I've waited for this moment! :hearts:

Mark Spruce
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:33 PM
I am so glad that I was asleep for that first set LOL

WELL DONE MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Queen is back !!!!!!!!

Mark

Mark Spruce
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:36 PM
p.s

Thanks ASH for the pics

Mark

ali
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:44 PM
:bounce: :bounce: Great win for Mary :bounce:

I'm so happy. She's back and with Wimbledon just around the corner, who knows what she can do!

Great Mary - congratulations :D

ashwu
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:52 PM
p.s

Thanks ASH for the pics

Mark
:) :) :)
the live video really sucks! but whatever~

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2004-06-19T153630Z_01_DBS211D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg

MissTennisFan
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:54 PM
http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2004-06-19T153630Z_01_DBS211D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! It's so nice seeing Mary holding that trophy and looking so happy!

Best of luck for Wimbledon, Mary!

sebbe
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Hmm it seams like it was only mine live video that worked fine.
I had no sound but what the hell, that's not a need.
Mary didn't play that good but she really stuck in there.

Mark Spruce
Jun 19th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Well I have 11 photos up on my site from today !!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.mary-pierce.org (http://www.mary-pierce.org)

It is just so amazing to see Mary holding a trophy again. And what means more to me is to see Mary so happy and smiling nad just being the Mary we know !!!!!!!!!

SO PROUD OF YOU MARY

regards

Mark

Mark Spruce
Jun 19th, 2004, 05:00 PM
title

http://sfgate.com/templates/types/universal/graphics/clear.gifSaturday, June 19, 2004
http://sfgate.com/templates/brands/breakingnews/graphics/logo_ap.gif (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/06/19/sports1149EDT0338.DTL#sections)

(06-19) 08:49 PDT DEN BOSCH, Netherlands (AP) --

Mary Pierce defeated Klara Koukalova 7-6 (9), 6-2 in the final of the Ordina Open on Saturday for her first grass-court tournament victory.

It was Pierce's first championship of the year and her 16th career title, and could give her a boost before Wimbledon, where her best performance was the quarterfinals in 1996.

On a weekend of rain delays, Pierce played the final less than three hours after winning her semifinal match against Lina Krasnoroutskaya. Resuming at 2-2, Pierce made quick work of the Russian, taking the first seven games to win 6-2, 6-2. Pierce raced to a 5-0 lead against Koukalova with a mixture of volleys and deft drop shots. But Koukalova, from the Czech Republic, rallied to force a tiebreak and led 5-1 before Pierce recovered and won the set. In the second set, Koukalova double faulted to give Pierce a break at 2-1, and slammed a series of unforced errors into the net in the seventh game to go down a second break.

raquel
Jun 19th, 2004, 05:05 PM
:worship: Well done Mary! :worship:

I am so happy for Mary that she has won a title after 4 years and especially on grass :bounce: :bounce:

She looks so happy with the trophy :)
Good Luck Mary at Wimbledon! :D

Tompier
Jun 19th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Our Queen Did A Goooooood Job :banana: :bounce: :) :worship:

*Marat BigFan*
Jun 19th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Congrats!! Mary

VertParis
Jun 19th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Just a question Mark: who is the man with Mary when she is training??

I don't recognize Sven :o :confused:

"Sluggy"
Jun 19th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Congratulations Mary!!!

Berlin_Calling
Jun 19th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Just awesome Mare :worship::hearts:

sebbe
Jun 19th, 2004, 06:56 PM

I agree with you...it looks like someone else...

Mark Spruce
Jun 19th, 2004, 07:10 PM

I do not have a clue who it is.

regards

mark

ashwu
Jun 19th, 2004, 07:20 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photos_rx/Pierce-trophy_4634_rx.jpg
Vincent Basler

http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_4631_rx.asp
http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif
Pierce Wins First Grass Court Title

's-HERTOGENBOSCH, Netherlands - Mary Pierce collected the first grass court singles title of her career Saturday, defeating Klara Koukalova 76(6) 62 in the Ordina Open final.

Have won a rain-interrupted semifinal over Lina Krasnoroutskaya 62 62 earlier on Saturday (not completed Friday due to bad weather), Pierce burst out of the blocks in the final against the unseeded Czech, winning the first five games.

But Koukalova took the next five games and eventually sent the first set into a tie-break, which she led 5-1, only to see Pierce win seven of the next eight points. Pierce won her first set point when Koukalova double-faulted.

The effort appeared to drain Koukalova as Pierce surged her 16th Tour title overall after one hour, 28 minutes, leaving Koukalova with a 0-4 career win-loss record in Tour singles finals.

"I've been very focused and concentrated this week, even with the rain," said Pierce, who had not taken a singles title since winning Roland Garros four years ago. "It's been a great opportunity for me since the No.1 (Petrova) and No.2 (Schnyder) seeds went out early.

"I'm very proud of myself. It's been awhile since I won a title so it feels really great to win another tournament."

Pierce was overjoyed at winning her first grass court title, having previously appeared in only one semifinal on the surface in her distinguished career.

"I enjoy the grass more and more, as I used to not like it very much," observed Pierce. "But I feel more comfortalbe on it and it fits my game, especially since I know what to do now and how to play on it."

Despite the loss, Koukalova was pleased with her efforts this week, having never played a Tour main draw event on grass before this week.

"It was a great tournament but of course I'm a little bit sad right now," said Koukalova. "I had points to win the first set, but she started playing better and was hard to beat."

morbidangle
Jun 19th, 2004, 07:32 PM
That guy is Craig Kardon. Atleast thats what someone told me. Craig used to coach Mary is 1997.

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 19th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Damn....Mary greatest moment for a long time and I wasn't around to give my support.....:sad:

Never mind....well done Mary...I'm so, so proud of you....:worship:

U never fail to inspire me....I love u and ur efforts....u never gave up....and finally here it is....SUCCESS!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Mary....my inspiration...always....:angel:

Rest well Mary....good luck for Wimbledon!!!!!!:bounce:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

VertParis
Jun 19th, 2004, 08:41 PM
That guy is Craig Kardon. Atleast thats what someone told me. Craig used to coach Mary is 1997.

Yes, Mary got great results with him: she won in Rome, made a final in Berlin... But I hope she is still going to work with David :bounce:

saby
Jun 19th, 2004, 10:19 PM
:bolt:AAAAHHHHH:bolt: :bigclap: YYYEEEAAAHHH:bigclap:

:woohoo: :silly: :banghead: :smash: :yippee: :nerner: :banana: :rocker: :crazy:

THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT
MARY

:angel: :angel: :angel:

NicoMary
Jun 19th, 2004, 11:49 PM
youpi...A new title for Mary, it was time...good begginning on grass...hope that the end of the season will be that good....we could be proud of that great MARY:worship:

HugeMaryFan
Jun 20th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Well done Maree!

Mark Spruce
Jun 20th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Well I just saw the match point on Sports Centre on the Spanish ESPN.

WOW what a thumper of a shot. I just really am so proud of Mary. Isn't it great to see Mary holding a trophy again.

Mark

Piotrek
Jun 21st, 2004, 11:35 AM
1989 - ITF/York-USA
1990 - ITF/New Braunfels-USA
1991 - Palermo
1992 - Casena, Palermo, Puerto Rico
1993 - Filderstadt
1995 - Australian Open, Yokyo,
1997 - Italian Open
1998 - Paris Indoors, Amelia Island, Moscow, Luxembourg
1999 - Linz
2000 - Roland Garros, Hilton Head

2004 - Rosmalen Congrats Mary GREAT WIN FOR YOU :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
I`m very very very happy MARY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

MissTennisFan
Jun 21st, 2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the list, Piotrek! :wavey: What an impressive list of accomplishments, not to mention how enjoyable it is to read over and over again!

:bounce: Go Mary! :bounce:

Declan
Jun 21st, 2004, 05:38 PM
1989 - ITF/York-USA
1990 - ITF/New Braunfels-USA
1991 - Palermo
1992 - Casena, Palermo, Puerto Rico
1993 - Filderstadt
1995 - Australian Open, Yokyo,
1997 - Italian Open
1998 - Paris Indoors, Amelia Island, Moscow, Luxembourg
1999 - Linz
2000 - Roland Garros, Hilton Head

2004 - Rosmalen Congrats Mary GREAT WIN FOR YOU :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
I`m very very very happy MARY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Would it be possible for you to post her 10 Doubles triumphs, too, along with her partners' names? Many thanks if you can....