PDA

View Full Version : Project Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Spruce
Jun 17th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Dear Mary Fans.

My friend and I have been discussing the idea of preparing something for Mary to show our support and appreciation for this top-notch athlete and person. I am aware that there are beautifully leather bound books with wonderful
paper (The paper has pieces of fibre, you must have
seen paper like this. It is very expensive and beautiful), that can be signed and are perfect for this purpose. The books cost about 60 euros and are used to memorialize weddings and other events so people can sign them and leave nice messages.

This would be perfect for Mary, We think she would
love it. What we could do is all post wonderful messages using PM to me (Mark Spruce) so they can be private and not seen by everyone if you so choose. Or you can most the message on this thread if you want. The messages would then be printed in color and carefully cut and pasted to the book. We want a first-class book that Mary can enjoy when she so chooses, something that will last and that she will hopefully treasure.

We will also provide photos of the book before it is purchased, so we can be sure you like it. Maybe we could even vote? And also if we all agree to such, each page of the finished book can be scanned and sent to everyone in a pdf format, so everyone one of us can potentially have a copy of our book. Also, a photo can probably be taken as she receives the book. These books are called 'un livre
d'or' which means a golden book, and again, They are
really beautiful and it is a gift befitting the class of Mary Pierce. Please, correct spelling and grammar are important, and please add tons of smilies and colour.

You can of course mail any messages too, thus you can insert drawings and hand-written messages as you wish in the book. Again, we should discuss whether posting a thread that everyone can see, or whether PM messages that only I or a few other people can see are preferable. Also we need to make practical decisions regarding how large our messages can be, how many messages can be inserted, etc. I believe it is easier to do this through Paris, as I am in the Falkland Islands. I will stay in constant contact with my people in Paris to ensure that this is seemless and professional work product. We do need your help obviously making the messages, giving ideas, making
decisions, and possibly a small monetary contribution to cover some of the costs. Without a doubt, if we do this, It will be one of the best books of its kind ever given to a
professional athlete. I have no doubt about that.

We need some help though. What would be really great is if a woman living in Paris could collaborate on this. We need a lady:angel: who can take charge and run with this project. A woman who can help choose the book we buy, who is crafty at cutting and pasting, can make decisions about the order of messages, who is available on the first day of the tournament, which is a Monday, so that she can give Mary the book along with other of Marys supporters. A reliable person who would not lose the book, a woman or women who can make this commitment. And of course this person can make decisions as she chooses, and We would hope that if she had other ideas or identifies problem areas, that she would take control of the situation, and let us know what we can do to help her make this a successful project. Basically we are looking for a reliable woman who has the time and energy and imagination to make this project work, a creative and take-charge kinda girl. A woman and/or women to provide that special womens' touch.

I hope that you can read this and just post suggestions to me on the thread of just Privately PM me.

At this stage is is just a project in the planning stage.

take care

regards

Mark

remyremy
Jun 17th, 2004, 08:54 AM
OK :) :) :) . But what the hell is this "Woman" obsession ? :fiery: . I hope you don't think Mary could be afraid by a man... :rolleyes: ... She traveled allover the world for so many years, meetings male fans, working with men... A awkward woman could be worst than a man for your project. For me, you just need someone quite smart, charming and, above all, astute. :mad:

"Sluggy"
Jun 17th, 2004, 09:28 AM
remyremy, maybe you are right? I have no idea? I agree with Mark that a woman would be better. Maybe you are right. lets see what other people thinK.

LafandeMary
Jun 17th, 2004, 10:10 AM
I think there should be many people to give Mary's book!
Every Mary's fan who will be in Paris during the open gaz de france should give the book! Of course, someone has to talk and I don't know if a woman is better than a man to do that ;)

This livre d'or is a great idea FrogBurger, perhaps could we put our photo with our message to Mary, some fans of a french singer did that!

I really hope I'll be here when Mary will receive her book :bounce:

morbidangle
Jun 17th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Mark, I think you are fretting over nothing. I dont think Mary will ever freak out if, during a practice session a fan gives her a book of messages after she has signed a few autographs. I have seen that happen many times. We did that on Bilal's website once, and the guy went str8 to Mary during a practice session and said " Hi mary , I am a huge fan of yours... here is a gift from me and some of my buds" :lol: thats the classic stalker line, even then Mary didn't freak out and took the book. Was very nice, and took pics with the guy. So I dont think thats a huge problem. I think we have to wair for some time, like until the US Open... coz if hurried, such projects can get screwed up!

"Sluggy"
Jun 17th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Very cool - this is great information. Morbidangle - what do you mean about to wair for some time? what does that mean? we have until February if we give it to her at the open gaz. the project therefore is not hurried at all. we have 9 months.

Yes, i nice group of fans to give her the book would be perfect. Excellent idea!!!!
Maybe we should find fans from other websites who want to be part of the project?

MissTennisFan
Jun 17th, 2004, 12:44 PM
I also think a group of fans should give Mary the book. Whether a boy or a girl actually hands it to her doesn't really matter as long as people are respectful of her time and privacy. Mary, as other people have pointed out, is used to being approached by fans all the time, regardless of their gender and she handles such situations perfectly as we've all heard.

Thanks again FrogBurger for coming up with this idea. :wavey:

"Sluggy"
Jun 17th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Coooool. Yeah if there were a group that would be awesome and we could say hay mary, hang for a second, we have a nice fan apprecation book for you!!! excellent idea guys

Mark Spruce
Jun 18th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Morbidangle--I just always worried that I do not want to well freak Mary out, I mean I do not want to pressure Mary. Ok I just want to respect her privacy. Oh we will take time as we want to present it to Mary at next years Open Gaz De France.

Remyremy--Well I am getting together a team, sorry if I made you a little mad. Yes all we have to be for this project is careful and just do things right if it is a man or women or both. I just want to do things right.

Lafandemary--I think that is a great idea. I mean if a group of us met up we could get a group photo and then add it to like the inside of the book. I hope if this projet gets off the groud I am planning for sure to travell all the way to Paris to help present the book.

Frogburger---yes if they then could send the messages to me I then could forward them onto my friend in Paris who is helping me out.

take care

Mark

saby
Jun 18th, 2004, 10:13 PM
If I can help...

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Mark Spruce
Jun 19th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Hi Saby, yes I would love for you to be able to help if you do not mind. Well if you mail me we can talk a bit more.

Hope to hear from you soon.

take care

Mark

"Sluggy"
Jul 10th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Hey guys. Marks decision to move forward with project mary prompted me to go to Printemps in Paris, a very beautiful and large department store with high quality products. Please let Mark know if you like the book or just post here in the thread.

"Sluggy"
Jul 10th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Anybody know who that poster is of in the first picture?

Mark Spruce
Jul 11th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Hi FrogBurger, thanks so much for the pics of the book. I am just downloading them right now.

I will let you know what I think of the book. Thanks again for all your efforts.

take care

Mark