PDA

View Full Version : Mary's s-Hertogenbosch Draw

Declan
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Seeded third, Mary doesn't receive a bye (Good! She needs as much pre-Wimbledon match practice on grass as possible!)) and opens against Emmanuelle Gagliardi. Her second round opponent will be Maria Kirilenko or Maria Elena Camerin. Quarter-Final should be against 6th seed Jelena Kostanic, (though Katarina Srebotnik and Anne Kremer could replace her, both of whom have beaten Mary before, although Srebotnik through a retirement). Then the projected Semi-final opponenent is the out-of-form top seed Nadia Petrova. So, a pretty good draw for Mary - and about time!!!

Scotso
Jun 12th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Emmanuelle is like a walkover lately. If Mary loses to her I think it's time to call it quits :o

Allez Mary!

saby
Jun 13th, 2004, 12:37 AM
I suppose it's a good draw for Mary but for now it's Emmanuelle, let's see how Mary will play during this match. She had almost 3 weeks to prepar herself for grass.
I hope she lost some pounds too, this way she should move better on court.

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Wizzy Maryfan
Jun 13th, 2004, 07:24 AM
The best player she can meet is, to my point of view, Maria Kirilenko.
But, she has to take this tournament match by match, without pressure - hope she'll win.

Tompier
Jun 13th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Mary should get at least to the SF :D :) but I think She has a big chance to win this one :bounce:

NicoMary
Jun 13th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Kremer is a good grass player, i think it could be a little test for Mary..we'll see how she is doing before wimbledon....a bit of weight lost should be very good for her and her game:hearts:

allezmary
Jun 13th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Isn't Kirilenko the one who gave Serena Williams fits in Paris. If so, that is a TERRIBLE second round match-up for Mary. I am surprised she isn't playing doubles here with Petrova, btw. Best of luck, Mary!

remyremy
Jun 13th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I agree : Kirilenko will be a bad 2nd round :mad: Mary will have to be very aggressive from start as she can do so well. Come on Mary :kiss: love and courage

Mark Spruce
Jun 14th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Best of luck Mary and just have allot of fun out there.

take care

regards

Mark

Declan
Jun 14th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I agree : Kirilenko will be a bad 2nd round :mad: Mary will have to be very aggressive from start as she can do so well. Come on Mary :kiss: love and courage

Kirilenko did play a good match against Serena, but has won barely a dozen main draw matches in her career, and never one on grass. Why do you think she'll trouble Mary so much?

remyremy
Jun 15th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Hi Declan!

I'm a bit afraid of Kirilenko cause, as you know, she did a great RG 2004. But above all, she's very aggressive and determined. Our french commentators said during RG that, even if Kirilenko is a very young player, she's very efficient on the court (not like safina or other young players wich are not enough mature). When she began the 2004 season she said that she was ready to beat some of the best players. :cool: Ok that surely means nothing but for me it means that she's very confident and not afraid to play serena, venus...or Mary. About her game, she's a (I don't know how to say in english :tape: ) "une joueuse de contre" (like Miskina... and we know Mary has some troubles with Miskina). That means she likes when her opponent hits powerful shots : she returns the ball faster (I don't know if I'm clear, tennistic english terms are difficult for me :mad: ).

So, these littles things let me think that this match could be hard and even lost by Mary :tape: . But let's remember that Kirilenko is not Miskina (not yet!) and she has to be in a very good day to beat a quite great Mary (if Mary keeps the ball inside the court ;) :rolleyes: ). Finaly, I'm a bit afraid, but just a little bit ; I'm absolutely sure that our "Mary des grands jours" could teach a great tennis lesson to Kiri during a 6-1 6-2 kicking ass match :bounce:

So, let's see the first match for the confidence :) , let's see the 2nd one for the mental solidity :D and let's pray for the rest of the open :angel: :angel: :angel: . Everything is possible :bounce: :bounce:

Love :kiss: and courage Mary!

Piotrek
Jun 16th, 2004, 10:57 AM
BEST OF LUCK MARY DURING ORDINA OPEN Take this title :bounce: :bounce: