PDA

View Full Version : Another Choking performance by Evie!!

AUSBOY
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Up 6-2 4-2 and doin it comfortably, hardly losing a point on her serve. Then Evie gets tight, gets broken back and loses a string of games.

Must have had a toilet break cos she regrouped and was up a break in the 3rd before choking again! She didnt hold serve once in the final set!

TS
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:12 PM
She will never get over the choker tag. Always gets tight, always!

And at 24, I doubt it will ever change.

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:24 PM
She led Panova 6-3, *6-5 at Sydney 2003 as well. And lost.

:( :(

azza
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Evie o well 12+ points is good better then ur 2 points last year :D

louloubelle
Jun 16th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Always promises in situations like these, one win and we always think 'has she turned a corner'.

Nup!

Can imagine the 2nd serve and lack of aggression would've been the keys to her loss! Panova would've fought hard as usual and not given Evie an inch when it counted.

rustibikki
Jun 16th, 2004, 09:40 PM
anyone remember the match where evie played jelena back in adidas international? this was maybe in 01, on centre court and both of them choked up. neither could get a serve over the net. typical of evi but surprising for miss dokic. but then again this was when she was still playing for aus and evie and dokic were main rivals.

SM
Jun 16th, 2004, 11:24 PM
yes i saw that match! i think it evie choked FAR more than jelena...evie was up a set and had chances to get the second but let jelena back in by caressing topspin ball after topspin ball right back in the CENTRE of the court...absolutely NO aggression and did not change her game ONCE...

SHE LET JELENA BACK, and in the third set jelena raised the bar mentally pumping her fist and hitting the lines on the big points. the reason jelena has got to
#4 in the world and evie will never raise to dizzying heights in the game :(...

SM
Jun 16th, 2004, 11:28 PM
sad thing is evie led jelena 3-1 in junior itf and won the junior canadian open, making us open semis the week later losing barely...and she also had wins over henin and mauresmo back in her junior days...soo much promise

beckturner
Jun 17th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Juniors is a completely different ball game though and past performances are rarely relevent when plyers move into senior ranks. The champions mature and the others don't.

Mr_Molik
Jun 17th, 2004, 06:14 AM
i reckon the reason evie did so well in juniors is her moonballing skills :tape:
oh well go evie get bak in form

broncosven
Jun 17th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Still shows better signs then when she lost in the challenger 3 and 3 to a qualifier

She is on the rise again . . just needs a kick start

AUSBOY
Jun 17th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Juniors is just about consistency and placement, Seniors is about controlled, accurate aggression and poor Evie still plays like a junior!