Krasnoroutskaya
Nagyova
Strycova
Talaja
Peng
Farina Elia(14)

morbidangle
Jun 17th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Ruano Pascual is a good grass court player, she beat Hingis in the first round in 2001. If Mary gets thought that match, I expect her to win her 2nd match as well and face Farina Elia in the 3rd Rd. Mary has a 5-1 record against Farina, but lost their most recent match in Tokya 2003. Still I'd give Mary a good chance in that match, although Silvia will be tough to beat on grass, coz of that great slice backhand. A 4th round against Momo should be great! :bounce:

Lets hope Mary wins her first round and does well here!

Declan
Jun 17th, 2004, 01:08 PM
I think she'll beat Ruano Pacual; they've already played at Wimbledon, in the 1997 first round and Mary won in three sets after winning the first set 6-0! Second round: although Nagyova beat Mary in three long sets in Montreal two years ago that was Mary was at her un-fittest ever. (She's never played Krasnoroutskaya.) I'd give Mary the nod against Silvia at the moment too, even discounting Silvia's dismal record against Mary. I was at her match against Bovina at Eastbourne on Tuesday and it was about the worst I've ever seen her play - (maybe the pressure of defending so many points at Eastbourne and Wimbledon were inhibiting her?) Anyway, I expect Mary to reach the round of 16 again to face Amelie. As to that match, who knows!?!....

ashwu
Jun 17th, 2004, 01:12 PM
hmm... peng might beat farina :)

mary has a tough first round. hope she could do well~

sweetpinks
Jun 17th, 2004, 01:15 PM
hmm... peng might beat farina :)

mary has a tough first round. hope she could do well~Hey guys if anyone is interested, Mary's match will be on live in 15 minutes, the first match is completed, one of the guys was hurt and there is sound today so it is going to be fun to way

Mary is practicing right now, she looks great and is smiling

sweetpinks
Jun 17th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Hey guys if anyone is interested, Mary's match will be on live in 15 minutes, the first match is completed, one of the guys was hurt and there is sound today so it is going to be fun to way

Mary is practicing right now, she looks great and is smiling
Mary took the first game, she looks heavier than when she last played, I don't know if it is because Kremer is so slender

Scotso
Jun 17th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Guys, guys...

I love Vivi, but to be totally honest she is NOT a grass court player. She was on fire when she beat Hingis, and Hingis was playing like crap. Vivi is mainly a claycourter, and in singles she is no where NEAR the player that Mary is. Mary should win that easily.

I think this is the best possible draw Mary could have hoped for. Silvia is playing poorly lately, and many of these other players are on their way down. She should make the 4th round to play Mauresmo... and could *possibly* win that, since Mauresmo seems to self-destruct in the slams and may not make it there anyway. This is a dream draw for Mary this year.

Allez Mary! :bounce:

ashwu
Jun 17th, 2004, 05:20 PM
1997 wimbledon 2nd round. mary beat her in 3 sets 60 26 63. that match really scared me~

Mark Spruce
Jun 17th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Best Of Luck to the Queen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

remyremy
Jun 17th, 2004, 07:11 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: Oh, I'm so disapointed about this awful draw. Every matches seem so dangerous to me. I'd like to be as confident as you...

Tompier
Jun 17th, 2004, 07:18 PM
It's not the best draw ever !!!! But I think Mary will reach 4th round without big problems :) and then who knows....

saby
Jun 17th, 2004, 09:56 PM
I think it's a good draw, that way we will know exactly how Mary is "feeling" on grass and how is her game.

If she gets true this, we will be more proud of her :p

:angel: :angel: :angel: