PDA

View Full Version : David will coach Mary again!

LafandeMary
Jun 9th, 2004, 12:23 PM
I read that in the french magazin "Court Central":
Mary said: "I will work again with my brother after Wimbledon. He knows me well. We love each other. That's the best for me. I will share my time between Paris and Florida..."

(I'm sorry my english is not very good, I hope you understood everything :) )

So what do you think of this news? Mary had good results with David in the past so we can hope some great results :hearts:

Go Mary you're the best :kiss:

Justine

Piotrek
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Hey :wavey:

MARY WILL WORK WITH HER BROTHER AGAIN :yippee: :yippee: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

This is great news !!!! David Pierce is a very good coach. :worship: He trained with Mary in 2000, and Mary won Roland Garros then.

I hope Mary will also cooperate with Sven Groeneveld

ali
Jun 9th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Well this is surprising news - but also good news!
I hope Mary still has some imput from Sven though. I think he's done a good job on the whole, although results this year have been a bit disappointing. If Mary will spend her time between Paris and Florida though, it seems Sven won't be involved.

I wonder if she'll be coach-less at Wimbledon :confused:

MissTennisFan
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:05 PM
This is awesome news!!! I have been waiting for this to happen... well... since they stopped working together!!!

Thank you so much for sharing the news with us, fan de Mary! :wavey:

:bounce: Allez Mary et David!:bounce:

MissTennisFan
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:10 PM
It's also really nice to see that Mary wants to spend more time in France again... maybe she'll come visit Geneva sometime as a lot of French players live here. :)

Tompier
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:55 PM
I hope It will work :)
GO Mary :bounce:

Declan
Jun 9th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Yes, I agree David was hugely beneficial to Mary's career. (Although so has Sven been, too...). I also hope there's still a place for Sven on Mary's team.

morbidangle
Jun 9th, 2004, 08:28 PM
I hope Sven is involved one way or another!

saby
Jun 9th, 2004, 09:38 PM
What a surprise, I like David and I like Sven so I hope Mary will work with both but I doubt.
Mary needs to feel "love" around her to feel good so if she thinks David will help, GO HEAD MARY, work with him again.

sebbe
Jun 9th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Didn't she work with David when she won Roland Garros 2000??

aimee20
Jun 10th, 2004, 02:16 AM
when did they exactly split. after Fo2000?
I thought david was with her until the end of 2000. is that correct?

Mark Spruce
Jun 10th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Hello,

This is great news. I have always loved David especially when he coahed her in 00. I hope that Sven is still going to be Involved. He has been such great news for Mary.

Also David knows 1000% how far her can push Mary.

regards

Mark

Scotso
Jun 10th, 2004, 04:21 AM
I'm really happy about this, it's what i've wanted!

Wizzy Maryfan
Jun 10th, 2004, 11:01 AM
This year, Mary's result were not as good as expected, so I think it's a good idea to change again, and David is a really good choice. To my mind, it's so important to have a new mind (un nouveau regard) on Mary's tennis and shape. She probably wants to play better than she did this last year - even if it was a very good year - because she is not a a "second-rank" player, like Dechy, Loit, Pistolesi are ... Mary is a champion, not only a "good player".

But, i would have known why Mary and Sven have decided to stop their collaboration : Perhaps it's because Mary wants to do more, she wants to beat players like Venus and she thinks that she needs news, or perhaps Sven wants to bring up his chlidren and to be more present with his family ... In all case, I hope that Sven will be with Mary in 'S Hertogenbosch and Wimby, 'cause she needs some good results !

Xcuse my bad English :kiss:

morbidangle
Jun 10th, 2004, 03:14 PM
when did they exactly split. after Fo2000?
I thought david was with her until the end of 2000. is that correct?
They split after Mary got injured at the end of 2000, and it wasn't clear how long she'd stay out of action. David had to pick up some other job, which is understandable.

remyremy
Jun 11th, 2004, 12:19 AM
Hi ! I'm very surprised about those news. But I'm even more surprised because it seems that everyone here think that it's a great thing for Mary. I hope so but... :confused: . I have often heard that mary was a difficult player to coach and that's why she stopped collaborating with many coach in the past :confused: . Is that true!?! Anyway, I hope that it's a positive choice from Mary and not a negative one due to problems with Sven. :confused: Mary doesn't need that now, she needs peace to focus on the grass tournaments. I'd like to be as happy as you are, but I'm afraid... She had been discouraged so many times in the last months... And we all know what could happen when Mary plays matches with troubles in mind... :tape: :tape: :tape: Anyway I don't think it's the best preparation for Wimbledon. So I'm gonna pray :angel: :angel: and give all my courage to Mary and David.

NB : Mary will certainly leave Amsterdam !!?? I hope that David has a great staff to take care of Mary's body (like in Holland).

Love you Mary :kiss: je pense bien fort toi.

Mark Spruce
Jun 11th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Remyremy--I am sure that David will have the best for Mary. One thing that David will have to offer is the love of a family member with her.

I always think that bering close to family when you are on tour helps allot.

I still hope allot that Sven will still be involved.

Mark

Nicoleke
Jun 11th, 2004, 12:57 PM
I personally don' t know if it' s a good solution ..... I hope that Sven will continue the " story " with Mary Pierce again .....

Jackaboo
Jun 11th, 2004, 05:29 PM
I would hope to see Sven coaching Mary at home (in Amsterdam), and David travelling with Mary to the tournaments. I think Sven has a family and he may not be as available as Mary would like him to be to travel to tournaments, so maybe David can take that role; support Mary while on the road.
I guess we'll see how it goes.

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 12th, 2004, 04:22 PM
yes....I'm behind this 100%!!!!:bounce:

I'm a firm believer....Mary had done well with David before and I see why not they work again???? It'll do wonders for Mary's confidence and frame of mind....David's a great supporter!!!!:bounce:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Jun 14th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Jackaboo------I just love what you said.

regards

MaRK